Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread
May 22, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #4,998 of 6,385
So if you have a big head. Go carbon?

Not necessarily. I have a pretty big head (7 1/2 - 7 5/8 size cap) and the carbon still feels a little loose. Not like it’s going to come off at all, but the metal band just felt secure. Enough that if I was going to throw my head around a little it wouldn’t come off. I wouldn’t be doing air guitar with the carbon fibre for instance.

Last edited:
May 22, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #4,999 of 6,385
I got a bigass head myself, and I just prefer a tight clamp. Like, even if it's a little much. I really heavily prefer the feeling that the headphones are gonna stay in one place no matter what over worrying they'll get jostled off.

May 23, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #5,003 of 6,385
TBH I disagree with his reasoning. He seemed to be saying that even though he enjoys the LCD-3 more than others, he "recognizes" that those headphones are better from an objective standpoint. Having listened to what he replaced the LCD-3 with, I still think the LCD-3 is more enjoyable.

May 23, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #5,004 of 6,385
TBH I disagree with his reasoning. He seemed to be saying that even though he enjoys the LCD-3 more than others, he "recognizes" that those headphones are better from an objective standpoint. Having listened to what he replaced the LCD-3 with, I still think the LCD-3 is more enjoyable.
Yes I thought his response was interesting

May 24, 2018 at 1:07 PM Post #5,005 of 6,385
I can tell you the LCD 3 are still on my Wall of Fame, and that's what matters to me, and I don't worry if they were removed from his.
But then, I also don't get companies and people sending me headphones and such to test and review every day like he did, (but if someone wants to send me the new headband for my pair, I won't deny them the joy of doing so, lol.)

May 24, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #5,006 of 6,385
I can tell you the LCD 3 are still on my Wall of Fame, and that's what matters to me, and I don't worry if they were removed from his.
But then, I also don't get companies and people sending me headphones and such to test and review every day like he did, (but if someone wants to send me the new headband for my pair, I won't deny them the joy of doing so, lol.)
What have you compared the lcd 3 against?

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 5:10 AM Post #5,008 of 6,385
Not necessarily. I have a pretty big head (7 1/2 - 7 5/8 size cap) and the carbon still feels a little loose. Not like it’s going to come off at all, but the metal band just felt secure. Enough that if I was going to throw my head around a little it wouldn’t come off. I wouldn’t be doing air guitar with the carbon fibre for instance.
Thanks for the info.

I quickly inadvertently tried the two headbands the other day when i put the lcd4 and the lcd2c on my head briefly. I haven’t looked into the weight of the two but the steel suspension did feel tighter/snugger and the carbon fibre resulted in the lcd4 feeling lighter due to a less tighter/snug fit.

Have you found the carbon fibre’s looser grip results in less weight being felt?

If i restrict my air guitar would the carbon fibre perhaps work nicer?

Is there much difference in the leathers/material used that sits on the head?

Cheers
Peter

May 27, 2018 at 6:45 AM Post #5,009 of 6,385
Thanks for the info.

I quickly inadvertently tried the two headbands the other day when i put the lcd4 and the lcd2c on my head briefly. I haven’t looked into the weight of the two but the steel suspension did feel tighter/snugger and the carbon fibre resulted in the lcd4 feeling lighter due to a less tighter/snug fit.

Have you found the carbon fibre’s looser grip results in less weight being felt?

If i restrict my air guitar would the carbon fibre perhaps work nicer?

Is there much difference in the leathers/material used that sits on the head?

Cheers
Peter

I’ve only tried the steel suspension on an LCD2c instore, have ordered it for my LCD3 though. Should have it late next week.

Currently have the carbon fibre, and it’s definitely nice, good upgrade over the original, just a tad loose for my liking.

I’ll report back in more detail once I have them to compare directly.

My guess is though that they’d distribute the weight pretty much equally, obviously the steel is going to be slightly heavier, but the main weight is in the cans and the suspension system is basically the same. Although the steel has the advantage of probably being cooler because it has the holes in the leather. But I guess the tighter fit could give the impression of more weight.

Last edited:
May 28, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #5,010 of 6,385

Sorry to see you are giving up on the LCD-3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back