Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
Jun 28, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #5,086 of 6,385
If you're listening 5-8 hours a day personally I would go for a different headphone because of the weight (and I get a hot spot on my head after about an hour).

But between the X and 3 I would go for the 3 for longer sessions and just in general. I own both (later Fazor 3 since I had to get drivers replaced a few months ago; X was from Audeze's first run) and while the X may sound good with most music, it does not have the midrange beauty of the 3s. As I've upgraded to higher end models I still go back to the 3s whereas the Xs are a rare occasion as a throw-back.

Jun 28, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #5,087 of 6,385
I work at a standing desk with these on sometimes for that long or longer. Like anything else, you build strength by using it. The standing desk wasn't easy at first, but now I love it and I'd never go back.

I recommend doing three sets of an hour each with the LCD-3's per day and making sure to get 100g protein. Creatine helps too.

Jun 28, 2018 at 5:57 PM Post #5,089 of 6,385
I get a hot spot on my head after about an hour)
You really shouldn’t be getting a hot spot with your LCD-3 if you’re using the new suspension headband, and if you’re NOT using the new suspension headband you really should be. I couldn’t stand the comfort or weight of my LCD-3 with the stock headband, but with the new one I can wear it all day.

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #5,090 of 6,385
Wow haha I was thinking the exact same thing the lcd x or 3 are darn heavy I'd say twice the weight of my hd800s. I audioned the lcd for about 1h and the weight didnt bothered me as much personaly. What I felt more of a concern is the pressure from the headband with the earcups pushing quit hard on your head side ways I mean. When you put them on your head feels like your surounded and wraped with a super comfy big couche.

Yea I guess its a serious business getting into lcd headphones you gota get in slowly like in a gym step by step train those muscles.

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:42 PM Post #5,091 of 6,385
You really shouldn’t be getting a hot spot with your LCD-3 if you’re using the new suspension headband, and if you’re NOT using the new suspension headband you really should be. I couldn’t stand the comfort or weight of my LCD-3 with the stock headband, but with the new one I can wear it all day.

I really love that fiber carbon headband wow its gorgeous :wink:

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #5,092 of 6,385
If you're listening 5-8 hours a day personally I would go for a different headphone because of the weight (and I get a hot spot on my head after about an hour).

But between the X and 3 I would go for the 3 for longer sessions and just in general. I own both (later Fazor 3 since I had to get drivers replaced a few months ago; X was from Audeze's first run) and while the X may sound good with most music, it does not have the midrange beauty of the 3s. As I've upgraded to higher end models I still go back to the 3s whereas the Xs are a rare occasion as a throw-back.

I auditioned the x and wasnt so mush impressed that it would make me run away from my hd800s. I did some super nice eq on the hd800s and I think they sound better.
I also feel some love for the lcd 3 some reasons. I havent heard them hehe. My feeling is that it has sometging special with bass and mids.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:17 AM Post #5,093 of 6,385

I'm not using the new headband nor am I going to invest in it as I don't wear my 3s for extended time anymore. If I start using them for longer sessions I'll consider it.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #5,094 of 6,385
After owning it for a while, has anyone concluded that they no longer liked the LCD-3 enough to keep it?

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:36 AM Post #5,095 of 6,385
I've been through driver failures and cracked wood and while I was not happy with those issues I still always wanted to keep them. The LCD3 and Audio Zenith PMx2 are the two headphones that I don't see myself getting rid of even as I get higher-end headphones. They may not get as much head-time as before but they really hit the spot. However I do not own the LCD4/z. I've tried them at a few meets/canjams and depending on what they were hooked up to I really liked them. I chose instead to get the Final Audio D8000 which I'm happy with but the LCD3 has a special midrange quality to it that I haven't found with others.

Jun 29, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #5,096 of 6,385
After owning it for a while, has anyone concluded that they no longer liked the LCD-3 enough to keep it?
I’ve come close a few times, but only because I needed money to buy something “new”. Luckily each time I realised just why I bought the LCD-3 - it was (and in many ways still is) my ‘aspirational’ TOTL headphone, and every time I put it on and the music begins to flow I get that knowing smile on my face. I don’t think I’ll ever sell it, and if it breaks, I’ll fix it until the day it can no longer be fixed. I hope that day never comes.

Jun 29, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #5,097 of 6,385
Hey good people of head fi. How the bass of lcd3 compares to shure se846? I love this iems buts its an iem not headphones. The bass in shure are subwoofer like... How is it in the lcd3s?

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #5,098 of 6,385
I have owned mine since 2013, sent it in for the fazor upgrade in 2014, finally had a driver go out a few months ago and had them replaced. Everybody is different but I find them to have a musicality that only very few high end audio products have. And I have never tired of them.

Jun 29, 2018 at 5:48 PM Post #5,099 of 6,385
I have owned mine since 2013, sent it in for the fazor upgrade in 2014, finally had a driver go out a few months ago and had them replaced. Everybody is different but I find them to have a musicality that only very few high end audio products have. And I have never tired of them.

That's good to know that you never tire of the LCD-3f. I'm thinking of replacing my LCD-2f with the 3f. I have also just ordered a DNA Stratus which I read is very good with the LCDs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back