Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #3,856 of 7,334
ofcoarse, which is why i want to see if others can relate to my experience from what i originally mentioned. the youtuber that was recommended for me to watch "Joshua Valour" kinda makes the LCD-X seem more worth it, however the way he mentions it almost sounds like a planar version of a DT1990 Pro which i dont want another pair of. i want variety. so im still kinda stuck at square one.
In my opinion all three headphones benefit from good amping.
DT1990 Pro: if you like a bit of a treble bite and a very clear picture and you don't mind the slight bass roll off under 50Hz and a slightly analytical sound.
LCD2C: if you prefer a darker, warmer, more gentle sound, less pronounced treble. You are not after the ultimate clarity and prefer to relax with music.
LCDX: if weight is really not an issue and you are going for the Audeze sound adjusted for studio use. (In a way closer to DT1990 sound but without the sub bass roll off and a friendlier treble.)
This is obviously just my subjective opinion. I think all these three headphones are pretty great.

Nov 1, 2018 at 1:31 PM Post #3,857 of 7,334
In my opinion all three headphones benefit from good amping.
DT1990 Pro: if you like a bit of a treble bite and a very clear picture and you don't mind the slight bass roll off under 50Hz and a slightly analytical sound.
LCD2C: if you prefer a darker, warmer, more gentle sound, less pronounced treble. You are not after the ultimate clarity and prefer to relax with music.
LCDX: if weight is really not an issue and you are going for the Audeze sound adjusted for studio use. (In a way closer to DT1990 sound but without the sub bass roll off and a friendlier treble.)
This is obviously just my subjective opinion. I think all these three headphones are pretty great.
from what you've mentioned i think i'll end up buying the LCD2C.. but now heres the next question. open or closed LCD2C Classics? :p because they released the closed not too long ago if i remember correctly..

Nov 1, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #3,858 of 7,334
from what you've mentioned i think i'll end up buying the LCD2C.. but now heres the next question. open or closed LCD2C Classics? :p because they released the closed not too long ago if i remember correctly..
It is always open, unless you need isolation.
But don't just follow my word, try it yourself. :wink:

Nov 2, 2018 at 5:58 PM Post #3,859 of 7,334
Hi guys, there is just one thing about my LCD2C that is lacking for me. I feel that imaging is weak, even from modded Fostex t50rp I was able to squeeze serious pinpoint imaging so it feels kind of disappointing. Can it be related to amping? Im using SPL Crimson for my needs not any dedicated amp so maybe more power? Hows yours handle that? Are all Audezes like that? I always though that they have nice imaging but not a super large soundstage (which dont bother me). Wish to have imaging like in Stax SR9 but with LCD bass...:D

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #3,860 of 7,334
Hi guys, there is just one thing about my LCD2C that is lacking for me. I feel that imaging is weak, even from modded Fostex t50rp I was able to squeeze serious pinpoint imaging so it feels kind of disappointing. Can it be related to amping? Im using SPL Crimson for my needs not any dedicated amp so maybe more power? Hows yours handle that? Are all Audezes like that? I always though that they have nice imaging but not a super large soundstage (which dont bother me). Wish to have imaging like in Stax SR9 but with LCD bass...:D
It could be your setup synergy not mixing well, or it might be just be different than what you expected. Out of all my setups my lcd2c has the best image with the asgard 2 and mimby. none of my other headphones and amp combos come close. I think proper paired setups at even low cost will blow away multi tbousand dollar ines that just dont mix well

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #3,861 of 7,334
To add on what you said @BrotherKathos...
I have a Gumby amd Mjolnir 2 and with the correct tubes, it’s sublime with great imaging. It doesn’t matter how high end,
Low end, midfi, etc,... your gear needs to be correct with your headphone if you’re looking for the best out of any particular HP.
My rig isn’t top of the line but definitely endgame for me and for A LOT of people.
Every headphone I own IMO, has great synergy with my gear. But that’s why I own the headphones I do.....to have that mix with my amp/DAC combo.

Nov 5, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #3,863 of 7,334
Does anyone know of a good after market Audeze LCD2Classic headphone case? i want something i can store them in that wont let dust accumulate on them or get damaged from stray dog hairs and other things lol.

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #3,864 of 7,334
Does anyone know of a good after market Audeze LCD2Classic headphone case? i want something i can store them in that wont let dust accumulate on them or get damaged from stray dog hairs and other things lol.

Yo:
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=10620

Double check the size, but Monoprice has several size options right around this big.

I also use this one for a number of headphones, Audeze included, and it's a bit smaller for travel:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENO322C/

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #3,865 of 7,334
Nov 7, 2018 at 2:27 AM Post #3,868 of 7,334
Not that different to the LCD2F, very different to the EL8 or Elear. Only you can decide if you need the 2C. Some will say yes, some will say no. Good luck!

Nov 7, 2018 at 6:27 AM Post #3,869 of 7,334
Hi, i have right now a LCD2 Fazor, an EL-8 Open and a Focal Elear... Do i need a LCD2C? Is it really different from those?

Thanx!
if you ask me, sell the LCD2F for the LCD2Classic. i heard it in store and compared the two myself in store and by far the classics sound nicer. a little more crisp? if that makes sense. im not sure why the LCD2F didnt sound as crisp to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back