Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 11, 2011 at 12:28 PM Post #14,146 of 18,459
Quote:
I'm not in Canada but when I ordered my LCD's UPS came up as the only option on the Audeze website but they seem to ship everything FedEx even though UPS in the only option showing.    The Audeze website is the companies weakest link.

*Patiently waits for your review*

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #14,147 of 18,459

Quote:
has anyone tried adjusting/bending/stretching their leather headband? mine still feels too clampy after 2 days..im getting headaches wearing them for hours at a time.

I got my leather headband from Audeze and at first did not care for it did a little bending and now it fits great and is not at all hard on the head. At first I was having a problem because I like the top of the band to sit flat across the top of my head. I bent it a tiny bit at where it meets at the blocks holding it firmly at the band and bending the block up or out a little bit. Now it fits flat across the top and holds the headphones firmly and snug but not to tight and I am really enjoying it. Is it worth 100.00 plus shipping? Not really I was going to resell it but after fitting it to my head thought to keep it. Dont want to have to buy it twice and it does add a nice finshed look to the LCD2. I think 40.00 or maybe 50.00 would have been more real though.

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:37 PM Post #14,148 of 18,459
I am wondering if there is anyone here from Canada who has recently purchased a pair of new LCD-2's from the U.S.A. I am specifically wondering what duty fee one can expect to incur. UPS, which appears to be the only shipping method, often charges ridiculous brokerage fees, so I guess the question is 'how much extra funds, on top of the cost of the cans and UPS, did these suckers cost?' Thanks in advance for the info! :)

I am fortunate as I can have my stuff shipped to the States and then a friend brings it over for me!

Having said that and knowing Audeze's great customer service you might want to ask them if they could ship it USPS priority so as to avoid all the brokerage fees. Great thing is as well in my experience it is not often that Canada post end up charging customs!

I simply will not use any courier company ever since getting stung to the tune of $125 in brokerage fees and customs fees from UPS for a $500 fountain pen!

Jul 11, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #14,149 of 18,459
Quote:
Will post impression on Monday night. 

popcorn.gif

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #14,150 of 18,459
hey what did you mean by treating the leather?

yeah it's a little wide, but the pressure is driving me mad. thing is the pressure is only on the front of my ears. behind the ears, where the leather is thicker, it's not tight at all, so right now the pressure is disproportionately to the frontside.

Quote:
Quote:

Just checked the travel case, that's a good call. Perhaps slightly big for my liking, but I'm sure some people have heads that wide. Consider treating the leather before you opt for overnight stretching, as MrScary did.

I have Rev 1s at the moment with the metal/foam band. Will be exchanging for Rev 2s (with leather band) though as soon as they arrive at UK distributor :¬)

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #14,151 of 18,459
hey do you mean you straightened it on either side, right where it shows the ^ logo, instead of in the middle of the band? is this bending permanent? would you happen to know what's inside the leather?

i'm using a sennheiser hh10 headphone holder to hold the phones up at night so there's no pressure on the band when i'm not using it (although i'm considering stretching it overnight for a few days)

Quote:
I got my leather headband from Audeze and at first did not care for it did a little bending and now it fits great and is not at all hard on the head. At first I was having a problem because I like the top of the band to sit flat across the top of my head. I bent it a tiny bit at where it meets at the blocks holding it firmly at the band and bending the block up or out a little bit. Now it fits flat across the top and holds the headphones firmly and snug but not to tight and I am really enjoying it. Is it worth 100.00 plus shipping? Not really I was going to resell it but after fitting it to my head thought to keep it. Dont want to have to buy it twice and it does add a nice finshed look to the LCD2. I think 40.00 or maybe 50.00 would have been more real though.

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #14,152 of 18,459
Quote:
I am wondering if there is anyone here from Canada who has recently purchased a pair of new LCD-2's from the U.S.A. I am specifically wondering what duty fee one can expect to incur. UPS, which appears to be the only shipping method, often charges ridiculous brokerage fees, so I guess the question is 'how much extra funds, on top of the cost of the cans and UPS, did these suckers cost?' Thanks in advance for the info! :)

I received my LCD-2s at the beginning of June and paid $132 to the FedEx delivery woman, so only about $15 more than HST in Ontario.

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:43 PM Post #14,153 of 18,459
Total charges from UPS were $121.44, which is even less than the 14% tax we are supposed to have.

Quote:

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #14,154 of 18,459

Quote:
Total charges from UPS were $121.44, which is even less than the 14% tax we are supposed to have.

Do you have a breakdown of the charges? Where are you located and do you pay HST or GST+PST?

Jul 11, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #14,155 of 18,459

Quote:

You can contact fulcrumaudio.ca , Paul @ fulcrumaudio is now a canadian Audeze dealer, I just ordered a LCD2 Rev2 with leatherheadband from him at a great price. I know he has another one coming in, email him at info@fulcrumaudio.ca . Fulcrumaudio is also a sponsore here on head-fi ^^

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #14,156 of 18,459
Quote:
hey what did you mean by treating the leather?

Using some leather conditioner on it, which should soften it up. That's more to do with the skin comfort rather than pressure, but would also make sure the leather was supple before being stretched. PM MrScary to ask what he used if you'd like more info, he wasn't specific in the post.

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:09 PM Post #14,157 of 18,459
Using some leather conditioner on it, which should soften it up. That's more to do with the skin comfort rather than pressure, but would also make sure the leather was supple before being stretched. PM MrScary to ask what he used if you'd like more info, he wasn't specific in the post.

I used Leather CPR you can find it on amazon and Im sure other places its nice not greasy good stuff

http://www.leathercpr.com/leather-care/

Ive done the cups twice and the headband 3 times and they look great feel nice and soft like a babys A??

Jul 11, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #14,159 of 18,459

Yes I bent it a little right below the logo so the middle of the band lays flat and not just touching your head in the middel in one place.Now it lays across the top of my head and touches on all points and fits well. I would say inside is just a strip of metal as wide as where it connects at the blockes the metal inside is not as wide as the original band. But the leather inself is.As far as it being pernament that is something you will have to decide for your self. I have no reason to bend it back once I have it the way I like it.

Quote:
hey do you mean you straightened it on either side, right where it shows the ^ logo, instead of in the middle of the band? is this bending permanent? would you happen to know what's inside the leather?

i'm using a sennheiser hh10 headphone holder to hold the phones up at night so there's no pressure on the band when i'm not using it (although i'm considering stretching it overnight for a few days)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back