Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Nov 15, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #6,619 of 18,459

Quote:
I find it interesting that he says the LCD-2 is the better with aggressive music, and the HE-6 better with slow-medium paced music. I would have thought with the LCD-2s relaxed sound it would have been the other way around.

I guess the extra treble the HE6 might have would make aggressive music sound too aggressive. Following the same reasoning for the LCD2, its more laid back character make harsh music sound better, which I completely agree with having heard the Audez'e.

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:23 AM Post #6,620 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:
Why did you have to send them back?

The top part of the right pad had almost no padding and suctioned my ear creating an unbalanced sound. Then it started making something like a farting noise.

Wondering how that passed QC. Aren't they supposed to be measured and graphed after they're build? Seriously?

Quote:
JIGF said:

Quote:
tisb0b said:

Why did you have to send them back?

The top part of the right pad had almost no padding and suctioned my ear creating an unbalanced sound. Then it started making something like a farting noise.

Looking forward to this. Farting is considered fun in my family.

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:32 AM Post #6,621 of 18,459

Quote:
http://www.headfonia.com/hifiman-he-6-vs-audeze-lcd-2/

"LCD-2 low frequency cut off"

I loled so hard.

Can't see how the HE-6 would do better in classical due to lower bass extension... I mean yes, lower extension could indeed help... but he says the LCD-2 go lower, and HE-6 have more midbass... man this review is making me dizzy. Definitely not his best!

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:43 AM Post #6,622 of 18,459

Quote:
In comparison to dynamic kings, the planars clearly fall short on many technicalities (except transients). However, while the HD800 and the T1 can be likened to automobiles like the McLaren F1 and Ferrari Enzo, the planars were more like a Corvette and a 911. You can take a Corvette and have fun with it on regular roads, where the F1 and the Enzo needs a proper road, supporting crew, a good skilled driver before you can see their true potential. 

What a very strange analogy.  

Nov 15, 2010 at 4:48 AM Post #6,623 of 18,459
I thought maybe it was me but that review was/is peculiar and frankly, though I don't care to quote the sections, doesn't make a lot of sense for the most part. 

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:03 AM Post #6,626 of 18,459

Quote:
He conflicts himself... saying the LCD-2 go lower then he says the HE-6 have deeper bass extension.  Like What...

Sounds like he is on the same island as me. Many things don't make any sense here. But you would have to be living here to understand. So maybe we would have to be in his place to know what he is talking about but I don't want to go there either since I am already here. 

Now does that make sense. lol

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:08 AM Post #6,627 of 18,459
Okay, so I'm not alone in thinking that review sounded crazy.  There were just so many conflicts and it was all over the place.  I can't say anything about the T1 (not enough time) and I have not heard the HE6.  But between the LCD2 and the HD800, there wasn't much of a contest for me.

This part "a good skilled driver before you can see their true potential" came across as rather arrogant.  Which I find laughable in the face of the contractions.

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #6,628 of 18,459

Quote:

Still, not as strange as mine:

"... would you say that if you were in a forest the HE6 would only express the zonifications that surround you but not its predominant and minor species? or that it would only express the predominant and minor species but not the zonifications?"

Nov 15, 2010 at 5:42 AM Post #6,629 of 18,459

Quote:
Quote:

Still, not as strange as mine:

"... would you say that if you were in a forest the HE6 would only express the zonifications that surround you but not its predominant and minor species? or that it would only express the predominant and minor species but not the zonifications?"

oh, am I the only one that was not aware of the competition to have the most obscure and dumb analogy? Wouldn't wanna be left out... :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back