Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Aug 1, 2011 at 4:30 PM Post #15,916 of 18,459
Quote:
Two points/questions on the comfort of the LCD-2 with the leather headband:

Where on your head do you find the most comfortable position for the LCD-2 headband? 
When I place the headband over the 'mid-brain' area, midway between the top of my forehead and the top-back corner of my head, I find the back-edge of the headband digs in to my head slightly. Placing the headband over the top and back of my head seems a bit more comfortable for me.

I never had many comfort issues with the metal/foam headband, but I'm finding the clamping force of the leather headband a bit much at times, to the point that I feel it necessary to remove the LCD-2. I never felt I had to take off the metal/foam headband version for that reason. Have you guys found the clamping force of the leather headband LCD-2 reduces with time? Have you found/would you recommend stretching the leather headband to make the LCD-2 more comfortable?

I'm finding the clamping force to be decreasing as I use a flower vase/stand to stretch the headband in-between listening session.

Any more thoughts on headband positioning relative to comfort? 

Aug 1, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #15,917 of 18,459
depends on the electronic, if it has vocals , then lcd is the way.

do you consider this electronic?

Aug 1, 2011 at 4:37 PM Post #15,918 of 18,459
Brian Eno, Bluetech, Shulman, Omnimotion, Ishq, Anahata, Zen Mechanics, Jirah, Sub6, Cord, Evle, Vataff, Hibernation, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Coil, Dub trees, Suns of Arqa, Ahnst Anders, Astralasia, Optic eye, Digital Mystery, Tosca, Amorphous Androgynous, Makyo,  Amon Tobin, Red Snapper, Tummy Drums, Ekko, Mere Mortals, Eat Static, Mystical Sun, Adam Shaikh, Gaudi, C418, Black Antlers, Autechre, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Abakus, Drum Druid, Extrawelt, Aphex Twins, Biser Angelov, Sasha, Tipper, U-ziq, The Experiment, Project Lithium, Ott, Orb, Modeselektor, Bill Laswell, Bombay Dub Orchestra,      

Some of the electronica I listen to.  It's all good on the LCD.  Maybe it sounds better on other cans I don't know but it sounds excellent with the LCD-2 r.2.

Aug 1, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #15,919 of 18,459
stuff like this sound better on my pro 900s

Aug 1, 2011 at 4:55 PM Post #15,920 of 18,459
aphex twin - come to daddy   ---> im grabbing pro 900s

aphex twin  - Acrid Avid Jam Shred  --->  im grabbing LCD's

Aug 1, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #15,921 of 18,459

Quote:
Brian Eno, Bluetech, Shulman, Omnimotion, Ishq, Anahata, Zen Mechanics, Jirah, Sub6, Cord, Evle, Vataff, Hibernation, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Coil, Dub trees, Suns of Arqa, Ahnst Anders, Astralasia, Optic eye, Digital Mystery, Tosca, Amorphous Androgynous, Makyo,  Amon Tobin, Red Snapper, Tummy Drums, Ekko, Mere Mortals, Eat Static, Mystical Sun, Adam Shaikh, Gaudi, C418, Black Antlers, Autechre, Kruder & Dorfmeister, Abakus, Drum Druid, Extrawelt, Aphex Twins, Biser Angelov, Sasha, Tipper, U-ziq, The Experiment, Project Lithium, Ott, Orb, Modeselektor, Bill Laswell, Bombay Dub Orchestra,      

Some of the electronica I listen to.  It's all good on the LCD.  Maybe it sounds better on other cans I don't but it sounds excellent with the LCD-2 r.2.

I'm listening to Pure with Mystical Sun right now, magical track. 
cool.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #15,924 of 18,459
^^warrior ant started that thread lmao

Aug 1, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #15,926 of 18,459
1) Clamping force on leather headband/Rev2 - you big headed people think it's all about you! I love it. Much better than the Rev 1 for me. It's easier to stretch out than make loose floppy tighter. Take it from a pinhead.
2) Electronic on LCD-2 Rev 1 or Rev 2. Great! If you are totally keyed into a specific genre (I'm thinking hip hop, Dr. Dre) there are phones for that. I have phones that make my Jean-Michel Jarre sound livelier, but my LCD-2's paint the whole picture, and I find I like that better. They have thump and warmth in spades. I know some phones make electronic music sound like it was entirely created on 80's FM Synths, but these don't do that.
3) Weight? Neck pain? I totally don't get this. I don't have arthritis or neck problems so maybe I'm privileged. They just don't seem that heavy to me. A motorcycle helmet, even a half-helmet, is MASSIVELY heavier. To me, they are about the equivalent of a felt cowboy hat. 

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #15,927 of 18,459
Try IE 8 or Monster turbine Gold first and have a feel of how can bass in IEMs blow your face off 
biggrin.gif
.. But I agree for IEMs. neutral bass like JH 13 will be just great.

Quote:
I would like to get a good IEM at some point. How does the bass in a good IEM compare to the bass in the LCD-2?

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #15,929 of 18,459
It might.

For critical listening one of the problems with most if not all IEMs is 'microphonics'. There is never a completely black background since one can always hear one's breathing, heart beating, creaking bones
biggrin.gif
and other movements in the background.

I love them for music on the go though.

Aug 2, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #15,930 of 18,459
I tried a custom IEM for awhile and never could quite get used to it in my ear physically, I even sent it back for a re-fit to no avail. But I don't seem to have the same comfort-related issues with the universal-fit models, there are many fine examples of those as well and not only are they less expensive, but if you decide to sell them off it's easier to recover a greater portion of your investment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back