1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
Next

Last
  1. Voxata
    I eq'd my set slightly, to compensate the FR dip and it's looking like a keeper in my stable. For $600, you'd better nab a pair quick before the sale ends.

2. gLer
    May I ask what your eq settings are, and what do they do? Can you describe the correction/s it makes using song examples? Thanks!

3. gLer
    I think the ‘smear’ refers to the mid-bass emphasis of the Fostex drivers, although with that you get visceral slam with your lower and sub bass as described. I also think it’s quite well controlled, especially compared to most closed headphones in this class and price range. You’re also dealing with cup resonance, so the bass bloom will be emphasized even more. LCDs benefit from being open, so the resonance is not an issue and the bass is also far more linear and controlled because of the planar drivers. That comes at the cost of visceral slam, but it’s just a different rather than a worse listen. It’s why I got an Atticus to complement the LCD and to get my visceral slam fix - but that headphone is very source dependent, and I’ve only found one amp so far (AGD R2R-11) that gives it Fostex-like visceral slam (even more than the Woo WA3 which brings out the Atticus’s midrange magic). Also remember that slam is usually volume dependent - the TH-X00 is the only can I ever used that can deliver visceral slam at lower volume.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  4. Jack-A
    Do the classics also came in a heavy-duty "military" case like the other LCD models?

5. Slim1970
    No, a cardboard box

6. Voxata
    Military cardboard

George Taylor likes this.
  7. Jack-A
    Screenshot_20180129-183215.jpg well then

8. fccn75
    Does LCD-2C come with frequency response graph? or is it available by request?

9. Voxata
    It comes with the cable, an authenticity card and usb drive w/warranty and spec info.

10. ltanasom
    How do lcd-2c compare with lcd-2f?
    Any suggestion?

11. Voxata
    You've got two days. Buy the 2C and enjoy.

Stay jam'n

IMG_20180129_160154.jpg

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    RatFarm likes this.
  12. fivedollah
    How do I return headphone to audeze? I searched on their website anspd cannot see a section for return.

13. DON222
    Email their customer service (you are correct - the site does not have details) and they will provide details. I was going to return my 2C because I thought the bass was lacking. After changing my source the bass is now excellent.

fivedollah likes this.
  14. Mkoll
    I really like the sound of the LCD-2C and if that were the only consideration, I'd be keeping them. A luxurious, warm, non-fatiguing presentation with exceptional bass. No edge to the treble. Good detail retrieval. Premium build quality and feel. They're definitely worth auditioning, even just to hear the bass which comes close to the TH-900 and is in some respects better.

However, comfort is an issue. The weight is high, but this is expected from Audeze and might be tolerable by itself. But combined with the clamping force, it is too much. The high force of the clamp is immediately noticeable when putting them on compared to my other headphones and becomes intolerable with time. Pads are super soft and I don't think they're to blame. Repositioning doesn't help enough. Force is focused around the ears, especially just anterior to them. Comfort is a deal-breaker for me so these will be going back.

YMMV, etc.

15. weta
    I retract my earlier statement about the LCD2C not being mind blowing.. after a few more days listening time, my n00b opinion now is.. holy f&ck these things sound good!

First

Back
122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131
133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142
Next

Last