1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181
Next

Last
  1. TomSim
    You are right, 2.5mm balanced cable for my Astell & Kern

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  2. TomSim
    Thank you for your info

3. marcan
    Same here.
    Keep saying "With 110mVrms needed to achieve 90dB". But you will never achieve 90dB with 110mVrms at 32hz,. You will need much more than that. Probably around 1000--2000mVms for 90dB which is not that loud. So if you want a confortable level which is more around 100dB with peaks at 106dB, a very generous amp is required if you want to get full range and the dynamic the LCD can offer.
    This is consistent with the experience I had with several Audeze including the LCD2C.

4. greenkiwi
    When will they make these headbands available on the accessories store???

5. Slim1970
    +1 I really wanted one of these headband's but I ended up getting the carbon fiber one for my LCD-XC's

greenkiwi likes this.
  6. FrostyP
    Well I finally got one and I'm currently running through a Mojo, really like it so far.

Take my impressions with a grain of salt since I only just got them and I don't have trained ears or higher end equipment to power them at the moment. If I compare the LCD2C to the iSine 20 with the cipher cable the 20/Cipher has more detail but is also more fatiguing. The LCD2c is a really relaxing listen and allows me to listen to music that was just way too bright on the 20/cipher combo. Yeah they're somewhat veiled but just enough that I can still hear nice treble without my sensitivity to treble making me want to pull off my headphones. If I had to pick a headphone closest in sound to the LCD2C it's the HD650, if someone was looking for a planar equivalent this is it IMO and I'm sure it will scale with better gear just like the 650 does.

If I had one complaint it would be that the headband creates a hot spot on top of my head but that may just be a sign I'm in need of a haircut :p

Edit: I actually kinda think it sounds better out of the KANN than the mojo, now to either find a 2.5mm cable or a 4pin to 2.5mm trrs converter so I can try the balanced headphone out

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    Shetzu likes this.
  7. lugnut
    Has anyone used the LCD-2C with the Cavalli CTH ? If so does it have enough power, what does the combo sound like ? Thanks

8. Shetzu
    So far whatever little I got to hear after ordering my Cavalli CTH with the LCD2C it sounds superb and the Amp has great power to drive both my Hd800 and the LCD2C. As I am travelling I would not be able to comment much in detail but once I get back will surely provide further inputs.

9. Shetzu
    I agree with you for the listening of the LCD2c with the mojo. I ran it through the mojo and then through Burson as well as Cavalli CTH and with both combination it sounds just superb and fantastic.
    Have not tried my Kann yet but would soon and check out the difference. I too am looking for a 2.5mm cable for the LCD2c. If you come across let me know. Cheers

FrostyP likes this.
  10. nicknack40
    Has anybody changed the stock cable that came with there Classics im gonna be using Magni 3 for my Classics when they come i like the look of there cable but think it might not be long enough what have people changed to im in the UK so really the question is to people in the uk so i can go on site and order a cable if i want to change

11. Hifi59
    I started listening to my 2c out of the box with several inexpensive and expensive ($75-$400) . I decided after sever days of listening to try the stock cable.
    Sound collapsed in comparison especially bass and midrange. All of my aftermarket cables sound better to me.

12. nicknack40
    What cable did you change to looking to spend around £100 to £200 uk money and where would be best place to go for them really. thanks for reply

13. iPaintCode
    The only cables I would invest in are Q Cables (French Silk), not remotely for the sound but for the super high-quality build.

I've never been a cable changes the sound believer, I've always chalked it up as psychoacoustics.

14. iPaintCode
    Mr Speakers posted in the Aeon Flow Close thread about a cable maker in the UK I believe, might want to check that thread out and see who the vendor is.

15. nicknack40
    Is there a link to the post please sorry don't want to sound lazy but don't fancy going through hunreds of posts to find it lolol and thanks

First

Back
161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170
172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181
Next

Last