1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by XERO1, Oct 7, 2017.
First

Back
248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257
259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268
Next

Last
  1. Tsukuyomi
    from what you've mentioned i think i'll end up buying the LCD2C.. but now heres the next question. open or closed LCD2C Classics? :p because they released the closed not too long ago if i remember correctly..

2. betula
    It is always open, unless you need isolation.
    But don't just follow my word, try it yourself. :wink:

koover and Tsukuyomi like this.
  3. ZGLISZCZ
    Hi guys, there is just one thing about my LCD2C that is lacking for me. I feel that imaging is weak, even from modded Fostex t50rp I was able to squeeze serious pinpoint imaging so it feels kind of disappointing. Can it be related to amping? Im using SPL Crimson for my needs not any dedicated amp so maybe more power? Hows yours handle that? Are all Audezes like that? I always though that they have nice imaging but not a super large soundstage (which dont bother me). Wish to have imaging like in Stax SR9 but with LCD bass...:D

4. BrotherKathos
    It could be your setup synergy not mixing well, or it might be just be different than what you expected. Out of all my setups my lcd2c has the best image with the asgard 2 and mimby. none of my other headphones and amp combos come close. I think proper paired setups at even low cost will blow away multi tbousand dollar ines that just dont mix well

5. koover
    To add on what you said @BrotherKathos...
    I have a Gumby amd Mjolnir 2 and with the correct tubes, it’s sublime with great imaging. It doesn’t matter how high end,
    Low end, midfi, etc,... your gear needs to be correct with your headphone if you’re looking for the best out of any particular HP.
    My rig isn’t top of the line but definitely endgame for me and for A LOT of people.
    Every headphone I own IMO, has great synergy with my gear. But that’s why I own the headphones I do.....to have that mix with my amp/DAC combo.

betula likes this.
  6. ZGLISZCZ
    I mean that I dont have that impression of front and back positionings of sounds that mostly keeps me wonder. Otherwise everything is great. Didnt mjolnir supposed to also have that kind of presentation?

7. Tsukuyomi
    Does anyone know of a good after market Audeze LCD2Classic headphone case? i want something i can store them in that wont let dust accumulate on them or get damaged from stray dog hairs and other things lol.

8. phthora
    Yo:
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=10620

Double check the size, but Monoprice has several size options right around this big.

I also use this one for a number of headphones, Audeze included, and it's a bit smaller for travel:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ENO322C/

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Tsukuyomi likes this.
  9. Tsukuyomi
  10. cirodts
    I have a lg v20 + mojo and I listen to metal music, I recommended the lcd2 classic?

11. lestatdi
    Hi, i have right now a LCD2 Fazor, an EL-8 Open and a Focal Elear... Do i need a LCD2C? Is it really different from those?

Thanx!

12. betula
    Not that different to the LCD2F, very different to the EL8 or Elear. Only you can decide if you need the 2C. Some will say yes, some will say no. Good luck!

omniweltall likes this.
  13. Tsukuyomi
    if you ask me, sell the LCD2F for the LCD2Classic. i heard it in store and compared the two myself in store and by far the classics sound nicer. a little more crisp? if that makes sense. im not sure why the LCD2F didnt sound as crisp to me.

14. betula

15. canali
    i'm going to have a listen to these tomorrow, alongside the focal clear.

i just sold my fostex ebony thx00..want something more refined sounding
    and is versatile with many genres.
    too bad my local retailer doesn't carry the zmf auteur too (i know only direct sales)
    as i've heard plenty good things on them.
    the massdrop HFM edition xx also interests me.
    https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-hifiman-edition-xx-headphones/talk/2253269

problem is: i only have my chord mojo...so i know i'll have to update to a better separate dac/amp
    in a few months too: prob looking at 3k there./used market.

so has anyone here compared the sq of zmf auteur, lcd2c and focal clear?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
First

Back
248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257
259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268
Next

Last