Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Apr 7, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #2,626 of 7,334
Agree with SilverEars. Tried it in a meet recently. I didn't find it all that warm, to my surprise. Slightly thick? Quite clear with good treble. Bass is where it shines. I already miss the bass.

Another shocking thing for me was the comfort. Is this an Audeze?? This has got to be the most comfortable Audeze can ever.
I have a hard time describing the bass. It's not hard feeling bass, but still impactful and felt in quantity? It doesn't feel hard or really solid as certain headphone bass can sound.

The headphone in terms of build, pads, and fit feels solid(seems like they've refined that department). They must have lightened the weight a bit since the older models as this one doesn't feel so heavy like I recall of the original LCD-2 pre-fazor.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 1:49 AM Post #2,627 of 7,334
Maybe Brooklyn DAC is only quality dac and preamp I like it with speaker, and maybe not good heaphone output becouse I liked with it in past only LCDX and Clear (not ideal with it but still very good).
And will have borrow HEXv2 next week so I am curious Edition Xv2 should be easy drive as LCDX.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 11:04 AM Post #2,628 of 7,334
Agree with SilverEars. Tried it in a meet recently. I didn't find it all that warm, to my surprise. Slightly thick? Quite clear with good treble. Bass is where it shines. I already miss the bass.

Another shocking thing for me was the comfort. Is this an Audeze?? This has got to be the most comfortable Audeze can ever.

The attraction of its bass for me is that they possess most of that Audeze bass weight and fullness while adding in some Hifiman bass palpability. That is what’s special and unique about their bass foundation to me. Not necessarily the deepest bass, but very engaging. I say this as an owner of the lcd2f, lcd-3f, lcd XC and lcd-4.

Apr 7, 2018 at 11:23 AM Post #2,629 of 7,334
I recall from back in the days right before the fazor LCD2 would come out, I was expecting it to be a miracle of a headphone, due to the pricepoint as what I was listening to then was the HD650, and boy was I wrong. It was much more expensive and hoped I wouldn't find significan't flaws, and flaws pop out more(since it was much more expensive), and I really want to nitpick a pricy headphone(which it's justified that I should be harsher if manufacturers prices it significantly high).

In comparison to todays LCD2C, the original sounded definately warm, and thus warmer than the 2C, and was bassy or bassier. Upper mids was still recessed, but also sounded shallow and headphone warmer, in which the combination definately reduced upper mids presence and articulation(which was my biggest gripe, and really upset me of it's hype and price). I recall bass being strong from those models, and compressed imaging in terms of width, but 2C doesn't really have those aspects. So, Sound clarity and the imaging improved, but the Audeze upper mids is still there(I hear it consistantly on their headphones, the weird upper mids transitions).

This headphone probably works for those highly sensitive to upper-mids.

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2018 at 12:18 PM Post #2,631 of 7,334
The attraction of its bass for me is that they possess most of that Audeze bass weight and fullness while adding in some Hifiman bass palpability. That is what’s special and unique about their bass foundation to me. Not necessarily the deepest bass, but very engaging. I say this as an owner of the lcd2f, lcd-3f, lcd XC and lcd-4.
Yes, you are the LCD collector :)

Apr 8, 2018 at 12:04 AM Post #2,634 of 7,334
Does the lcd2c get a lot of your time with all your cans around?

Im ordering one. I miss it.

They get just as much head time as the rest, maybe slightly more so. While technically they may not be as good as the others, I find myself reaching for them
quite often. They are fun to listen to and non fatiguing with my setup. (Wells Audio amp and Cambridge 851N streamer/Dac.)

Apr 9, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #2,638 of 7,334
I had the Q cable way back in the day for my LCD2.2s and that was nice. The Draug 3 is the only cable I've had that has made the most significant, noticeable improvement over stock.

Norne sells the Draug 3 in Silver, you just have to email Trevor about it.

Apr 9, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #2,640 of 7,334
So I splurged a bit on a new iFi Micro iDSD Black Label, which arrived this weekend — and then this morning checking the Audeze Deckard stock found one from Audeze being sold Refurbished and then snagged that since it was essentially half the price as when new. That will arrive later this week. Sheesh.

The iFi sounds great with these headphones. It seems more detailed than when using the Magni 3, and the little sucker as powerful as hell. Listening on Eco Mode I can only turn the volume to 11 o’clock before it getting too loud. When I switch it to Normal, I can’t get past 9 o’clock.

Interested to see how it compares to the DAC/Amp of the Deckard. It seems like the Amp is considered the better half of the Deckard, and the DAC the better in the iFi Micro. Maybe I’ll combine the two while at the computer, but the Micro is great to take around the apartment and travel with I imagine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back