Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2018 at 5:10 AM Post #2,581 of 7,334
I agree with you about the aeon. I read that you had ethers.. I am expecting the closed one. How does compare to lcd2c and clear?
I had the original open Ether, but it's been too long to reliably compare, sorry :frowning2:

Mar 31, 2018 at 10:49 AM Post #2,586 of 7,334
just thinking about a pair of these to pair with my dx200, do they pair well and does anyone use them for daily commutes??

Mar 31, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #2,589 of 7,334
I have an audio-gd he-8 along with a LCD2rev2 and those are made for love. The dark side of the LCD with the extreme precision of the he-8 makes it very detailed without being harsh or fatiguing. Then the power and dynamic of the he-8 completely open the sound. Finally the he-8 has a absolutely killer bass that particularly reveal the LCD great strength: Lows. More than once I had my eyes full of tears listening to those basses.

Apr 1, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #2,590 of 7,334
Just got a pair of LCD2C a couple of days ago and have a question about the headband. I thought the idea of a suspension style headband was to "suspend" the the headphones from the leather strap. The leather strap on mine (bought brand new in the box) is too long and allows the metal bands to touch my head causing pain after a while. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Apr 1, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #2,592 of 7,334
I am just wondering if this is been discussed before/confirmed by Audeze. It would effectively mean that you could not leave any planar magnetic headphones playing when they are not on your head. I know that there are many people that burn-in their headphones by playing music through them overnight. Are you saying that all these people are potentially damaging their drivers? If this were the case, I would hope that Audeze would have included some kind of warning about it publicly.

I am unsure if Audeze have posted on that. But the planers sat on your head are in a partial compression environment. If you then take them off and continue playing mdic at the same level, they could potentially over extend as no resistance whatsoever. It has been posted by Audeze that putting previous LCD4s on before they changed the seal gasket, may have led / added to driver failures. It's a bit like having a scooter, and opening the throttle, then disengaging the clutch, it starts to rev up.

I ran my HPs overnight for a few days but set the level at 35% normal volume just to be sure. That would be my advice.

Is the damage inflicted to the diaphragm by the pressure changes gradual and incremental or is it a sudden, catastrophic failure? I'm asking because I take my planar headphones off like regular headphones, shift them about my ears to get them comfy, take them off just as I would a dynamic headphone, and leave them on my desk playing music when I have to go do something and come back. Also, is this something that's only a concern when it's playing music?

Apr 1, 2018 at 10:09 PM Post #2,593 of 7,334
Is the damage inflicted to the diaphragm by the pressure changes gradual and incremental or is it a sudden, catastrophic failure? I'm asking because I take my planar headphones off like regular headphones, shift them about my ears to get them comfy, take them off just as I would a dynamic headphone, and leave them on my desk playing music when I have to go do something and come back. Also, is this something that's only a concern when it's playing music?
More of a gradual thing, but they've improved quite a bit over the years. It was more due to getting too good of a seal rather than passively letting them play.

Apr 2, 2018 at 3:01 AM Post #2,594 of 7,334

I would recommend you kill then volume or pause the music if you take them off. That is what I do. Think of it as letting the clutch out, you need to back of the gas...... or it will over rev. No harm in being careful.

My Stax 009s used to crinkle if I tried to get a better seal (pushing in on the cups). And my 007s used to do the Stax Fart! Was never happy about that - for material reasons, no the fart noise Ha Ha.

Apr 2, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #2,595 of 7,334
Read a couple of good feedback regarding combination of LCD2C with massdrop's CTH. Hoping to read more good reviews regarding this combo before pulling my trigger n ordering them both :D Or should I go for Audio-gd R2R11 instead? (or any other suggestions with similar price point that have good synergy with LCD2C?)

This will be my first planar Headphones. My past headphones have been HD650 (one of my absolute fav, best mids imo, really like the rolled off but pleasant highs, but alas they simply lack the bass quantity and quality. bought and sold about 5 times in the past decade or so :p ), HD800 (too bright n not forgiving enough for most modern songs), Beyer T1 (treble cannon), Focal Elear (love everything about them when played through Sonarworks True-Fi app except for the unfixable wonky mids, not so comfortable and a driver failure which resulted in a couple of months away for warranty service), Fostex TH-X00 mahagony (LOVE the bass, but mids too recessed for me and the treble too hot).

Hopefully im going towards the right direction with the imminent purchase of LCD2C. Hoping for a good pair of headphones with good bass response, good mids and non sibilant highs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back