Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 13, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #16,756 of 18,459
Aug 13, 2011 at 5:00 PM Post #16,757 of 18,459
Derailment can have a fine line that branches outward and away from the main topic but is still valid in many cases.  In the case of the posts concerning  white or pink noise it does relate back to the question of what people are using or prefer to use to burn in their LCD's and whether or not those methods or signals used are helpful or harmful.   

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #16,758 of 18,459

Quote:
Question: Is White Noise the same as radio static?
Answer: No - radio static is just that - random static. It does not cover the entire audio spectrum nor is it consistent enough to be used practically for measurements. White Noise is random equally over the 20 - 20khz spectrum and has a 'smooth' color, as opposed to the cracking and popping associated with radio noise.

http://www.rainfall.com/cdroms/cat2.htm

Quote:
The energy distribution from FM interstation noise most closely resembles white noise and if you keep volume levels at or below what you can comfortable listen to, you'll have no problems.  I personally like to use music better for burn-in.

Quote:
Wiki is obviously referring to AM interstation noise and in the strictest sense, not in generalities.  Read my post again, I think you must have missed most of it.

I was thinking the same thing, that you may have missed mine
cool.gif

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #16,760 of 18,459
Gosh, golly gee, somehow I must have missed all of that in the preceding posts. 
tongue_smile.gif

All subtleties aside, are you guys asking for the thread to be closed?  Serious question.  If you want it left open, that's fine too.

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #16,761 of 18,459
I've mostly stopped reading it myself...it moves way too fast.

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #16,762 of 18,459

Quote:
Can't wait to order these!!! i'm just holding out for Fulcrum Audio (a Canadian distributor) to put them up on their website... I spoke to their customer service and they said they'd be carrying them and will have them on their site "hopefully this week."

I'm mighty tempted to just order these directly from Audez'e given that the Canadian/US exchange rate is so nuts right now. The only thing holding me back are the brokerage fees.

Do any fellow canucks remember what the brokerage fees were on these babies?

Noticed these are now listed on the Fulcrum Audio Website ($995.00 CDN + taxes).

Aug 13, 2011 at 5:57 PM Post #16,765 of 18,459
regarding cabling for an lcd2 specifically for a sr71b:

the plugs that plug into the drivers: - 3 prong mini xlr female?
if i wanted the cable to ter,inate with a mini xlr would it still be 3 pin?
the idea would be so that it could be have adaptor patch cables -  either mini xlr to RSE, or mini xlr to 1/4" adaptor cables so that i could use the lcd 2 on both a sr71b, and a normal amp by just switching out cable ends.

thanks all

relally hoping to acquire these soon and start listening and making cables

Aug 13, 2011 at 6:04 PM Post #16,766 of 18,459

Quote:
Is this the largest thread on head-fi?

The Stax thread has over 900 thousand reads right now but this one has more replies. 

Aug 13, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #16,767 of 18,459
if there's any useful information it's buried very very deep in this mutated thread...
confused_face.gif

I want some rev.1/2 comparisons but I don't have enough time to dig here. My vacation is only two weeks long.

Aug 13, 2011 at 7:12 PM Post #16,768 of 18,459

I vote leave it open. Personally I find it valuable - though I agree with Rob it moves darn fast! - and well-behaved overall.
Quote:
All subtleties aside, are you guys asking for the thread to be closed?  Serious question.  If you want it left open, that's fine too.

Aug 13, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #16,770 of 18,459

Personally I don't find the LCD2 (rev1) a "bright" 'phone, and from what I understand from those who own the rev2 it's not "brighter" but more extended (among other things). The bass and midrange are so well fleshed out the overall balance is often described as "natural", presenting lots of textural and timbral detail.

Have you tried "search this thread" - it's the option third from the left right under the thread name near top of each page. Words like "rev2" or maybe just "rev" might get you some useful comparisons, of which there are many.
Quote:
if there's any useful information it's buried very very deep in this mutated thread... 
confused_face.gif
I want some rev.1/2 comparisons but I don't have enough time to dig here. My vacation is only two weeks long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back