Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #4,156 of 7,334
hi everyone, how about we all share our fav eq dial in, i followed metal 571eq but still find more is needed, i still feel the mids are not great and highs are a mess

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #4,157 of 7,334
The Loki also has a passthrough mode that lets you hear the headphones without the tone controls on. I must warn you, that after making some corrections to the sound signature of any headphones to add what you think they are lacking you it's so hard go back. At least that's they way it is with me. I love this little device and it's certainly worth the small investment to make already good headphones become great ones. Your ears will thank you :)

totally agree, loki can make headphones sound o your exact liking I have, but and a big BUT once you have no loki in the chain anymore you will look at your lcd2c and think What what happened to the heapdhones

Dec 18, 2018 at 2:31 PM Post #4,158 of 7,334
So, yesterday was a weird day. I woke up in the morning expecting to just go to work and go through the daily grind. however i was pleasantly surprised.
While at work, i met a new friend whos friends with a co-worker of mine. the guy is an elderly man, (salt pepper hair) and smokes a lot.
we were talking about audio, he mentioned that he was a big fan of orthodynamic headphones. i mentioned audeze and he laughed as he tapped his cig. he then said "i've got the entire audeze range at home"... speachless i let out a "wow" (yes much like owen wilson). after work he invited me and my friend over to his apartment and lo and behold he had almost every audeze over ear headphone. i quickly put my microSD card with my music into his sound system that had an audeze deckard and quickly put the headphones on. heres what i got from my impressions.

I enjoyed the LCD2C the most from the entire range, closely followed by the LCD-X (with the new LCD2C headband).
the LCD-3 were too heavy and i didnt like the sound as much as the 2C or X.
the LCD-4 were heavy also, and sounded way too bright even for me and im a DT1990 Pro fan.

from my conclusion i felt that the LCD2C is the best bang for buck from audeze and had the most relaxed sound(in a good way) that was easy to mellow out to. i was super lucky to be able to compare the headphones for a good long time (the visit was around 5ish hours)

Audeze is starting to grow on me and i'll be placing my order for an Audeze LCD2C very soon after i receive my order from RME for the ADI-2 DAC.

PS: he didnt have all the close back variants, he only had the closed back LCD-XC which were quite heavy and didnt sound as good as the open LCD-X.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #4,159 of 7,334
So, yesterday was a weird day. I woke up in the morning expecting to just go to work and go through the daily grind. however i was pleasantly surprised.
While at work, i met a new friend whos friends with a co-worker of mine. the guy is an elderly man, (salt pepper hair) and smokes a lot.
we were talking about audio, he mentioned that he was a big fan of orthodynamic headphones. i mentioned audeze and he laughed as he tapped his cig. he then said "i've got the entire audeze range at home"... speachless i let out a "wow" (yes much like owen wilson). after work he invited me and my friend over to his apartment and lo and behold he had almost every audeze over ear headphone. i quickly put my microSD card with my music into his sound system that had an audeze deckard and quickly put the headphones on. heres what i got from my impressions.

I enjoyed the LCD2C the most from the entire range, closely followed by the LCD-X (with the new LCD2C headband).
the LCD-4 were heavy also, and sounded way too bright even for me and im a DT1990 Pro fan.

from my conclusion i felt that the LCD2C is the best bang for buck from audeze and had the most relaxed sound(in a good way) that was easy to mellow out to. i was super lucky to be able to compare the headphones for a good long time (the visit was around 5ish hours)

Audeze is starting to grow on me and i'll be placing my order for an Audeze LCD2C very soon after i receive my order from RME for the ADI-2 DAC.

PS: he didnt have all the close back variants, he only had the closed back LCD-XC which were quite heavy and didnt sound as good as the open LCD-X.

interesting

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #4,160 of 7,334

I also have the DT1990 and just placed my order for the 2C’s. What were you impressions when comparing the LCD-2C to your 1990s?

Dec 18, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #4,161 of 7,334
I also have the DT1990 and just placed my order for the 2C’s. What were you impressions when comparing the LCD-2C to your 1990s?
I didnt have my DT1990 Pros at his place because we left after work, however i use my DT1990 pros almost every day and i can tell you this.

DT1990 Pro: clean sound, crisp, punchy tone across the range, low end, mid, highs. slightly peaky at highs depending when you listen to, revealing headphones if the recording is bad and scales really well with amps.
LCD2C: smooth warm sound, clean smooth with a great punchy low end that doesnt bleed into the mids. mids are at an enjoyable level to the point where its never too close, but not too far away. highs are a great amount, enough for most people imo.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:44 AM Post #4,162 of 7,334
I've been looking at getting the Schiit Loki to use with my Magni3 and Mimby. Really the only thing I like to bump within the frequency range is the bass, going up a few dBs would make them sound ideal to me. I know it wouldn't stop there though as I'd start experimenting with changing the mids and highs. My B-day is coming up in a few months so I think I'll give the Loki to myself as a gift seeing as I'm pretty much broke after Xmas gifts.

Dec 20, 2018 at 1:46 AM Post #4,163 of 7,334
I've been looking at getting the Schiit Loki to use with my Magni3 and Mimby. Really the only thing I like to bump within the frequency range is the bass, going up a few dBs would make them sound ideal to me. I know it wouldn't stop there though as I'd start experimenting with changing the mids and highs. My B-day is coming up in a few months so I think I'll give the Loki to myself as a gift seeing as I'm pretty much broke after Xmas gifts.

I think you'll like it. Loki has been worthwhile investment for me, and I'm probably going to get a few more of them.

Dec 20, 2018 at 3:07 PM Post #4,165 of 7,334
Dec 21, 2018 at 6:43 PM Post #4,166 of 7,334
Holy crap, this video is sick with LCD-2Cs:

Dec 22, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #4,168 of 7,334
For some reason I got an email from Audeze today about a sale. These headphones are back to $599.00 until December 31st.

As an FYI, the LCD-3 are on for $1,199.00.

Shane D

Dec 22, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #4,169 of 7,334
Omg no! Dont do this, not now. Just got my 2Cs... Goddamn do i need to pull the trigger on those LCD3 too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back