Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Mar 26, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #2,553 of 7,334
People keep quoting this, but I'm telling you from direct first-hand experience that there's a difference between "driven to listenable levels" and "driven to 100% of its dynamic potential". They can absolutely be driven and enjoyed with a lower powered source, but there absolutely will be dynamic potential left on the table.

As I sit and test them between a mobile source, the Asgard 2, and the A100, their dynamic ability scales with the power available. There's a reason Audeze specs the LCD-2C as requiring >100mw but they recommend 1-4w in the manual.
Same here.
Keep saying "With 110mVrms needed to achieve 90dB". But you will never achieve 90dB with 110mVrms at 32hz,. You will need much more than that. Probably around 1000--2000mVms for 90dB which is not that loud. So if you want a confortable level which is more around 100dB with peaks at 106dB, a very generous amp is required if you want to get full range and the dynamic the LCD can offer.
This is consistent with the experience I had with several Audeze including the LCD2C.

Mar 27, 2018 at 5:03 AM Post #2,555 of 7,334
When will they make these headbands available on the accessories store???
+1 I really wanted one of these headband's but I ended up getting the carbon fiber one for my LCD-XC's

Mar 27, 2018 at 4:19 PM Post #2,556 of 7,334
Well I finally got one and I'm currently running through a Mojo, really like it so far.

Take my impressions with a grain of salt since I only just got them and I don't have trained ears or higher end equipment to power them at the moment. If I compare the LCD2C to the iSine 20 with the cipher cable the 20/Cipher has more detail but is also more fatiguing. The LCD2c is a really relaxing listen and allows me to listen to music that was just way too bright on the 20/cipher combo. Yeah they're somewhat veiled but just enough that I can still hear nice treble without my sensitivity to treble making me want to pull off my headphones. If I had to pick a headphone closest in sound to the LCD2C it's the HD650, if someone was looking for a planar equivalent this is it IMO and I'm sure it will scale with better gear just like the 650 does.

If I had one complaint it would be that the headband creates a hot spot on top of my head but that may just be a sign I'm in need of a haircut :p

Edit: I actually kinda think it sounds better out of the KANN than the mojo, now to either find a 2.5mm cable or a 4pin to 2.5mm trrs converter so I can try the balanced headphone out

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2018 at 10:50 PM Post #2,557 of 7,334
Has anyone used the LCD-2C with the Cavalli CTH ? If so does it have enough power, what does the combo sound like ? Thanks

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:47 AM Post #2,558 of 7,334
Has anyone used the LCD-2C with the Cavalli CTH ? If so does it have enough power, what does the combo sound like ? Thanks

So far whatever little I got to hear after ordering my Cavalli CTH with the LCD2C it sounds superb and the Amp has great power to drive both my Hd800 and the LCD2C. As I am travelling I would not be able to comment much in detail but once I get back will surely provide further inputs.

Mar 29, 2018 at 2:52 AM Post #2,559 of 7,334
Well I finally got one and I'm currently running through a Mojo, really like it so far.

Take my impressions with a grain of salt since I only just got them and I don't have trained ears or higher end equipment to power them at the moment. If I compare the LCD2C to the iSine 20 with the cipher cable the 20/Cipher has more detail but is also more fatiguing. The LCD2c is a really relaxing listen and allows me to listen to music that was just way too bright on the 20/cipher combo. Yeah they're somewhat veiled but just enough that I can still hear nice treble without my sensitivity to treble making me want to pull off my headphones. If I had to pick a headphone closest in sound to the LCD2C it's the HD650, if someone was looking for a planar equivalent this is it IMO and I'm sure it will scale with better gear just like the 650 does.

If I had one complaint it would be that the headband creates a hot spot on top of my head but that may just be a sign I'm in need of a haircut :p

Edit: I actually kinda think it sounds better out of the KANN than the mojo, now to either find a 2.5mm cable or a 4pin to 2.5mm trrs converter so I can try the balanced headphone out

I agree with you for the listening of the LCD2c with the mojo. I ran it through the mojo and then through Burson as well as Cavalli CTH and with both combination it sounds just superb and fantastic.
Have not tried my Kann yet but would soon and check out the difference. I too am looking for a 2.5mm cable for the LCD2c. If you come across let me know. Cheers

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #2,560 of 7,334
Has anybody changed the stock cable that came with there Classics im gonna be using Magni 3 for my Classics when they come i like the look of there cable but think it might not be long enough what have people changed to im in the UK so really the question is to people in the uk so i can go on site and order a cable if i want to change

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #2,561 of 7,334
Has anybody changed the stock cable that came with there Classics im gonna be using Magni 3 for my Classics when they come i like the look of there cable but think it might not be long enough what have people changed to im in the UK so really the question is to people in the uk so i can go on site and order a cable if i want to change
I started listening to my 2c out of the box with several inexpensive and expensive ($75-$400) . I decided after sever days of listening to try the stock cable.
Sound collapsed in comparison especially bass and midrange. All of my aftermarket cables sound better to me.

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #2,563 of 7,334
The only cables I would invest in are Q Cables (French Silk), not remotely for the sound but for the super high-quality build.

I've never been a cable changes the sound believer, I've always chalked it up as psychoacoustics.

Mar 29, 2018 at 1:36 PM Post #2,564 of 7,334
Mr Speakers posted in the Aeon Flow Close thread about a cable maker in the UK I believe, might want to check that thread out and see who the vendor is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back