Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #3,316 of 6,385
  If you really want to know the whole story (and also drive yourself crazy in the process) you could read back through the 221 pages of this thread and the 654 pages of the "New Audeze LCD3" thread and piece it all together. 
tongue_smile.gif

Ugh no, I'll pass :).  I just wanted to lodge my displeasure somewhere, where maybe someone at Audeze might see it and move on.

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #3,317 of 6,385
  Ugh no, I'll pass :).  I just wanted to lodge my displeasure somewhere, where maybe someone at Audeze might see it and move on.

I've worked mainly with Tara (and also got to meet her at RMAF) so don't know who you talked to, but if it wasn't her you might want to try again as she's both cool and helpful. 

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #3,320 of 6,385
Just bought a LCD 3F ...i have  ray samules Raptor......any suggestion if this is a good combination...???

preety excited about this...

Damn. Nice tube amp.

I use the Woo WA22 with the LCD 3 all the time. Tubes kill my SS amp (Oppo HA-1) so I would guess the Raptor will be awesome for you.

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #3,322 of 6,385
  Thank you,....any cable suggestions???

V

Not really my type of thing. I have never really taken cables seriously. I buy good. I just don't buy super urber expensive.

They way I figure with tubes is if you don't like the end result in the chain you can roll the tubes to get the sound signature just how you like. The cables don't matter as long as they are not super nasty cheap.

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM Post #3,323 of 6,385

Not really my type of thing. I have never really taken cables seriously. I buy good. I just don't buy super urber expensive.

They way I figure with tubes is if you don't like the end result in the chain you can roll the tubes to get the sound signature just how you like. The cables don't matter as long as they are not super nasty cheap.

Tubes i think i am set, had some mullard and amprex if i remember correctly.....

now seeing what cables to replace the stock cable...

V

Dec 3, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #3,324 of 6,385

Tubes i think i am set, had some mullard and amprex if i remember correctly.....

V

I sometime use a Mullard rectifier GZ32 (I have four in my stock). Super nice. Super lush. Very nice with the LCD 3. Another one that I'm trying is the Fivre 5R4GY. Super cheap and beats the Mullard in a few areas.

Dec 3, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #3,325 of 6,385

Quote:

V

I did not like the thin flat cable as well and it was too long. 

I got a shorter one on ebay and it's nice, I like it.

The soundstage got larger, the instrument separation are much more defined, the bass are deeper, the midrange is more in your face, the treble are more sparky without being sibilant. /s

I took the 1.5m, here the seller if you want to take a look at http://www.ebay.com/itm/Professional-Audeze-replacement-cable-st-Jack-to-2x4-pin-mini-XLR-Van-Damme-/141461528923?

Neutrik connector, good quality Vandamme studio cable, nicely build. Basically get the job done and will last for years.

Dec 5, 2014 at 3:47 PM Post #3,328 of 6,385
Audez'e quietly upgraded classic LCD2s and 3s to Fazor. Headfiers noticed a difference. Audez'e 'fessed up.

Some wondered if Fazor was a worthy upgrade. Audez'e offered an upgrade. There were few takers. Audez'e withdrew the upgrade.

IIRC.

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #3,329 of 6,385
All headphones I've tried sound sharp and harsh to me.  Something is wrong with my ears I guess.  I went through several pairs until landing on my current pair of LCD-3 Non-Fazor.  I'm using a Red Wine Audio Bellina HPA with the most mellow tubes I can find.  The problem was worse with other electronics I've tried.  Cymbals, snares, and the like can still be difficult.  Could a headphone cable help?

Dec 19, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #3,330 of 6,385
  All headphones I've tried sound sharp and harsh to me.  Something is wrong with my ears I guess.  I went through several pairs until landing on my current pair of LCD-3 Non-Fazor.  I'm using a Red Wine Audio Bellina HPA with the most mellow tubes I can find.  The problem was worse with other electronics I've tried.  Cymbals, snares, and the like can still be difficult.  Could a headphone cable help?

You may want to get your ears checked. I don't want to alarm you but if it's hyperacusis it could get aggravated by loud music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back