1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
Next

Last
  1. WildStyle-R11
    Well do report back, I'm always interested to find out how companies in which products I am interested treat their customers.

2. omniweltall
    Merry Xmas, guys!

In case you didnt try it, the 2C is great for Xmas songs.

endlesswaves likes this.
  3. Sorgiulio
    I've made the rings myself with a double sided adhesive sheet and a compass cutter. I then took most of the stickiness away using a piece of fabric and now I have perfectly removable and swappable pads

4. scarfacegt
  5. Terozzzz
  6. scarfacegt
    My bad.Saw it now that it was behind paywall.At least,as no suprise,the lcd2c was highly regarded :) An addicted and musical headphone like no other :D

Terozzzz likes this.
  7. migasson
    Just bought mine.

Grabbed a Dragonfly Black DAC, now awaiting my Burson Soloist SL MK2. I’m sure it’ll sound just fine:)

8. malenak
    Did anyone tried LCD-2C with iFi Pro iCan?

9. migasson
    Burson has arrived.. not sure why anyone would want to spend more.. or look at anything else. Maybe I’m less picky or something. At $500 AUD, it’s a cracking amp. I’m just gonna be blissfully ignorant and unsubscribe from this thread

omniweltall likes this.
  10. onodera
    I'm running into the same problem & made a thread about it on Reddit, see: https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/aaawzc/audeze_lcd2c_loses_almost_all_its_bass_when/

One comment explain why this is happening. The seal stops the diaphragms from moving too much, thus reducing bass.
    If you listen to the open back side if your LCD2C, and push the two pads together creating a seal, you just hear the bass diminishing.

Anyways, I really like the deep bass without seal. I'm considering either going for the velour pads, or somehow modding the pads. Anyone any ideas?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    Terozzzz likes this.
  11. Terozzzz
    Im testing with plastic straws, and yes i like this sound. It is bit wider and the bass is too feeling more open and more punchier. Im thinking to put plastic straws under pads. Just 1 or 2 on the sides.

onodera likes this.
  12. onodera
    I like to see your progress :). For now some inspiration:

A mod for a hifiman trying to fix the same problem: https://i.imgur.com/6tv4sLF.jpg
    A mod for an Audeze, though not for better sound https://www.reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/5mekhg/a_little_mod_for_audeze_lcd_ear_pads/

13. Sound Eq
    can i ask what mod u are referring to

14. Terozzzz
    To the mod making the pads open up bit, letting cans breathe so the bass wont be reduced and making the sound bit more airy/wider.

And for me it makes big difference.

onodera likes this.
  15. Sound Eq
    can u show pics

onodera likes this.
First

Back
270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279
281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290
Next

Last