Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 31, 2011 at 3:19 AM Post #17,461 of 18,459
Yea the Oppo is nice, BUT I don't have an LCD, I have an HE-6.
deadhorse.gif

I was on the LCD waiting list, got impatient, turnedcoat.

It was a long wait at the time (Nov. last year).

Aug 31, 2011 at 3:22 AM Post #17,462 of 18,459
I ordered mine in late January and waited for more than two months. Definitely worth the wait.

Aug 31, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #17,463 of 18,459
What I said is accurately reproducing the waveform, unless you are not understanding it.

What inaccuracies are you talking about, I'm talking about a sin wave with no upper harmonics.

Aug 31, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #17,464 of 18,459
For me, I have never heard reproduced bass as accurately done as the LCD2s.  Ever.  Period.   

This includes all kinds of speakers.

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:06 AM Post #17,465 of 18,459
FWIW, presumably the point of an open headphone is that the room remains part of the interaction with the diaphragm? So the dimensions involved are larger than just the enclosure formed with the ear.

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #17,466 of 18,459
But surely this is why the LCD2 and any other flat-response device sounds "natural". Natural sound also fails to take into account our diminishing hearing ability as frequency goes down. Sure, if you want prominent sub-bass, either don't buy an LCD2 or EQ it.

Quote:
The LCD2 fails to take into account the diminishing hearing ability of human beings as frequency goes down. Therefore the flatness of the curve is exactly the reason why the sub-bass is so weak.  Its "mid bass" is actaully very good and "meaty" as people here put it, but when it comes to sub-bass any of my other headphone and most of my IEMs  do a better job. The lack of sub-bass of the LCD2 is aggravated by the "meaty" upper bass which further hides the already weak sub-bass. That said, you get better results with proper amping - with the Stepdance operating at 15V, the sub bass seems to have improved quite a bit. I also heard the Rev 2 has tighter bass so you may want to try that out as well if you are using the Rev 1.

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #17,467 of 18,459
Neither rev.1 nor 2 have recessed mids. rev.1 has slight recessed highs.

For comparsion of JH 16 and LCD 2. They shouldnt really be compared together. But soundwise. JH 16's bass and soundstage is comparable to LCD 2. JH audio is still one of the best in IEMs.

But u still cant travel and go to  work with your LCD 2 on the way. So JH 16 has big advantage here.

Aug 31, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #17,468 of 18,459
I don't see why you can't -  the only drawback is that the LCD2 is an open headphone so others can hear what you hear and you don't have very good isolation to fully enjoy the sound. 

The phones you truly can't bring out are the Stax - you need a full-sized A/C powered desktop electrostatic amp to drive it; and the K1000 - for obvious reasons...                           

Quote:
Neither rev.1 nor 2 have recessed mids. rev.1 has slight recessed highs.

For comparsion of JH 16 and LCD 2. They shouldnt really be compared together. But soundwise. JH 16's bass and soundstage is comparable to LCD 2. JH audio is still one of the best in IEMs.

But u still cant travel and go to  work with your LCD 2 on the way. So JH 16 has big advantage here.

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #17,469 of 18,459
haha it would just be stupid to wear a headphone that huge in the public. especially when you walking on the road. and how to gonna be able to listen to it? Through Iphone and portable amp?

Quote:
I don't see why you can't -  the only drawback is that the LCD2 is an open headphone so others can hear what you hear and you don't have very good isolation to fully enjoy the sound. 

The phones you truly can't bring out are the Stax - you need a full-sized A/C powered desktop electrostatic amp to drive it; and the K1000 - for obvious reasons...                           

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:03 AM Post #17,470 of 18,459
Perfectly viable via portable amp. Am listening to the Rev 1 through my Stepdance right now and it sounds fantastic. I saw people wore big Beyers (don't know the model) so I guess it is ok to use LCD2 as portable - hope they come up with a closed-back version and I will actually do it and probably take some pictures.

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:48 AM Post #17,471 of 18,459
I just got my rev. 2 today. When i opened the box i saw that one of the connectors from the yoke came loose and was biting into the leather. 
eek.gif

It seems that the cups were secured to the yokes by a plastic band but one of them was improperly attached.

I'm hoping the leather will "heal" on it's own. Has anyone experienced something similar?

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:37 AM Post #17,472 of 18,459
The wood is much lighter than in the past. The leather should be fine. You can also moisten the leather and it will resolve. 

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:01 AM Post #17,473 of 18,459
does anybody know of good products to take care of the wood and leather? i cant find leather CPR here in australia so im hoping someone else can recommend me a good product. also, is there anyway to soften the earpads? im using a one year old second hand pair so im pretty sure breaking in via wearing them wont change that much.

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:09 AM Post #17,474 of 18,459
I just recieved my LCD-2, it is much darker than all the other revision 2s I have seen.  It's more like a r1 or first run.  There are also the clear coat is runny down toward the bottom of the cup on both sides.  What do you think? Send them back?

These are for sure R2s they have the new cable and leather headband........

Aug 31, 2011 at 9:31 AM Post #17,475 of 18,459
why send them back? didnt you enjoy the sound?

Quote:
I just recieved my LCD-2, it is much darker than all the other revision 2s I have seen.  It's more like a r1 or first run.  There are also the clear coat is runny down toward the bottom of the cup on both sides.  What do you think? Send them back?

These are for sure R2s they have the new cable and leather headband........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back