Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 5, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #12,466 of 18,459

Quote:
The LCD-2 should pair very well with the Beta since it's sounds great off solid state. You should look in the Cavelli EHHA as well as a DIY amp.

i´ve said many times but no one is interested.
i tried my lcd-2 with two balanced amplifiers: my beta-22 and another that i´ve sold.
with the sold amplifier the lcd-2 sound without energy and with a closed sound.
with the beta is the most incredible tha i´ve ever tried:pure energy, pure emotion.
i don´t believe that the lcd-2 play with all amplifiers.
many people say that the lcd-2  is easy to drive but I think it's a hard headphone like the he-6
aldo

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #12,469 of 18,459
Beta 22 is my first choice and is what I am going to build no matter what.  I'm thinking it would be worth the extra money to make it balanced.  When I finish the dac I'm working on it will be balanced output.  If I do it the way I want I should not need to upgrade for a very long time.

Jun 6, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #12,470 of 18,459
many people say that the lcd-2  is easy to drive but I think it's a hard headphone like the he-6
aldo

Everyone's mileage is different. I find the LCD2 sounds excellent with CEntrance DACmini while others feels that LCD2 sounds great with Stepdance, Just Audio etc. Different taste, different expectations and different ears.

Jun 6, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #12,472 of 18,459
yes this is the true but my speech was different.
i think that some parameters must be respected because audeze sound the best of their possibilities
aldo

Quote:
Quote:
aldo

Everyone's mileage is different. I find the LCD2 sounds excellent with CEntrance DACmini while others feels that LCD2 sounds great with Stepdance, Just Audio etc. Different taste, different expectations and different ears.

Jun 6, 2011 at 8:20 AM Post #12,474 of 18,459

Quote:
The left driver for my LCD-2's just failed :frowning2: Gentle use, hung on headphone stand, noticed a severe volume imbalance at first, thought it was a cable half plugged, then the left driver straight up failed. Emailed Audez'e and hopefully this will get handled.

My lcd2 left driver failed too, and i've been taking care of this baby carefully as well.
Mine is less than a month old, maybe 30+ hours of usage...

Just got an email from Alex and he is going to contact me today, hope will get replaced soon. :)

Jun 6, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #12,475 of 18,459

Quote:
i´ve said many times but no one is interested.
i tried my lcd-2 with two balanced amplifiers: my beta-22 and another that i´ve sold.
with the sold amplifier the lcd-2 sound without energy and with a closed sound.
with the beta is the most incredible tha i´ve ever tried:pure energy, pure emotion.
aldo

I thought they sounded good from most of the amps I had them paired with. They are extremely transparent headphones that makes it easy to differentiate the differences between rigs. I thought the Lyr with stock tubes was the only amp where they sounded like crap.

Jun 6, 2011 at 12:15 PM Post #12,476 of 18,459

Quote:
I thought the Lyr with stock tubes was the only amp where they sounded like crap.

It was a bad combo with Amperex gold-pin 6922s as well.

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #12,478 of 18,459
Wonderful! FedEx have delivered my replacement LCD's to my friends box in WA, not just got to wait for him to go down this week and pick them up!

Jun 6, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #12,479 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:

It was a bad combo with Amperex gold-pin 6922s as well.

you had two nasty sets of tubes there for the Lyr meets the LCD-2

Yeah that's the ticket, it must have been the tubes 
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back