Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Jan 30, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #1,996 of 7,334
For anyone that doesn't like the comfort (clamping force) or sound quality upon getting it, give it some time. The earpads get broken in and you will notice less suction effect. The headband will also clamp less over time. You can also stretch it out if needed. I remember it being very hard in the first few days.

I reconfirmed it as I had gotten a replacement headband and after being very comfortable for a month, it went to brutal again. Time to break-in this headband. I have definitive proof side by side, so it's not a figment of imagination. As the clamp changes, the sound also changes a bit. A well broken-in LCD-2C is a pleasure.

Jan 30, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #1,997 of 7,334
Thanks. I actually just got it. Going to give it a few more days audition. First impression is that it is heavy and hifiman 560 seems to suit my taste more, lighter, cheaper.
Keep listening... Give it plenty of head time before swapping. That's all I can say.

Jan 30, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #1,998 of 7,334
For anyone that doesn't like the comfort (clamping force) or sound quality upon getting it, give it some time. The earpads get broken in and you will notice less suction effect. The headband will also clamp less over time. You can also stretch it out if needed. I remember it being very hard in the first few days.

I reconfirmed it as I had gotten a replacement headband and after being very comfortable for a month, it went to brutal again. Time to break-in this headband. I have definitive proof side by side, so it's not a figment of imagination. As the clamp changes, the sound also changes a bit. A well broken-in LCD-2C is a pleasure.

Agreed, mine are quite loose now and will wiggle around on my head if I shake it, so clamping force is never an issue. I have a strong neck, so the weight is also never a problem, and idk how it ever would be unless you're slouching. If you're sitting upright the force should all be down into your spine anyway.

Jan 30, 2018 at 10:04 PM Post #1,999 of 7,334
Here is MY secret folks. Pay attention to the MY.. YMMV :) Chain makes or breaks my experience with these cans. Colin, I didn't fully enjoy the LCD2C off of the iDSD BL. It didn't sound bad but.. it doesn't come close to the stack. If you get a chance to audition Bimby/Jot on them.. holy crap (Make sure you try Gen5, big difference vs my PC onboard SPDIF optical).
Best pairings I've found in audio to me:
LCD2C+Jotunheim+Bifrost Multibit Gen5 USB + These settings:
LCDEQ.png

The iDSD however does AMAZING with bass sticker removed K702 using these settings:
K702EQ.png

The iDSD/702 bass sticker mod is really, really good. Bested only by the LCD2C. The 560s are going back - I don't have the chain synergy either way to make them shine. Happy hunting all - I know few are lucky to have two incredible setups :) Oh, yeah yeah - I like LIGHT eq. The K702 sounds bloated no matter the fiddling on the schiit stack, and the LCD2C doesn't sound as full and mindblowingly good on the iDSD. Synergy folks, synergy. Enjoy your taste testing all!

PS: The iDSD BL sounds much better than the stack as a preamp to my JBL LSR30X's.. synergy folks!

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2018 at 10:08 PM Post #2,001 of 7,334
Correct(ed)

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2018 at 12:55 AM Post #2,002 of 7,334
Is there anyway to get rid of the ear pad smell? Its not as strong as it was when I first got them and for long listening sessions it's still there and rubs off on my ears to the point it bothers my wife. If not are there any pads to change with these that wont change the sound much?

Jan 31, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #2,004 of 7,334
The normal LCD-2 EQ on Roon is not suited for LCD-2C. The 2C is definitely better suited for the 2C.

With the normal LCD-2 EQ on the 2C, you'll hear differences in bass and midrange response. However, there is something irritating about the sound after awhile. I preferred no EQ over the LCD-2 EQ preset. The 2C preset is more subtle and better suited for the 2C.

I still haven't decided whether I prefer them with or without this new LCD-2C EQ. It's going to take some time.

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:51 PM Post #2,005 of 7,334
So quick update ill be receiving my sonica tomorrow and my eikon arrived today 15 days later... My lcd2c was sent in for repair and arrived at audeze on monday so hopefully ill have them back next week.

Jan 31, 2018 at 2:25 PM Post #2,006 of 7,334
3 days in, and sure enough, the strap has stretched enough that I have a hot spot where it touches the arch.

Anyone know if its possible to mod it to be shorter?

Jan 31, 2018 at 4:32 PM Post #2,007 of 7,334
So quick update ill be receiving my sonica tomorrow and my eikon arrived today 15 days later... My lcd2c was sent in for repair and arrived at audeze on monday so hopefully ill have them back next week.

Repair? :frowning2:((

Jan 31, 2018 at 5:25 PM Post #2,009 of 7,334
Yeah definitely put it on and take it off real gentle

Users who are viewing this thread

Back