Audeze LCD-3 and $1K amp or Audeze LCD-2 and $2K, where is the sweet spot?
Aug 1, 2012 at 2:51 PM Post #136 of 210
My silly comment was directed at Fang.  No one should need monster speaker amps for a headphone.  That's just a design gone terribly wrong.  Does Fang even include the speaker taps by default?

No, I just made a pigtail, took 20 minutes (and I suck at that stuff). You can also buy them from Moon and other online stores.

I don't think it needs a monster amp, you just need to think of them more like speakers. I think they sound wonderful out of my 65w/ch vintage IA.

Aug 1, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #137 of 210
Quote:
Does Fang even include the speaker taps by default?

He does if you take wire strippers to the SE adapter
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I think they sound wonderful out of my 65w/ch vintage IA.

Ditto with my 45wpc RA150!

Aug 1, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #139 of 210
Quote:

I typically value your posts, but this post is incredibly rude and disrespectful.  The man's entitled to his opinion, even if his opinion doesn't coincide with yours or mine.

I beg the differ sir.  I didn't use any disrespectful or rude words.  I was under the impression that I was being called silly.  I know now I wasn't and I apologized.

Moving on...

Aug 1, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #140 of 210
So how did this LCD2/3 amp thread come down to a flame war for some other headphones?
beyersmile.png

I have heard good things about the HE6 too but after getting the SR009 and LCD3 I don't think I would get it - would like to try it on my McIntosh amp (600W per channel) though, especially now that I have installed vintage Gold Lion B759 12AX7s on my preamp (McIntosh C2300).  

Aug 2, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #142 of 210
Quote:
Innerfidelity (Tyll) ran a comparison using an Apex Pinnacle and came to just such a conclusion. 

Pinnacle while a great amp does not have the power to do justice to the HE6's so the comparison, like many HE6 comparisons, are useless.
Not certain I am reading the specs correctly so I could be wrong but it seems the Pinnacle has ~1.7wpc into ~50 ohms.

Put the HE6 and the HE500 on one of the HIGH power headphone amps and then make the comparison.

Aug 3, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #143 of 210
In almost every instance, no one agrees that a headphone amp can do to the HE-6 what a speaker amp does. Not 1-2 watt @ 50 ohms but something a bit more robust. It's the mid fi and above amps that really show promise. Many have accepted their headphone amps for financial reasoning and have not shared what others have who have the resources or amps to try. The LCD does not need that kind of power.

But then this is not a HE thread and I injected them into this as a bit of an alternative for a sweet spot based on budget. :xf_eek:

Aug 3, 2012 at 1:18 PM Post #146 of 210
Aug 3, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #147 of 210
Aug 5, 2012 at 4:59 AM Post #149 of 210
With the current exchange rate between the Euro and our Pacific Peso, that Talisman stack is a whole lot more affordable than it has ever been. The killer would be freight and Customs Duty. 

[size=1.6em] [td] 1,600.00 EUR[/td] [td] =[/td] [td] 1,875.27 AUD

[/td]
[/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back