Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #5,867 of 6,385
Hey guys, I tried the fazor version of these cans.... bass and bids are great (maybe mids are a bit recessed, but I like that), but I find highs to be very harsh and almost piercing. Is that the case?

Feb 11, 2021 at 9:17 PM Post #5,869 of 6,385
Not for me on vintage maraztz CD80 PM80 or Burson conductor 3x ref or Sparko Aries with chord Qutest. Or A&K SP1000M. what sources are you running?
Topping D90+A90 stack.
With my Clears and Sundaras I have not experienced anything like that.

Feb 11, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #5,870 of 6,385
Just picked up a pair of LCD-3s! After 2 days I’m still shocked at how great they sound. Still with stock cables so need to get a balanced XLR soon

Feb 11, 2021 at 11:20 PM Post #5,871 of 6,385
Once you hear LCD4, you will lose interest in LCD3. That's what happen to me.
Do the LCD 4s have any known driver issues like the LCD 3s or did they work it out by that time? They sound sweet but I've very hesitant to buy Audeze after being burned by driver failure out of warranty. Thinking of going with some RAD-0's instead because of the lifetime driver warranty.

Feb 12, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #5,872 of 6,385
Do the LCD 4s have any known driver issues like the LCD 3s or did they work it out by that time? They sound sweet but I've very hesitant to buy Audeze after being burned by driver failure out of warranty. Thinking of going with some RAD-0's instead because of the lifetime driver warranty.
After they changed to 200ohm the LCD4 had a marked decrease in driver failures, but they have a notorious wandering frequency response. The rule seems to be if you get a pair you like do not let it go.

Feb 17, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #5,873 of 6,385
My newly acquired Lcd3 are brighter than my previous pairs. Drivers are from 09/20 compared to 2018 and 2015. The darkness is gone...sadly.
Still, they sound quite good and I am not complaining. Comes very close to the Lcd4 I had in the past.

Feb 24, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #5,874 of 6,385
Hello, good morning,

I have LCD2 C (i want to sell this) , Where I love it, but I want to upgrade to this new version LCD 3, is is a good investment and secure?

And I will updgrade from Shiit Asgard to v280 frm Violectric

Thank you

Feb 24, 2021 at 5:43 PM Post #5,875 of 6,385
Hello, good morning,

I have LCD2 C (i want to sell this) , Where I love it, but I want to upgrade to this new version LCD 3, is is a good investment and secure?

And I will updgrade from Shiit Asgard to v280 frm Violectric

Thank you
Hi Alpha
I haven't listened to the LCD2 C. but i have the LCDxc LCD 3 and LCD4. If you still want closed the LCDxc are in my opinion very close to the LCD3. Dont underestimate how much sound leaks from the open back Audeze they are quite loud for people around you if you listen at higher volumes. Plus in noisy environments noise gets in. But the LCD3 are great. I'd demo them if you can. I'd also try with your existing amp and see how that goes before upgrading.

Feb 24, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #5,878 of 6,385
I'm actually going to sell my LCD3 so pm me if you are inrerested. They have very light use i got them in jan 2020 so they are practically brand new with 2 cables the audeze OEM Unbalanced and OEM 4 pin XLR balanced cable. Both about 1.8 to 2m long.

But shortly after i got the LCD3s i got the LCDxc and i do most of my listening on them for practical reasons. Then i bought the LCD4s which are spectacular but leak noise and are more demanding on amplification. Note I'm located in Australia. I'd want to send them with tracking and insurance.

If i had to pick only one pair of headphones it would be the LCDxc because they sound great and are very practical. Easy to drive, don't leak noise in or out.

Cheers
Sam

Feb 26, 2021 at 2:09 PM Post #5,879 of 6,385
Reacquired a pair of LCD-3F... my third pair, hah. This one's the 2020 version with the black pads, suspension headband, mesh damping, and LCD-4 spacer behind the pads.

Balanced cable en-route to use with by speaker amp - but I am getting surprisingly great performance out of my original Schiit Valhalla. Who would have thunk?

Feb 26, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #5,880 of 6,385
Reacquired a pair of LCD-3F... my third pair, hah. This one's the 2020 version with the black pads, suspension headband, mesh damping, and LCD-4 spacer behind the pads.

Balanced cable en-route to use with by speaker amp - but I am getting surprisingly great performance out of my original Schiit Valhalla. Who would have thunk?
They dropped the brown earpads? booooo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back