Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Nov 7, 2014 at 5:10 AM Post #3,271 of 6,385
Stepped, fine graduations

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:16 PM Post #3,273 of 6,385
Hi, can some owner of LCD-3 please tell me - is it feasible to wear them for 8+ hours / day (more like 12 actually)? Or are they too heavy for that and more like a 1-2-3  hour session headphone?

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #3,274 of 6,385
  Hi, can some owner of LCD-3 please tell me - is it feasible to wear them for 8+ hours / day (more like 12 actually)? Or are they too heavy for that and more like a 1-2-3  hour session headphone?

Not feasible IMO. Although I can't really wear any headphones or earbuds at all beyond a few hours with music playing due to listening fatique. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #3,275 of 6,385

Not feasible IMO. Although I can't really wear any headphones or earbuds at all beyond a few hours with music playing due to listening fatique. 

Thank you for response! I understand the fatigue part - I would just turn music down to low volume (and switch to ambient) - it still helps to stay focused when programming. 
Besides the listening fatigue - you mean not feasible due to their weight?

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #3,276 of 6,385
  Thank you for response! I understand the fatigue part - I would just turn music down to low volume (and switch to ambient) - it still helps to stay focused when programming. 
Besides the listening fatigue - you mean not feasible due to their weight?

Yes, too heavy for sure. 

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #3,277 of 6,385

I regularly wear my Audeze headphones for many hours at a stretch. Not unusual at times to have them on for 8 to 14 hours when sitting stationary doing pencil rendering, photo finishing, market research or whatever. Absolutely comfortable but I guess I would be considered to be in the rare minority from reading the threads here. I have the X now but have had the 2.2 and 3c. Same with all.

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #3,278 of 6,385
The listening fatigue for me is more about what I listen to more than the weight, never tried 8 or 9 hours tho

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #3,279 of 6,385
I wear mine comfortably on and off throughout the day, no issues now, I did need a week or town when I 1st used Audeze to adjust but now I don't notice them really.

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:59 PM Post #3,280 of 6,385
  I regularly wear my Audeze headphones for many hours at a stretch. Not unusual at times to have them on for 8 to 14 hours when sitting stationary doing pencil rendering, photo finishing, market research or whatever. Absolutely comfortable but I guess I would be considered to be in the rare minority from reading the threads here. I have the X now but have had the 2.2 and 3c. Same with all.

Yip, I do 8 hour listening sessions and could go longer however my Woo says not to use longer than 8.

I wear mine comfortably on and off throughout the day, no issues now, I did need a week or town when I 1st used Audeze to adjust but now I don't notice them really.

I found that also. Was worried for the first week and then I forgot the weight. They are super comfy so to me the weight is not a issue.

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:08 PM Post #3,281 of 6,385
^ Your Woo speaks to you :confused: Or this is a constraint of Woo amps?

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #3,282 of 6,385
^ Your Woo speaks to you
confused.gif
Or this is a constraint of Woo amps?

^
Nice one.
biggrin.gif
Yeah in the manual it says to not listen longer than 8 hours. So I respect that.

By that time my Oppo HA-1 is heater hot and my Woo is only warm but I stop anyway.

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #3,283 of 6,385

^
Nice one.
biggrin.gif
Yeah in the manual it says to not listen longer than 8 hours. So I respect that.

By that time my Oppo HA-1 is heater hot and my Woo is only warm but I stop anyway.

Really? which Woo amp do you have?

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:35 PM Post #3,284 of 6,385
I found the LCD-3c to be a lot more non-fatiguing than the 3f. With the c's I could do hours but after an hour or so of the f's, my ears are beat.

Perhaps with tube amps, it might be different but I wouldn't know because both my amps are solid state which served fine for the c's.

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:36 PM Post #3,285 of 6,385

Really? which Woo amp do you have?

^

I don't have that Beaut you ordered. Love the setup you are putting together.

I'm using the WA22. I am very happy with it. I actually have a very, very nice Home Theater and the Woo is my favorite thing.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=Badas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back