Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Jul 18, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #3,916 of 6,385

Maybe I mis heard/read, but I though Audeze where going to come out with a kit like this?

I am still confused how it helps? Does the original hand band still touch your head?

So your head will no longer touch the original audeze headband. Should be like 1cm or less gap at the top between the 2 headbands.(sort of like photo)

Its a soft leather pad suspended on those stretchy things so it perfectly balances out the pressure & weight of these big cans, Also found it helped to align the ear pads correctly for a more even seal.

Overall for 40 bucks or so totally worth it, Would by again. 10/10

No idea if Audeze is making something like this, Haven t heard anything my self.

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #3,918 of 6,385

So your head will no longer touch the original audeze headband. Should be like 1cm or less gap at the top between the 2 headbands.(sort of like photo)

Its a soft leather pad suspended on those stretchy things so it perfectly balances out the pressure & weight of these big cans, Also found it helped to align the ear pads correctly for a more even seal.

Overall for 40 bucks or so totally worth it, Would by again. 10/10

No idea if Audeze is making something like this, Haven t heard anything my self.

Thanks for the explanation.
Not that I found the LCD to be very uncomfortable, unless its say hours on end then it starts to get a little.
Sadly for me the ebay listing won't ship to Hong Kong.

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:58 PM Post #3,919 of 6,385
I find the LCD-3's much more comfortable than the HE-500's I previously owned. Would it break Audeze to make their own leather band, as it seems to be more comfortable for most people? For the cost, it sounds like a smart idea.

Jul 19, 2015 at 10:59 PM Post #3,920 of 6,385

Thanks for the explanation.
Not that I found the LCD to be very uncomfortable, unless its say hours on end then it starts to get a little.
Sadly for me the ebay listing won't ship to Hong Kong.

Try messaging him on Head-fi I think you get a better rate and he shipped to me in New Zealand so if he can get it here he can ship it anywhere.

Jul 22, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #3,922 of 6,385
I just placed an order for the suspension thing. I have high hopes, can't wait to receive it. 

Jul 22, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #3,923 of 6,385
I just placed an order for the suspension thing. I have high hopes, can't wait to receive it. 

Just got mine today!

And note that this is a bad picture. The loop was stuck under the yolk screw on the left side. It's not normally that way, looking like it is on the right side.

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #3,924 of 6,385
Just got mine today!

And note that this is a bad picture. The loop was stuck under the yolk screw on the left side. It's not normally that way, looking like it is on the right side.

I'm wondering if I'm going to need the extended long yokes?

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #3,925 of 6,385

It stretches pretty well when you put it on. However, if you already have the yolks all the way extended (or a notch or two from the end) you might end up needing the longer yolks. 

Jul 22, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #3,926 of 6,385

It stretches pretty well when you put it on. However, if you already have the yolks all the way extended (or a notch or two from the end) you might end up needing the longer yolks. 

Thanks I guess I'll try it first and see. How do you install the longer yokes?

Jul 22, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #3,927 of 6,385
Thanks I guess I'll try it first and see. How do you install the longer yokes?

Here's where you buy them. 

https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/extended-yoke-rods

I'm guessing they have instructions from Audeze, but it's pretty simple. Just unscrew the yolk screws and lock washers, open up the set screws in the blocks and pull them out. Then reverse for the new rods. 

Jul 22, 2015 at 5:11 PM Post #3,928 of 6,385
  Here's where you buy them. 

https://www.audeze.com/products/accessories/extended-yoke-rods

I'm guessing they have instructions from Audeze, but it's pretty simple. Just unscrew the yolk screws and lock washers, open up the set screws in the blocks and pull them out. Then reverse for the new rods. 

Thanks. 

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:22 PM Post #3,929 of 6,385
Greetings all,

I'm new (VERY new) to head-fi, and just received delivery of my first pair of high end headphones yesterday - a pair of LCD-3's.  As all of you know, these weren't cheap, and I'm left, at the moment, with a budget of $400 or less to spend on some sort of amp.  (I plugged them directly into the back of my iMac 27" when I got them yesterday, and they sounded so bad I don't even want to listen to them again until I get something.)   By September, I'll have built back enough money to purchase something in the $1,000-$2,000 range, so what I'm looking for (I think) I some sort of sub-$400 interim solution that I could keep after getting the better amp in September.  My thought is that it might be a good idea to get something portable now (possibly the Oppo HA-2??) which I could then use as a secondary (travel) amp after I get the better (probably non-portable) amp in September.    

What would be truly great is a sub-$400 suggestion that I could drive out and purchase at a brick and mortar store in the southern California LA or San Diego area today.  I'd rather not wait to order something off the web (but, if I must, then I can and will.)  

So... any suggestions, thoughts, etc, would be greatly appreciated.  By the way, thanks to everyone who has already contributed valuable advice/experience/impressions in this thread so far.  On the merits of that, I'm already looking at cables, microsuede ear pads, and that brilliant looking suspension system designed by a user here.  

---Berus 

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #3,930 of 6,385

Users who are viewing this thread

Back