Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Nov 10, 2014 at 4:50 PM Post #3,286 of 6,385
I recently received cables from ELA Cables (website), I have been using stock cables with my LCD-3F before.

These are silver plated copper with teflon shielding, each wire individually sleeved, viablue 1/4" plug. There are several colors one can choose, including mixing colors for the left and right channels which is pretty cool. I ordered mine in black for 90usd (ebay link) 5 to 15ft same price.

First impression I immediately noticed a more open sound stage and increased dynamics, tonality did not change much. On second moment the sub bass seems more extended, highs a little cleaner and reduced background noise ("blacker blacks"). Highly recommended.

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #3,287 of 6,385

^

I don't have that Beaut you ordered. Love the setup you are putting together.

I'm using the WA22. I am very happy with it. I actually have a very, very nice Home Theater and the Woo is my favorite thing.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Badas

A most enviable setup, especially the projector. No need to leave the house, you have enough entertainment to last you a lifetime.:D

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #3,288 of 6,385

^

I don't have that Beaut you ordered. Love the setup you are putting together.

I'm using the WA22. I am very happy with it. I actually have a very, very nice Home Theater and the Woo is my favorite thing.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Badas

I like you're setup, lots of attention to detail. I used to own a video shop and I got fed up with the case horrors, my kids never put the same movie back in the same case so I ripped them all to my 24TB raid drive. It seemed like a good idea at the time but now it takes forever to scroll through 2,000 movies. The cases were good, I regret getting rid of them now.

Your setup has that nice retro library feeling. Congrats

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #3,289 of 6,385
  I recently received cables from ELA Cables (website), I have been using stock cables with my LCD-3F before.

These are silver plated copper with teflon shielding, each wire individually sleeved, viablue 1/4" plug. There are several colors one can choose, including mixing colors for the left and right channels which is pretty cool. I ordered mine in black for 90usd (ebay link) 5 to 15ft same price.

First impression I immediately noticed a more open sound stage and increased dynamics, tonality did not change much. On second moment the sub bass seems more extended, highs a little cleaner and reduced background noise ("blacker blacks"). Highly recommended.

Very nice. Do they make a balanced connection version?

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #3,290 of 6,385
Yes.
  1. 3.5mm or 1/8 inch Via Blue headphone connector
  2. 4 Pin Balanced XLR
  3. 6.35mm or 1/4 inch Via Blue headphone connector
  4. iBasso balanced headphone connector
  5. kobiconn / rsa/ alo balanced headphone connector

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #3,291 of 6,385
Cool HT Badas!

Nov 15, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #3,292 of 6,385
Well, I just sold my LCD 3-C's which I've had for a couple of years to get a new fazored LCD-3. One thing that surprised me were the sound differences I've heard compared with what folks have reported. My new fazored LCD-3's are to me MORE powerful in the bass, not less. They are more articulate and detailed in the mids and highs. The sound is still very dark and dynamic. They have lost the yummy sweetness of the old LCD-3C and replaced it with a character of incredible power topped with delicacy and speed. Kind of like, if it were a person, I would say like Mike Tyson if he were an incredibly talented ballet dancer!
Very nice, very different, but not what I was expecting!

Nov 15, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #3,293 of 6,385
Give them some time to break-in as they will loosen up a fair bit and maybe some of that ease and fullness you are missing will come back. What sold me on the LCD-3F was the degree of-I guess I would say- effortless detail they present relative to the LCD-X and some other headphones. I agree that the bass is leaner but more articulate.

Nov 15, 2014 at 5:55 PM Post #3,294 of 6,385
Interesting report Elrondo. Sounds like you are happy with the differences yes?

Nov 15, 2014 at 6:08 PM Post #3,295 of 6,385
  Well, I just sold my LCD 3-C's which I've had for a couple of years to get a new fazored LCD-3. One thing that surprised me were the sound differences I've heard compared with what folks have reported. My new fazored LCD-3's are to me MORE powerful in the bass, not less. They are more articulate and detailed in the mids and highs. The sound is still very dark and dynamic. They have lost the yummy sweetness of the old LCD-3C and replaced it with a character of incredible power topped with delicacy and speed. Kind of like, if it were a person, I would say like Mike Tyson if he were an incredibly talented ballet dancer!
Very nice, very different, but not what I was expecting!

me too, I thought the 3F's have a more detailed bass. I still alternate back & forth between them and the X's though depending on music.

Nov 16, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #3,298 of 6,385
I was wondering if anyone can compare 3f vs XC? Mike @headfonia describes XC as the closed version of the 3 and best in the line.
Is it really clearer and cleaner sounding and punchier bass than 3?

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #3,300 of 6,385
I have to say Yes, XC has it's own sound that is different from the 2 or 3. I don't think it's better or lesser but more of a different presentation. One is laid back, sweet and relaxing and the other is a bit forward, bold and authoritative. I honestly enjoy both tremendously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back