United States
Shipping details
Economy

Description Unit price Qty Amount
LCD-2 with Wood box
Item# 202 , Telephone Number: xxxxxxxxxx
$945.00 USD 1 $945.00 USD

Feb 23, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #9,827 of 18,459
I just paid for my LCD-2s, I pre-ordered December 26th, so it was just shy of 2 months.  So I guess next week I'll be officially joining the LCD-2 owner's club.  
o2smile.gif

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #9,828 of 18,459

Quote:
     Quote:

I don't know if I didn't give it enough burn-in, didn't use the right amp (Schiit Asgard), or what, but the Silver Dragon just didn't "do it" for me.  The 8-wire Norse cable sounds outstanding (except for the microphonics) and I am about to fire up the Blue Dragon that just came in.
But hey, that's why there are all these choices.
wink.gif

I am by no means criticizing the Silver Dragon.  It's an excellent cable,  just not my cup o' tea.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

No worries....but silver does take a lot longer to really burn in based on my experiences. More warmth is one thing I personally would want to add to the LCD-2s, but YMMV.
smile.gif

I found the bass tigthened up without giving anything back in terms of impact, but a pronounced improvement in the mids/treble such that I found a better sense of air/imaging. Then throw in the ergonomic benefits of this really light cable with a top notch Furutech plug and I was sold.

Feb 23, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #9,830 of 18,459
Sorry, late to this thread.

So, this headphone is on a pre-order basis, and just now shipping first lot? How long is the waiting list?

Feb 24, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #9,836 of 18,459

Quote:
Will be interesting to see if you manage to sneak these past customs as did mine when they arrived in Melb. last Dec. The package was clearly marked over $1000AUD in value but somehow they got through saving me a few hundred in additional fees.

Hmm, that's odd. Was yours over $1000 due to postage? When I emailed Audeze they told me they mark it as the cost not including postage, so with the rate our dollar is going, assuming that $945 or whatever the cost of it still converts to being under $1000 there should be no issues. What did you pay for shipping out of interest?

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #9,837 of 18,459

Quote:
Will be interesting to see if you manage to sneak these past customs as did mine when they arrived in Melb. last Dec. The package was clearly marked over $1000AUD in value but somehow they got through saving me a few hundred in additional fees.

Wait...you mean you didn't call the government and tell them about their mistake and offer up the duty?
wink_face.gif

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #9,839 of 18,459
From the description it would seem it's one or the other. If you choose the travel case, you don't get the wooden box and vice versa. You could of course additionally ask for both, but I'd imagine you will have to pay extra.

Quote:
Can you choose the get travel case only instead of the wooden box? Is there an extra cost?

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #9,840 of 18,459

Quote:
Can you choose to get the travel case only instead of the wooden box? Is there an extra cost?

At the time of payment, you are given two options, wooden box or the travel case. They both cost the same. No extra cost 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back