Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Apr 5, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #2,612 of 7,334
i liked the sound, but i like the 2C better. price is $2000 and very uncomfortable. i dont feel like repeating myself anymore so please just move on now.
They're routinely on sale for half that & I don't mind the heaviness, but if you didn't want me to ask for more in-depth answers you could've just let the guy I quoted answer...

Apr 5, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #2,613 of 7,334
Doubt buy lcd-3,. The neck pain that it brings due to weight is excruciating. Headband also uncomfortable.

I have both 2C and Lcd-3f 2016. I find the 2c the more energetic of the two and a fun listen.
The LCD-3f is more laid back, relaxed, refined and the better headphone for “long term” listening .
I can understand people preferring the 2c for its fun, immediately engaging sound but overall for long term listening, I still prefer Lcd-3.
Having said that, if my Amp wasn’t very powerful, I’d take the 2c over the 3F.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #2,614 of 7,334
I have both 2C and Lcd-3f 2016. I find the 2c the more energetic of the two and a fun listen.
The LCD-3f is more laid back, relaxed, refined and the better headphone for “long term” listening .
I can understand people preferring the 2c for its fun, immediately engaging sound but overall for long term listening, I still prefer Lcd-3.
Having said that, if my Amp wasn’t very powerful, I’d take the 2c over the 3F.
Long term is the thing. I'll be skipping around my catalog & 90% of the time they'll sound great but every now & then I'll run into a song that puts some of the harshness at the forefront. I'll skip past that track hoping I'll forget about it & I eventually do...until it happens again. I love my 2Cs but they're not perfect.

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #2,615 of 7,334
They're routinely on sale for half that & I don't mind the heaviness, but if you didn't want me to ask for more in-depth answers you could've just let the guy I quoted answer...

LCD-3 for a grand? Bro, post a link...

Apr 5, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #2,616 of 7,334
Apr 5, 2018 at 10:29 PM Post #2,617 of 7,334
LCD-3 for a grand? Bro, post a link...
Every now & then they pop up on USAudioMart. Here's the most recent couple:

FOR SALE: Audeze LCD-3 with Hard Travel Case
Asking Price:
USD $999.00

FOR SALE: Audeze LCD-3F with two customized and one balanced cable
Asking Price:
USD $1099.00

Second one's a hundred over but that's the cables bumping it up. Around new years I remember at least 3 more posts that were sold out by the end of the day too. I'm pretty sure I've seen some on sale for a grand on this board as well.

Apr 6, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #2,618 of 7,334
I've noticed that when I put mine on, the left driver clicks audibly. It didn't made that sound before, sounds like the diagraph is stretched out or something. Is it my fault (even though I've only listened them at moderate volumes and stored them in their original box all the time) or should I contact Audeze and maybe send them back to California to swap those drivers out?

Am I the only one in this thread with such a problem? Did I really break them without even noticing?

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #2,619 of 7,334
I've noticed that when I put mine on, the left driver clicks audibly. It didn't made that sound before, sounds like the diagraph is stretched out or something. Is it my fault (even though I've only listened them at moderate volumes and stored them in their original box all the time) or should I contact Audeze and maybe send them back to California to swap those drivers out?

Am I the only one in this thread with such a problem? Did I really break them without even noticing?
YOu need to be careful when putting them on and do so slowly and not press on them. When they are on the ears it forms a seal and the seal can cause the diaphragm to crinkle.

Apr 6, 2018 at 1:17 AM Post #2,620 of 7,334
Every now & then they pop up on USAudioMart. Here's the most recent couple:

FOR SALE: Audeze LCD-3 with Hard Travel Case
Asking Price:
USD $999.00

FOR SALE: Audeze LCD-3F with two customized and one balanced cable
Asking Price:
USD $1099.00

Second one's a hundred over but that's the cables bumping it up. Around new years I remember at least 3 more posts that were sold out by the end of the day too. I'm pretty sure I've seen some on sale for a grand on this board as well.

LCD3 boasts a high driver failure rate. I suspect warranty on those on sales will almost expire very soon or already expired. Without enough warranty left, I don't think buying those used pairs even around $1000 is a wise decision.
Remember that lcd3 owners tend to let them out when warranty on their units are close to expire. When you buy a used pair, you should be very careful.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #2,621 of 7,334
LCD3 boasts a high driver failure rate. I suspect warranty on those on sales will almost expire very soon or already expired. Without enough warranty left, I don't think buying those used pairs even around $1000 is a wise decision.
Remember that lcd3 owners tend to let them out when warranty on their units are close to expire. When you buy a used pair, you should be very careful.

Nothing to worry about since they starting using revised drivers in 2016. Failure rate is almost non-existent.

Apr 6, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #2,622 of 7,334
Hi newbie here. Just want to ask if anyone tried 2c out of creative katana before. Been using this combo and they ok to me much better than out of my sony wm1a single ended.
Ordered Massdrop Sdac + cavalli carbon x but will only start shipping in may. Saw an used Sony TA-ZH1ES DAC/AMP on sale today at half price. Would this Sony DAC/AMP be a better match for LCD2c ?

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance .

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #2,623 of 7,334
I have at home borrowed LCD2C. Headband is very nice, pads much bigger and memory, overall design very nice. When it comes sound it has the same problem as LCD2 original, it means for me it is too much warm reason why I sold original, I would have to always pair it with something colder system. Long long time I heard LCDX but I would prefer them becouse it has better balance characteristic for me.

Here my original one of the first version. I had them 2 years a few years back. Loved the wood of my pair, and shalower pad was very good too. Sounded very nice via colder system.
149uope.jpg
29g0rw9.jpg
29g1wtc.jpg

Apr 6, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,624 of 7,334
I didn't find the 2C all that warm, and this maybe attributed to the solid state amps I've used. Cavalli Tube Hybrid is even a bit on the cooler side interestingly for a tube hybrid compared to a solid state amp I generally use.

I found that the lower mids arn't all that weighty to be considered all that warm.

I don't know if it's attributed to the extended pads(the "room," there a lot of room inside of the pads), but I find the mids tunneling sounding.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 1:38 AM Post #2,625 of 7,334
I didn't find the 2C all that warm, and this maybe attributed to the solid state amps I've used. Cavalli Tube Hybrid is even a bit on the cooler side interestingly for a tube hybrid compared to a solid state amp I generally use.

I found that the lower mids arn't all that weighty to be considered all that warm.

I don't know if it's attributed to the extended pads(the "room," there a lot of room inside of the pads), but I find the mids tunneling sounding.
Agree with SilverEars. Tried it in a meet recently. I didn't find it all that warm, to my surprise. Slightly thick? Quite clear with good treble. Bass is where it shines. I already miss the bass.

Another shocking thing for me was the comfort. Is this an Audeze?? This has got to be the most comfortable Audeze can ever.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back