Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Sep 30, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #3,691 of 7,335
I've been been wanting to recreate the Reveal EQ for these cans but my search so far can only find the settings for the fazored version

Oct 2, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #3,693 of 7,335
Anyone can recommend balanced cables in UK/EU around £100-150 which performs better than the stock balanced cables?

I had cables from "Oidio" for err...What did I buy cables for again? Well doesn't mater, they use pretty decent wires, so if you customize it the price point may or may not be a hit or miss. Currently on a budget, I'm using some kind of microphone cable that I found on ebay, it's REALLY cheap, but that is exactly what you get, can't complain with it, but then again I haven't exactly searched for any problems.

Oct 2, 2018 at 1:08 PM Post #3,694 of 7,335
I just received these headphones...

Coming from an old pair of LCD-2 Rev.2 headphones this Classic revision is miles ahead in comfort, although I do understand what some people say in terms of the new band sitting at a point on the top of the head.
In terms of sound everything sounds wonderfully clean, low distortion, the bass digs insanely deep and has great texture, the highs have detail without being overbearing (unless you turn it up) and it sounds very vertical to me.

A few things that I dislike: cymbals are sometimes almost non-existent, the sound-stage is pretty narrow for an open-headphone and I keep getting the feeling that I'm waiting to be wowed by the music but it hasn't happened yet.
Oh, and this headphone is way over-priced!

I have to add again that the comfort was knocked out of the park by Audeze. These are actually comfortable!

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #3,696 of 7,335
I just received these headphones...

Coming from an old pair of LCD-2 Rev.2 headphones this Classic revision is miles ahead in comfort, although I do understand what some people say in terms of the new band sitting at a point on the top of the head.
In terms of sound everything sounds wonderfully clean, low distortion, the bass digs insanely deep and has great texture, the highs have detail without being overbearing (unless you turn it up) and it sounds very vertical to me.

A few things that I dislike: cymbals are sometimes almost non-existent, the sound-stage is pretty narrow for an open-headphone and I keep getting the feeling that I'm waiting to be wowed by the music but it hasn't happened yet.
Oh, and this headphone is way over-priced!

I have to add again that the comfort was knocked out of the park by Audeze. These are actually comfortable!
I appreciate and respect your comments/ opinions, but overpriced? I believe they’re very reasonable. I second the above comment. How much do you think these should retail for..... out of curiosity.

Oct 2, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #3,699 of 7,335
I wonder what you think about the LCD-4 or Utopia then. Or even just the HD820.

I actually heard the HD 820 this weekend! Not surprisingly, I don't find them worth their MSRP.

I also tried the HE-1, which was an incredible experience. But, once again, not worth the MSRP.

I'm also not finding the LCD-2C to be that much of a dark headphone in of itself the more I listen to it.

Oct 2, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #3,700 of 7,335
I just purchased the Dekoni Elite Velour pads, and I heard that it gets rid of the shouty nature in the upper mid-range.
I'll get back to you guys with impressions.

Oct 2, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #3,701 of 7,335
I actually heard the HD 820 this weekend! Not surprisingly, I don't find them worth their MSRP.

I also tried the HE-1, which was an incredible experience. But, once again, not worth the MSRP.

I'm also not finding the LCD-2C to be that much of a dark headphone in of itself the more I listen to it.
Please hit “click to expand”
Now THAT I agree with you on.
When it comes to headphone worth, it’s all in the wallets of the beholder. If someone thinks it’s worth it? It’s worth it. It’ll never ever stop as people just gotta have a $3000 headphone no matter how it sounds. What’s the old sayin? “Is it heavy?.... then it’s expensive”
Gotta buy it then.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2018 at 9:36 PM Post #3,704 of 7,335
Sounds great on LCD-X as well. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back