Audeze LCD-2C Classic - Impressions Thread
May 1, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #2,791 of 7,334
I would love to compare these to the x and the 3. If i get a chance i will rent a pair of the x and 3 from cableco. I keep wondering about upgrading from my lcd2c to a higher level lcd.

I only listened to the 2c for 15 mins, but I don’t hear the 3 as being a big upgrade. More just a different signature. 2C was more punchy, more dynamic. The 3 is more laid back, probably more suited to longer listening sessions.

May 1, 2018 at 10:15 AM Post #2,792 of 7,334
I only listened to the 2c for 15 mins, but I don’t hear the 3 as being a big upgrade. More just a different signature. 2C was more punchy, more dynamic. The 3 is more laid back, probably more suited to longer listening sessions.
Oof, I was looking at the 3 for an upgrade. I plan on buying the ZMF Auteur too so I guess it'd be an overlap. I'd rather have a dynamic planar than chilled out, so I guess I should be looking at the X. Lots of people have different opinions on the X compared to the 2C. I've heard they're darker & not as dark. I've heard they slam harder & don't have as much slam. I'll just have to listen myself at some point.

May 4, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #2,793 of 7,334
Indeed, I saw their measurements are different from unit to unit. Probably, it won't be a good idea to buy it in a used market, as bad ones are likely to be circulated from hand to hand. I would listen to it first in a dealer shop, or buy it directly to return in the case you got a bad unit.

and how would anyone who buys one new from audeze even make a judgement if their unit is bad or not ?

May 4, 2018 at 6:55 AM Post #2,794 of 7,334
and how would anyone who buys one new from audeze even make a judgement if their unit is bad or not ?
They are not. Measurements are as close as can be for this type of product. People ears are different and thats why you get two different people saying they hear them differently. With any manufactured item there will be slight variation in each, but it will not be enough to make real difference. you get more variation between how people percieve sound or can even hear it.

May 4, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #2,795 of 7,334
i wish someone compare lcdx 2017, to lcd 2c and lcd2f 2018, with more detail, as I need to make a purchase decision

i was so sure to buy the lcd2c only when i read some complain the mids are recessed and thin that made me hesitant to buy the lcd2c

May 4, 2018 at 9:39 AM Post #2,797 of 7,334
The Audeze website shows the LCD-2 as having the same headband as the LCD2C. Is that standard now? I think the LCD2C headband is even better than the carbon fiber one and would be a great upgrade on the LCD-2.
Yes it is - the new headband is now the standard headband for all LCD models except the 4-series (CF is standard for the 4). I got one for my LCD-3F and it completely solved the discomfort issue. I can now wear it for hours without fatigue, and like you I prefer the look of the steel band - the CF just looks out of place with all the other materials. Good move by Audeze.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #2,798 of 7,334
Indeed, I saw their measurements are different from unit to unit. Probably, it won't be a good idea to buy it in a used market, as bad ones are likely to be circulated from hand to hand. I would listen to it first in a dealer shop, or buy it directly to return in the case you got a bad unit.

Yeah? Where? Link to those measurements.

May 4, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #2,799 of 7,334
They are not. Measurements are as close as can be for this type of product. People ears are different and thats why you get two different people saying they hear them differently. With any manufactured item there will be slight variation in each, but it will not be enough to make real difference. you get more variation between how people percieve sound or can even hear it.
Not true. If you navigate the othet forum, you will find out. The same person shows two different measurements from two different units. And said that indeed one unit sounds dull than the other.

May 4, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #2,801 of 7,334
I would not base anything off of, just 1 person's findings.

Last edited:
May 4, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #2,802 of 7,334
I wish. But mentioning that site is not allowed here, so you will have to find out.

Ah, of course. As soon as I saw someone making unsubstantiated claims dismissing headphones they had never heard based on some sketchy measurements posted by one person measuring on their homemade rig, I immediately thought of that site. That place is garbage. Don't bother with a link, because I don't trust the source anyway.

Considering how many small, unannounced revisions Audeze has gone through, it is no wonder measurements are different. However, given your source, I would assume that someone is comparing a 2.1 to 2.2F, or something similar.

But, that is besides the point, because I can't find anything but speculation about unit to unit variation anyway.

May 4, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #2,803 of 7,334
Ah, of course. As soon as I saw someone making unsubstantiated claims dismissing headphones they had never heard based on some sketchy measurements posted by one person measuring on their homemade rig, I immediately thought of that site. That place is garbage. Don't bother with a link, because I don't trust the source anyway.

Considering how many small, unannounced revisions Audeze has gone through, it is no wonder measurements are different. However, given your source, I would assume that someone is comparing a 2.1 to 2.2F, or something similar.

But, that is besides the point, because I can't find anything but speculation about unit to unit variation anyway.

FYI, I am not even a member there. I don't know about your grudge.

But you are unnecessarily attacking a member here. I just responded to the question to the other member raised earlier. I replied to it with what I know to help him.

Your attitude is very offensive, completely impolite and unjustifiable.

May 4, 2018 at 11:06 AM Post #2,804 of 7,334
FYI, I am not even a member there. I don't know about your grudge.

But you are unnecessarily attacking a member here. I just responded to the question to the other member raised earlier. I replied to it with what I know to help him.

Your attitude is very offensive, completely impolite and unjustifiable.

You are casting aspersions on Audeze's quality of production on all products over several years based on the unverifiable, homegrown measurements of a person whom you will not cite and whose measurements I can't even find. It is not impolite or unjustified to point out that that is an unsubstantiated claim. You might be offended by that, but I am offended by your recklessness assertions. If you had said, "hey, there is some evidence that..." or "I am concerned about X because of Y..." or "one person noted unit to unit variation..." we wouldn't be having this conversation. Even assuming that the alluded-to measurements are iron-clad, you cannot induce that the LCD-2 have wide unit to unit variation or that all LCD-2s do, and you certainly cannot use that as evidence of to support your suggestion that Audeze has problems with production consistency and QC throughout the entire life of their company. If you would care to weigh in with your personal experience, positive or negative, regarding this issue, please do so, but don't bandy about measurements of unknown reliability as gospel.

May 4, 2018 at 11:09 AM Post #2,805 of 7,334

From the way I see, you are the one making unsubstantiated claims before checking anything. Trust whatever you want to trust, buddy. Your life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back