Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Aug 20, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #3,991 of 6,385
In my experience, the LCD  leaks way more than the hd650, maybe as much as the hd800, that said, my wife can barely hear mine with a wall between us and the door open (maybe 5 mt far). 
Other than that, I finally managed to install the spacers in both my audeze headphones and they help... A LOT, on the 3 particularly as the padding is softer, they should put them in the box as standard equipment. 

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:06 PM Post #3,992 of 6,385
  Shipped to USA from Israel took about 4-5 days, then about a week and a half for repair and finally shipping back and delivery.. well they shipped it on 11th of August but I guess its on their side, cause I got it on the 17th... it felt much faster actually...

They've had mine for almost two weeks now. How long does it take to unscrew/screw in a new driver? Their techs should be so used to replacing LCD3 drivers they should be able to do it blindfolded.

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #3,995 of 6,385
Well I'm back in this fourm again. Don't know if anyone here has heard the alpha primes. My current phone. But if I were to move on I would want a similar sound with more low end extension and a little more impact. Also if I were to get these used does aduze repair failed drivers after their warranty period?

Aug 21, 2015 at 8:42 PM Post #3,996 of 6,385
Well I'm back in this fourm again. Don't know if anyone here has heard the alpha primes. My current phone. But if I were to move on I would want a similar sound with more low end extension and a little more impact. Also if I were to get these used does aduze repair failed drivers after their warranty period?

From Audeze:

•Drivers are warranted everywhere in the world for 3 years. (If you plug them into a wall socket, go scuba diving with them or go mad scientist on them, they won’t be covered!)
•We’ll evaluate the drivers and proceed on a case-by-case basis.
•If replaced under warranty (or paid for out of warranty) the new drivers will then be warranted for a further 3 years globally. 
•When we replace drivers, either in or out of warranty, we install the latest models with all enhancements included such as Fazor elements.
•If you live outside the USA and you purchased Audeze headphones from one of our local dealers/distributors you can send them to your country’s authorized Audeze distributor for service.
•If you purchased your headphones directly from Audeze you can obtain warranty service from Audeze USA but not your local dealer/distributor.
•The prices for driver replacements have been revised.
•The LCD-3 is $375, the LCD-X/XC is $325, and the LCD-2 is now $250

It's worth pointing out that one of the reasons for the greater cost of driver replacement is that Audeze replaces both drivers even if only one is defective. We do that so both are matched for best performance. We don’t know of any other manufacturer that goes to these lengths to be certain you have the best product possible.

Aug 21, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #3,998 of 6,385
Lcd3 bought at 28 Mar, left driver just failed yesterday. I can hear a very very very weak signal from the failed left driver.

Must have something wrong with the product design and construction, hope audeze has already sort out the reason behind and got it right after fixing the failed units.

The local authorized dealer can repair my unit and likely I can get my lcd3 back within a week.

Anyone knows if the replaced units has got the previous problem fixed and if it is less likely to fail?

Aug 23, 2015 at 9:00 PM Post #4,000 of 6,385
I decided to change my ear pads from the brown velvet stuff to brown leather.

I don't like the velvet. I know you sweat less with them however if you do the sweat stays in the pad and it is not nice. At least with leather you can wipe it easily.

Anyhow. I took this pic. I was impressed how clean my drivers were after 18 months use. Mine is the classic version.

Aug 24, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #4,001 of 6,385
I just got my LDC3s back from repairment and they sound great. I have to say that I’m impressed with Audeze, the headphones were ready ship back 6 days after Audeze received the package. I had a pair of used headphones (in very good condition, but right driver failed), now I got it back with new Fazor drivers, new ear pads and three years warranty. It sounds new, looks new and smells new.

My experience is A+. Great communication, prompt answers and caring customer service.

Special thanks to Kim and the Support Team to help with the shipment to Italy, which is not that easy here with packages outside of EU.

Aug 25, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #4,002 of 6,385
I'm happy to say that this Saturday I should become an owner of LCD-3's! These will be my can upgrade from my EL-8's. Eventually I'll probably get a cable upgrade, but the first upgrade I want to make is my amp. I've been using an ak100ii and that's fine directly to low impedance headphones like my CIEM's. And that can drive these, but I really should get something better. I was looking at the new schiit mjolnir. It looks like a great amp! A bit pricey for me right now after this purchase, but I could probably get it in a couple months. In the meantime I have a JDS O2 to at least get me the power I need. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'd be using line out directly from my AK, so it would be the DAC, does anyone think I should maybe invest less money in the amp and also get a dac? Or maybe get a deckard? That's certainly on the table. Sorry for my obliviousness, I've kind of spent most of my time learning about my CIEM never thinking that I would be able to own an LCD-3 which was my dream for a while this soon. Now I kind of need to learn what the heck I'm doing when it comes to high-end cans. I would really like a chord hugo, but that's just not gonna happen. 

Aug 25, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #4,003 of 6,385
  I'm happy to say that this Saturday I should become an owner of LCD-3's! These will be my can upgrade from my EL-8's. Eventually I'll probably get a cable upgrade, but the first upgrade I want to make is my amp. I've been using an ak100ii and that's fine directly to low impedance headphones like my CIEM's. And that can drive these, but I really should get something better. I was looking at the new schiit mjolnir. It looks like a great amp! A bit pricey for me right now after this purchase, but I could probably get it in a couple months. In the meantime I have a JDS O2 to at least get me the power I need. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I'd be using line out directly from my AK, so it would be the DAC, does anyone think I should maybe invest less money in the amp and also get a dac? Or maybe get a deckard? That's certainly on the table. Sorry for my obliviousness, I've kind of spent most of my time learning about my CIEM never thinking that I would be able to own an LCD-3 which was my dream for a while this soon. Now I kind of need to learn what the heck I'm doing when it comes to high-end cans. I would really like a chord hugo, but that's just not gonna happen. 

Burson is known to have good syngery with Audeze. If either DSD or balanced headphone output is not a must for you, you can consider Burson Conductor Virtuoso.

Aug 25, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #4,004 of 6,385
Oh yeah if you have the LCD's, you need to feed them with a Hugo for sure!

Just kidding, get a DAC that actually performs like the Multibit Gungnir, or if you have more cash, the Yggdrasil. Both are worthy.

The O2 isn't bad for the cost... It has some issues with treble grain, but actually does drive planars well. I would probably recommend the Cavalli Liquid Carbon for synergy with the LCD's, or the Eddie Current Black Widow.

In all honesty, I would consider an amp upgrade before a DAC upgrade, but it's entirely up to you. Enjoy the LCD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back