Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Nov 10, 2010 at 10:36 AM Post #6,497 of 18,459

Quote:
How many LCD-2 owners are planning on getting the HE-6?

I am trying to make my mind up... lots of conflicting impressions, but then again there always are.

The soundstage ones really boggle mind though... either "bigger than HD 800" or "unremarkable" lol...

The LCD-2 being my first planar, I am much more excited about this new planer than the new dynamics. Call me a convert :p.

I haven't noticed anyone say bigger than HD800, that would be ridiculous. Some of the most recent comments said soundstage was not as big as HD800, but equal or slightly bigger than HD600, which should put it somewhere near LCD-2 range.

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #6,498 of 18,459
Nov 10, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #6,499 of 18,459
Hello:

I'm new as of a couple of days ago.

I know I'm in the wrong thread for this question, but I need direction.  I sent a pm yesterday and could not because it said that I had sent my allotment for the day.  But now it is the next day and it still says the same.  I cannot send my pm.  Can someone tell me if there is an administrator to this site.

Thanks,

Chuck

Nov 10, 2010 at 11:19 AM Post #6,500 of 18,459

Quote:
Hello:

I'm new as of a couple of days ago.

I know I'm in the wrong thread for this question, but I need direction.  I sent a pm yesterday and could not because it said that I had sent my allotment for the day.  But now it is the next day and it still says the same.  I cannot send my pm.  Can someone tell me if there is an administrator to this site.

Thanks,

Chuck

Working on it Chuck...
Kevin

Nov 10, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #6,503 of 18,459
Nov 10, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #6,504 of 18,459
They didn't say anything about the sound in that review.  Still good publicity for Audeze, but I don't understand these kinds of reviews that go on and on about build quality and fail to mention anything about it's purpose.  It's not a couch, it's a pair of headphones.

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #6,505 of 18,459

Quote:
They didn't say anything about the sound in that review.  Still good publicity for Audeze, but I don't understand these kinds of reviews that go on and on about build quality and fail to mention anything about it's purpose.  It's not a couch, it's a pair of headphones.

It is not a completed review, it is a preview/beginning of the upcoming review... not that I can claim that the full review will be any better in that regard, but you should at least give him a chance to finish it before passing judgement.

Nov 10, 2010 at 3:52 PM Post #6,507 of 18,459

Quote:
That may have sounded more harsh than I intended.  It was well written and fun to read, I was just left scratching my head a bit...

That did make me laugh, it's not a couch. lol

Ain't audio fun? Hey there goes another fishing boat. Two big Yamaha outboards. They go for tuna and Marlin here. 

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #6,509 of 18,459

Quote:
I haven't noticed anyone say bigger than HD800, that would be ridiculous. Some of the most recent comments said soundstage was not as big as HD800, but equal or slightly bigger than HD600, which should put it somewhere near LCD-2 range.

i'm pretty sure I read immtbiker say that... or atleast say they were on par... I could be wrong.

Nov 10, 2010 at 4:11 PM Post #6,510 of 18,459

Quote:
If you like brighter sound, go for the HE6. That thing has a high to die for, the best I've heard yet in headphones so far. If you like it darker, go for the LCD2. 

Different stroke for different people. 

Different strokes for different folks :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back