Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 12, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #16,729 of 18,459
Unless I'm wearing headphones incorrectly, contacts shouldn't get in the way.  Also, I'd be interested in a sound engineer's opinion on cables.

Aug 12, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #16,730 of 18,459
yea its not that bad, and these frames I actually got for these headphones have been the best thus far.(paying almost $1000 for headphones my old plastic frames that would eventually cut into the leather were not going to do)

Though I actually found the plastic frames to be more comfy over prolonged use.

I wish I had the scheduele to use contacts but those things leave you vulnerable if you wanna stay somewhere.  And laser surgery is yesterday, since new technology probably won't have to damage the eye.

Quote:

FWIW, I do find the leather handband a bit better with my glasses.

Aug 12, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #16,731 of 18,459
I was having some issues with my glasses also. I'm going to put the leather headband on them when I get the back from Audeze and see if that helps. If not, small price to pay.

I'm really curious about the cable testing too. When are we going to see some results?

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #16,732 of 18,459

Quote:
A few bad experiences with broken tweeters and white noise, obviously a headphone driver is not the same as a tweeter thus "will potentially damage" instead "will damage". Still I think it's a good precaution to take.

Don't confuse HF energy and crossover driven multi-way speakers and a single driver planar magnetic headphone driver.  There is no relationship.  If you're interested in finding out why, PM me.

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #16,733 of 18,459

Quote:
Unless I'm wearing headphones incorrectly, contacts shouldn't get in the way.  Also, I'd be interested in a sound engineer's opinion on cables.

Other than brief subjective impressions, let's save the technical wherewithal on cable sound for the sound science forum or PMs please.

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:30 PM Post #16,737 of 18,459

Quote:
my god this thread gets a lot of posts..

Yes, we are a lively passionate group. 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM Post #16,738 of 18,459
well.. i've owned thunderpants orthos, and they sounded amazing, and i know quite a few people that i trust that have also owned the pants, as well as LCD2's and they all agree the 2's are better and many say the best around, so i understand the obsession. 

Aug 13, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #16,739 of 18,459

Quote:
yea its not that bad, and these frames I actually got for these headphones have been the best thus far.(paying almost $1000 for headphones my old plastic frames that would eventually cut into the leather were not going to do)

Though I actually found the plastic frames to be more comfy over prolonged use.

I wish I had the scheduele to use contacts but those things leave you vulnerable if you wanna stay somewhere.  And laser surgery is yesterday, since new technology probably won't have to damage the eye.

What do you mean? 

Aug 13, 2011 at 2:12 AM Post #16,740 of 18,459

Quote:
I have both headbands and personally with the leather headband I can't wear the cans for more than an hour. With the foam all day isn't an issue.

The leather definitely looks better though.

I like the look of the leather too. Just curious, do you have a full head of hair or is there some skin up there?

Quote:
How is the LCD's bass vs the pro 900's

I had the 900's for awhile, the bass is pretty punchy for an initial wow factor but then it wears off quickly. Comparing its bass to the LCD-2's is like comparing a standup bass to a trucker horn.

Quote:
My main LCD-2 nemesis are my glasses.  They are super thin and super flexible so no gaps can be created but sometimes you can feel your glasses on your face with the clamp of the LCD-2 and all headphones for that matter.  When oh when will someone make audiophile glasses that don't require you get a nose piercing.

I had that issue with my original-issue LCD-2, I would get headaches quickly from the pressure on my temples. I would have bent the headband out but I sold them off instead and don't have a problem with my current rev.1 from the end of last year.

If you don't want to bend the headband, the glasses you are looking for do exist but the fangs are optional:

Quote:
my god this thread gets a lot of posts..

It can be hard to keep up, multi-quoting is the only way to go sometimes
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back