Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Apr 2, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #2,596 of 7,334
Read a couple of good feedback regarding combination of LCD2C with massdrop's CTH. Hoping to read more good reviews regarding this combo before pulling my trigger n ordering them both :D Or should I go for Audio-gd R2R11 instead? (or any other suggestions with similar price point that have good synergy with LCD2C?)

This will be my first planar Headphones. My past headphones have been HD650 (one of my absolute fav, best mids imo, really like the rolled off but pleasant highs, but alas they simply lack the bass quantity and quality. bought and sold about 5 times in the past decade or so :p ), HD800 (too bright n not forgiving enough for most modern songs), Beyer T1 (treble cannon), Focal Elear (love everything about them when played through Sonarworks True-Fi app except for the unfixable wonky mids, not so comfortable and a driver failure which resulted in a couple of months away for warranty service), Fostex TH-X00 mahagony (LOVE the bass, but mids too recessed for me and the treble too hot).

Hopefully im going towards the right direction with the imminent purchase of LCD2C. Hoping for a good pair of headphones with good bass response, good mids and non sibilant highs
Good choice if you decide to purchase the LCD2C's. I love the Audeze sound. You should also consider the Beyerdynamic DT1990's. The DT1990 are very good all arounders that fit the sound signature you are looking for especially with the balanced pads. The Denon D7200's are another headphone you should consider. The D7200's are another very good balanced headphone with just enough treble extension to not be sibilant. But of course let your ears be the deciding factor in whatever you decide to purchase.

Apr 2, 2018 at 10:15 PM Post #2,598 of 7,334
Hi everyone,
I just heard back from Audeze tech support on two points that I though may be of interest to everyone so I want to share the info I got:

1. They said that they have not heard of any issues with people burning in their headphones overnight while not wearing them. They said that they burn in all their drivers overnight this way.

2. I asked them whether it is possible to adjust the tension on the yokes to make the height adjustment smoother. Their response was that the mini screw is not meant to be adjusted as it is held in place with Loctite. Presumably this means that it will stay tight for a long time as most people have complained that the resistance on the yokes is very strong and takes a bit of force to adjust them.

Hope this helps.

Apr 3, 2018 at 12:08 PM Post #2,599 of 7,334
A little impression about this baby after few days of use:
Definitely the most comfortable audeze to use ever (way way better than LCD X I had before). Also better than LCD4 with its carbon headband. Tried it for 3-4 hours straight without any problems. My Aeon Open and Elear are a bit more comfortable, but nothing to complain about LCD 2 comfort level.

Tone and character really remind me of original LCD 2 (which is awesome!), but with improvement in many aspects (most part is midcenter focus, treble quality, and soundstage imaging). I thought that by removing fazor, old planar problem will remain, but it turns out Audeze has their own magic move to still improve the sound without fazor.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #2,600 of 7,334
Damnit, I've have the headband 1 notch too big this entire time. I thought it felt okay, but not super incredibly comfortable like I've seen so many others say. I figured I would try making it a bit smaller and wow, instantly improved even further.

Apr 4, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #2,602 of 7,334
Anyone use the LCD-2C for gaming? how are they?
I am playing COD WW2 on them. They are amazing. Better soundstage than the HD600, which are not famous for their soundstage anyway. Positioning is very good surprisingly, and the bass slam and rumble are great. Keep in mind that the soundstage also depends on the DAC/AMP you are using.

Apr 4, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #2,603 of 7,334
Damnit, I've have the headband 1 notch too big this entire time. I thought it felt okay, but not super incredibly comfortable like I've seen so many others say. I figured I would try making it a bit smaller and wow, instantly improved even further.
The same thing happened to me! I thought that having them slightly looser would be more comfortable, but what happened is the top of the cups were putting pressure on top of my earlobes. The headband was putting more pressure in the very middle of my head. When I made them one notch smaller on both sides, the amount of pressure on top of my head evened out across the top of my head and the cups became better centered on my ears and they were not resting on top of my ears anymore. It is not an exact science, but I had to go back and forth a few times before I figured out that one notch smaller was more comfortable in the long run.

Apr 5, 2018 at 9:24 PM Post #2,608 of 7,334
Doubt buy lcd-3,. The neck pain that it brings due to weight is excruciating. Headband also uncomfortable.
YOu can change the headband and with stock headbands there is only 80g difference. Change headband and it will reduce it quite a bit.

Apr 5, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #2,609 of 7,334
YOu can change the headband and with stock headbands there is only 80g difference. Change headband and it will reduce it quite a bit.

every half a gram counts. lcd-3 is just too jmuch at least for me. maybe someone with stronger neck will have an easier time. cd-3 is a very bad buy on grounds of sound, comfort and price. my worst buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back