Audeze LCD-2 Orthos
Jul 19, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #15,076 of 18,459

Quote:
These headphones are absolute bliss. I thank this thread and all of the head-fiers that contributed to the reviews and what-not. It was a hefty price, and I probably wouldn't have bought them had I not seen all the rave reviews and praise. My library of music's never sounded so great
smily_headphones1.gif

Impressions out of the box weren't groundbreaking... In fact it was actually a little disappointing, but after having gotten used to them over the past week, it's just been a bit of nirvana everytime I put em on.

Cheers to Audeze! It feels great and sounds great to have and listen to a work of art.

Congratulations!  Good that you enjoy them and that you're discovering new stuff in your "old" material. 
beerchug.gif

And if anyone in the Seattle area is curious about hearing LCD-2's (rev1, rev2, rev1.5, whatever), we'll probably have several of them at the Seattle meet coming up next month.

Jul 19, 2011 at 3:23 AM Post #15,078 of 18,459

Quote:
Is there much difference in weight between the LCD-2 with metal headband and the LCD-2 with the leather headband?

I do not notice whatever minor weight difference there may be.  That said, they occur to me as heavy cans, and I am never NOT aware that they are there.  In sharp contrast to the comfort of, say, HD800's which I found I hardly noticed when they were on, and are probably the most comfortable cans I've owned. 

Jul 19, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #15,079 of 18,459
I also think this a poorly recorded album, almost to the point on being unlistenable.
But I have the CD version, I believe there is a SACD release also that could sound better.

Quote:
Interesting - I enjoy the content - her songwriting and her lovely voice.  But that recording has always sounded rather harsh to me...rather peaky...rev 1....rev 2....or speakers...doesn't matter...the recording just sounds bad to me for the most part.  I'm not a recording engineer so don't know how to define it, but it sounds to me like the recording is exceeding the limits of the hardware...like the meters are spending more time in the red than below.  Some cuts are worse than others, but I would never have described it the way you are experiencing it.  The third cut, Cold Cold Heart, is probably the best sounding, but there too, the piano notes sound like their pushing the limits, but her voice sounds best in this cut and far superior to the previous two.   I just have the standard CD - I don't know if there were any other editions released or remastered.  Maybe I did a bad rip - it was one I ripped early on...I'm going to have to revisit this as it's a pleasant enough album.  Anyone else relate to this description, or do others feel this is a well-recorded album?

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #15,080 of 18,459
I think the choice between r1 and r2 is also related to the lisening level:
People who likes to cranck up up the volume a bit will prefer the r1, Fletcher-Munson curve playing a role here.
So flat FR is also a question of level.
Personnaly I like to tickle my ears occasionnaly, so I am more on the dark side
ph34r.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 5:58 AM Post #15,081 of 18,459
Any one used a double helix on your LCD-2? can you share some impression? if possible a little comparison with silver cable would be nice : )

Best

Jul 19, 2011 at 6:43 AM Post #15,084 of 18,459

Quote:
I wanna ask LCD-2 users about leakage. I know they leak a lot, but can you hear the sound in another room for example? Some video would be cool 
tongue.gif

I can hear mine playing in a different room, although there is no other ambient sound.

If somebody is in another room watching TV with the door shut I can't imagine it'll be a problem. If they were reading and the door was open though...would probably be annoying.

Jul 19, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #15,085 of 18,459
yeah they do sound like a little speaker almost, which sometimes bugs my fiancee so I have to keep a pair of MDR-Z1000 (closed) for those occasions.

Jul 19, 2011 at 8:13 AM Post #15,086 of 18,459
If you close the door to the room you are in, then no. If it's open then yes, you would be able to hear them from the other room.

Unless of course you listen very loud, then a bit would leak through the door as well.

Quote:
I wanna ask LCD-2 users about leakage. I know they leak a lot, but can you hear the sound in another room for example? Some video would be cool 
tongue.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #15,087 of 18,459
Noob questions about wood and leather care...

What's the easiest/cleanest/safest way to apply that wood oil stuff that comes with the LCD-2?

Also, any UK owners here that can recommend a leather care product for the pads?

I asked a guy in a shoe repair place earlier because I thought he might know something about leather goods and he looked at me like I had two heads.
blink.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #15,088 of 18,459
Yeah this one is good

http://furnitureclinic.co.uk/Leather_Care_Kit.php

I hv tried it

Quote:

What's the easiest/cleanest/safest way to apply that wood oil stuff that comes with the LCD-2?

Also, any UK owners here that can recommend a leather care product for the pads?

I asked a guy in a shoe repair place earlier because I thought he might know something about leather goods and he looked at me like I had two heads.
blink.gif

Jul 19, 2011 at 9:29 AM Post #15,089 of 18,459

blink.gif

Leather CPR is great stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back