Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 11, 2011 at 7:29 AM Post #14,116 of 18,459
Also I am curious to see the coming leather free version of LCD 2 in Augest, especially the ear pads. That might look cool
L3000.gif

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #14,117 of 18,459
Just ordered my LCD-2, so excited!!!!!!! Nah, in Australia you only get taxed if the item is over $1000 AUD, it does not include shipping. I called Customs and checked. Now to sell my left kidney for a Rine Wine Audio Audeze Edition Amp.....

^^

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #14,118 of 18,459
So not fair! Stupid Uk!

Quote:
Just ordered my LCD-2, so excited!!!!!!! Nah, in Australia you only get taxed if the item is over $1000 AUD, it does not include shipping. I called Customs and checked. Now to sell my left kidney for a Rine Wine Audio Audeze Edition Amp.....

^^

Jul 11, 2011 at 7:58 AM Post #14,121 of 18,459
Well I paid £795 including tax anyway. Tax was like £140 which is so high~~~

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #14,122 of 18,459
Quote:
Just ordered my LCD-2, so excited!!!!!!!

Quote:
Total cost was   $1,046.30 everything inclusive (gst, shipping etc etc). It's not too bad I guess. The price is in AUD btw

As a fellow Aussie hoping to buy a pair in the upcoming weeks I am really interested to know about the shipping costs. I don't trust their shipping calculator and am curious to know if it states the actual shipping cost anywhere on the box/documentation. If so what is/was it?

The extra $115 for postage then the terrible PayPal exchange rate is the only thing casting doubt over the whole purchase and it's really bumming me. :/

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #14,125 of 18,459
I asked headroom about shipping to Australia and this was their reply.

International/overseas shipping cost for any HeadRoom package between 0-5lbs is $45usd via our contracted fully-tracked UPS Air delivery service; Expect approximately 5 business day delivery time to Australia from the date of shipment for officially "in stock" items. Please remember this mailing fee only covers shipping charges for international express air delivery and does not include your particular country's importation taxes, ‘VAT’ fees, and/or electronic product import surcharges over & above the HeadRoom mailing fee, if any.

Guess I'll be ordering mine from headroom instead.

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #14,126 of 18,459

Quote:

As a fellow Aussie hoping to buy a pair in the upcoming weeks I am really interested to know about the shipping costs. I don't trust their shipping calculator and am curious to know if it states the actual shipping cost anywhere on the box/documentation. If so what is/was it?

The extra $115 for postage then the terrible PayPal exchange rate is the only thing casting doubt over the whole purchase and it's really bumming me. :/

I live in the inner-west of sydney (strathfield)

and i paid $144.91 for shipping (as said by their shipping calculator).

And also... How can you say that the PayPal exchange rate is terrible? It's the highest it has been for years. AUD to USD is amazing right now. Take advantage of it while you can.

At the time of writing, 1 AUD to USD is: 1.0709 

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #14,127 of 18,459
I forgot to mention that the delivery service itself is amazing.

Fedex tracks the movement of your package for every minor checkpoint - They give you a precise date (which was accurate for me).

I also called them up to find an actual estimate on the time of arrival - which more or less was correct (+13 minutes late.

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #14,128 of 18,459
Quote:
Guess I'll be ordering mine from headroom instead.

Gah why aren't they listed on the Audeze "Where to buy" page? I've been searching high and low for an alternative place to buy them with lower shipping costs. The only alternative option I could come up with was buying them from ALO who are expecting stock Monday or Tuesday so I couldn't view their shipping calculator until then. So thank you so much for bringing Headroom to my attention!

EDIT: And they publicly accept MasterCard. I'm set!
o2smile.gif

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #14,129 of 18,459
Quote:
and i paid $144.91 for shipping (as said by their shipping calculator).

And also... How can you say that the PayPal exchange rate is terrible?

I know the AUD is still great against the USD but what is not so great is the 2.5% fee for a currency conversion hidden in the PayPal exchange rates. As far as postage costs, I want to know what they paid to ship them (if it shows it). Not so much what you paid for them to ship it :wink:

Sorry for everyone else who is following the thread for all this Aussie related LCD-2 chatter. It's not really suitable for PMs nor is it really suitable to be here...

Jul 11, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #14,130 of 18,459

Quote:

I know the AUD is still great against the USD but what is not so great is the 2.5% fee for a currency conversion hidden in the PayPal exchange rates. As far as postage costs, I want to know what they paid to ship them (if it shows it). Not so much what you paid for them to ship it :wink:

Sorry for everyone else who is following the thread for all this Aussie related LCD-2 chatter. It's not really suitable for PMs nor is it really suitable to be here...

Just post a hamster pic to get it back on track.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back