1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248
250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259
Next

Last
  1. endlesswaves
    LCD2C is very special to me. My 1st full size headphone. Just like my 1st love it will always have a special place in my heart. Henceforth, please take my comment with a grain of salt as I am biased towards LCD2C :beyersmile:

omniweltall likes this.
  2. betula
    That's a pretty good start as your 1st full size headphone. :) If you like this sound signature it won't be easy to find better. I owned many headphones before the 2C even 3-4 more expensive ones. (Focal Clear the most expensive.) If you like a darker and warmer sound but you don't want to give up too much clarity and your music needs well-extended and good textured bass then it is hard to beat the 2C in any price range. For this purpose IMO the 2C has the best price/performance ratio.

endlesswaves likes this.
  3. betula
    A powerful and clean amplification matched with the LCD2C brings out the best of a recording like this. (Listening in 24/96.)

4. betula
    I know, headphone threads are not music sharing threads, but still you can find gems.
    I know this is not for everyone but it is definitely for me. :) Maybe for someone else too.

Ronsanut likes this.
  5. Sound Eq
    @Audeze I own the lcd2 c, and few months back I bought the new LCD X pads which I assume is real leather.

Would it be a downgrade in sound if I install the LCDX pads on the LCD2C as I feel the quality of the LCDX pads I bought and never used is amazing
    But I want to make sure if that will cause a downgrade in sound or not

Also is it easy to remove the old pads form Lcd2c and install the LCD x pads instead

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  6. Audeze
    No. They should sound similar. Please contact support@audeze and we will be able to send you instructions on earpad replacements

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
  7. BubbaJay
    Having the 2C as your first full-size hp is awesome. I know what you mean about them having a special place in your heart because they're your first pair. The HD600 was my first full-size quality hp and I really regret selling them and I'm probably going to buy a pair in the near future, maybe a pair of HD650s or HD6XX because they are a bit more refined than the HD600.

endlesswaves likes this.
  8. betula
    HD600 was my first full size headphone too. :) I might rebuy them as well. I remember I couldn't handle that bass roll off but loved the mids. Perfect for mid-centric music.

I have just come across this review which says the LCD2 is 'aggressively pleasant'. I kind of like this expression. Sums up the big and authoritative sound of the 2C which is smooth and rounded at the same time.

9. betula
    I am aware that I have been posting a lot in this thread and I also don't want to turn this thread into a music recommendation source. I know we all prefer different kind of music. But listen to this with your 2C. :)

Ronsanut and loungecat like this.
  10. chimney189
    Some further impressions: this headphone sounds big, engulfing me in the music. Vocals are beautiful and nuanced. The LCD-2C renders Jazz music in great smoothness and pizzazz. The laid-back nature of it's overall sound is endearing.

I can't wait to see how the Dekoni Elite Velour pads work with this headphone.

11. chimney189
    So I just received the new pads and here are some impressions: the weight is now more centered on the cups rather than the top of the head, the sound-stage width is definitely wider, there are nearly no more peaks in the treble, there is more separation between instruments and in general the headphone now actually deserves the label of a 'dark' headphone.

I'd be interested to know if anyone else who has tried these pads has similar findings.

endlesswaves likes this.
  12. Ronsanut
    Listening to this on LCD-X. Excellent ! Thanks for sharing!

betula likes this.
  13. Frihed89
    The LCD-X is a whole different kettle of fish than the two LCD-2 models and the LCD-3. It's far more analytical.

14. Slim1970
    Agreed, I use to own the LCD-X's, LCD-XC's, LCD-3's and LCD-4's and sold them all. Now I have the LCD-2 closed backs and it's less analytical and far more musical than the LCD-X's even though it's closed. I choose the closed version of the LCD-2's only because I have enough open back headphones in my collection.

15. chimney189
    Have you been able to compare the LCD-2 Classics with the closed version?

First

Back
239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248
250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259
Next

Last