Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jun 26, 2010 at 9:26 PM Post #2,056 of 18,459

Quote:

That's how the Audez'e differs from the 800...everything is highlighted evenly (with balance true to itself), rather than the 800 spot-lighting. Now the 800's are gone my ears have stopped ringing! Damn phone was making me deaf, you need to maintain a higher level for any semblance of balance from the 800....

Huh?  Oh that woke me up in my constant reading of this thread.  Can't wait to hear the LCD-2s at a meet and spend more money.  But that is not what woke me.  It was the part about having to listen at higher levels to get balance from the 800s. That is not my experience.  I listen at pretty low levels normally and I find the 800s to have great balance.  Hmmm.  Ringing?   Guess we all hear things differently, hopefully the LCD-2s will be different enough that i won't like them then i won't be forced to buy them.

Turn those things down trying to get balance out of em will ya, your waking the baby!
wink_face.gif

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM Post #2,057 of 18,459

Quote:
The point I think I have to reiterate is that "natural" is among most descriptions that people glean from exposure to the Audez'e. Naturalness is emotive in that demonstrates soul or essence of the Musical message. That's the Audez'e (properly powered of course), and with worthy source and material, strives to maintain that stance regardless of genre. Bond with the material when possible, not a special coloration.

Huh?

Jun 26, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #2,058 of 18,459
I think what I liked best about Stax is the "out of head" experience, they do sound more like speakers. Then again, I never heard the LCD-2 driven out of a worthy amp. 

I've only listened to the Lambda's and never really cared for its tone and that midrange "etch". The fact that you need a dedicated amp was another turn off for me.  

Jun 26, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #2,059 of 18,459
Jun 27, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #2,063 of 18,459

Quote:

What don't you understand? His post was clear.

Sure wasn´t... Alan tried to include as many fancy words as possible in that post :D

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #2,064 of 18,459
Jun 27, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #2,065 of 18,459

Quote:
I didnt get it either - care to explain?

Quote:

They sound awesomezz!!!!

Pretty much.

I think what he was trying to convey is that one of the LCD-2's key strengths is their natural presentation and transparency. These qualities allow one to focus more on the inherent emotion and expressiveness of the music recording rather than the coloration/sound signature of the headphone...(and because of this, the Audez'e isn't restricted to/suited for only a small subset of genres like many other headphones are.)

Correct me if I'm wrong Alan.

Jun 27, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #2,066 of 18,459

Quote:

Pretty much.

I think what he was trying to convey is that one of the LCD-2's key strengths is their natural presentation and transparency. These qualities allow one to focus more on the inherent emotion and expressiveness of the music recording rather than the coloration/sound signature of the headphone...(and because of this, the Audez'e isn't restricted to/suited for only a small subset of genres like many other headphones are.)

Correct me if I'm wrong Alan.

Give that man a Cigar! The Audez'e does a better job of it's own description than I ever could...so does Shahrose. I just read back through it and it makes sense to me...of course I wrote it. Don't kill the messenger! I shouldn't drink in the afternoon, I'd be awake right now.

Jun 27, 2010 at 4:34 AM Post #2,068 of 18,459

PS awfull

If your pointing to ONE example...what I'm thinking is that you enjoyed the coloration provided, by the over-resonant/prominent nature of the PS-1000 on a particular piece of material. It tickled your ear fancy....and you have to determine whats natural for you. That's my opinion! And it will differ form yours...that's what makes it interesting!

I have done many examples with the LCD and i know the purity what the PS shows against LCD. Its quite simple,take 256 files against
Flac or Wav.The PS shows the difference very clearly but LCD dont,on LCD even 256 are nice but with PS unlistenable.Or a recording where many mics are used on singers for instance Meredith Monk works ,there are many singers but sombody only whispers on the backstage,its clear with the PS but on LCD you hardly get it.Or on a recording where a singer between the words is licking hes lips its clear with PS but i dont get the last info of that licking with LCD etc.Anyway its possible that when changing the stock cable i get the last info.I wish i would have Stax Omega to compare.This is very subtle information and in practise it has no meaning because the LCD overall performance is way above what i have ever heard from any phone .

Jun 27, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #2,069 of 18,459
Lots of phones have very evident peaks in those sonic regions which puts those noises  to the fore, when in reality they may be down in the mix. Many phones sound bright and are sibilant where the LCD is not. Lots of times I think it's frequency emphasis, rather than true detail retrieval that's going on. Given the average Grado spike, I'd be quite surprised if you didn't hear all those little things getting thrust in your face :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back