Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Sep 9, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #17,821 of 18,459

Quote:
WA - Don't waste your time there.  It is time far better spent listening to music.  Actually, that I think of it, it'd be better spent watching grass grow, so if that's an option, choose the grass.  If there's no grass in that desert you live in then alternatively you can watch the paint peel instead of wasting time posting and arguing in Sound Science. 

I think you are correct.  I took a look in there and realized it is completely populated with beings who absolutely, positively, unquestionably, do not trust their ears in any situation whatsoever.  It even appears they need scientific proof from technical measurements, graphs and so forth that music is actually proven to be music.

No grass of the mowing variety here. Just painted the interior of the home so that won't be pealing anytime soon, so I guess that leaves me with watching the cactus grow.

Sep 9, 2011 at 10:08 PM Post #17,822 of 18,459

Quote:
WA - Don't waste your time there.  It is time far better spent listening to music.  Actually, that I think of it, it'd be better spent watching grass grow, so if that's an option, choose the grass.  If there's no grass in that desert you live in then alternatively you can watch the paint peel instead of wasting time posting and arguing in Sound Science. 

Lol, that is one thing that I left out: discussions do tend to get a bit circular over there 
devil_face.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #17,823 of 18,459
I am a planar speaker guy from the old days -- Maggies and Apogee ribbon/planar are fond memories in my audio rap sheet.  I am thinking of trying the LCD-2's for my home rig.  Am I correct in guessing that running them though a Meier Concerto should be simpatico?  Transparency squared?

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #17,824 of 18,459

Quote:
I am a planar speaker guy from the old days -- Maggies and Apogee ribbon/planar are fond memories in my audio rap sheet.  I am thinking of trying the LCD-2's for my home rig.  Am I correct in guessing that running them though a Meier Concerto should be simpatico?  Transparency squared?

There is nothing between you and the music.

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #17,825 of 18,459

Quote:
There is nothing between you and the music.

Thanks, man.  Your response is succinct and strikes my central auditory nerve. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #17,826 of 18,459

Quote:
Thanks, man.  Your response is succinct and strikes my central auditory nerve. 
biggrin.gif

I try to keep my responses appropriate to the information required.

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #17,827 of 18,459
Aren't the reviews pretty mixed for the LCD-2/Concerto combo?

Sep 10, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #17,828 of 18,459
Sep 10, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #17,829 of 18,459

Quote:
Who made those aluminum grills for the LCD-2's a while back that was shown in this thread?

Anyone remember? It was a Head-Fi member with 100+ status, and he is a MOT (i think...). There is a picture posted a while back

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:13 AM Post #17,832 of 18,459

Quote:

Not familiar with the Meier but I am very familiar with Maggies and Apogee's, and extremely familiar with Martin Logan CLS II's.  I see you have the Arcici stands.  Nice.

The LCD's will seem faster than the Maggies, not as cold as the Apogee's smooth yet silvery sheen, and more like the CLS II's in many ways.  In fact for me they are as if I was wearing two CLS II's on my head (talk about weight)

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:29 AM Post #17,834 of 18,459

Quote:

Not familiar with the Meier but I am very familiar with Maggies and Apogee's, and extremely familiar with Martin Logan CLS II's.  I see you have the Arcici stands.  Nice.

The LCD's will seem faster than the Maggies, not as cold as the Apogee's smooth yet silvery sheen, and more like the CLS II's in many ways.  In fact for me they are as if I was wearing two CLS II's on my head (talk about weight)

Thanks for the descriptions.  I have to think, since they are magnetic planar design, the LCD-2's do not have as wide impedance swings as ELS and should be less voltage sensitive than ELS.  Again, I know nothing about this in terms of headphones, but have decades of experience with speakers.   I would love to try the LCD's, but if my Concerto will not work well, I will have to put the idea on hold.

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #17,835 of 18,459

Quote:
Thanks for the descriptions.  I have to think, since they are magnetic planar design, the LCD-2's do not have as wide impedance swings as ELS and should be less voltage sensitive than ELS.  Again, I know nothing about this in terms of headphones, but have decades of experience with speakers.   I would love to try the LCD's, but if my Concerto will not work well, I will have to put the idea on hold.

Maybe someone can answer those question in this thread for you.

Oh how I miss my CLS II's.  Selling them is confirmation that I am an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back