Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM Post #1,201 of 13,139
Get em all at once. Get used to them. Then realize u cant get rid of any of them:wink:

+1

i have all 3 and i can't get rid of them.

In respect to lows, bass department, would you say the HD800 or T1 are better. I really would like to get one of these. The LCD 2 are just too damn heavy. Used my HD 595 for the past few days while I waited on a replacement cable for my LCD 2 and my neck feels better all of a sudden. Im leaning towards the HD 800 just because I liked the 595 and 650 so much. I feel like you cant go wrong with Senns. 

May 22, 2013 at 6:57 PM Post #1,202 of 13,139
Quote:

+1

i have all 3 and i can't get rid of them.

What do you enjoy most about the T1s that you can't get with the LCD2 or 800s? I'm asking because I have both the LCD2 and the 800, but I have never heard the T1. It's hard for me to imagine that there is some void that needs to be filled between them. However, at one point I thought I would only need the LCD2s. How wrong I was.

May 22, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #1,203 of 13,139
Quote:
What do you enjoy most about the T1s that you can't get with the LCD2 or 800s? I'm asking because I have both the LCD2 and the 800, but I have never heard the T1. It's hard for me to imagine that there is some void that needs to be filled between them. However, at one point I thought I would only need the LCD2s. How wrong I was.

they're just fun, yet very clear and detailed sounding, while not being too wide or too closed in, they're great all rounders and i find their sound signature to be very well balanced and natural. their treble might be a little bright for some people, but i find the mids to be warmer and the soundstage isn't as wide as HD 800, sometimes hd 800s have a soundstage that sounds a little too wide and makes things sound unnaturally separated. i wouldn't say that theres a void, but the T1 are certainly different from HD 800s and LCD-2. 

Quote:
In respect to lows, bass department, would you say the HD800 or T1 are better. I really would like to get one of these. The LCD 2 are just too damn heavy. Used my HD 595 for the past few days while I waited on a replacement cable for my LCD 2 and my neck feels better all of a sudden. Im leaning towards the HD 800 just because I liked the 595 and 650 so much. I feel like you cant go wrong with Senns. 

HD 800 have the better bass, but the T1 has a slight boost in the sub-bass and i find the bass to have a slightly slower decay. the HD 800 seems to have the better impact and slam though. both go very deep and have great extension and control/tightness. both have great bass.

May 22, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #1,204 of 13,139
Quote:

they're just fun, yet very clear and detailed sounding, while not being too wide or too closed in, they're great all rounders and i find their sound signature to be very well balanced and natural. their treble might be a little bright for some people, but i find the mids to be warmer and the soundstage isn't as wide as HD 800, sometimes hd 800s have a soundstage that sounds a little too wide and makes things sound unnaturally separated.

I'm a fan of both phones, but I do prefer the treble on the T1 at the moment.  If i had to come up with a descriptor of the difference in treble...the HD800's is like crystalline clear while the T1's sound like butter (very present and you think its going to be fatiguing but its just smooth).

May 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #1,205 of 13,139
Thanks Everyone! Just bought a pair of HD 800 from amazon. Idk if I'm going to keep them but i want to get a comparison with the LCD 2 for myself. They should arrive Friday, Ill let you guys know what I think. How much burn in time should I give the HD800?

May 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #1,206 of 13,139
Thanks Everyone! Just bought a pair of HD 800 from amazon. Idk if I'm going to keep them but i want to get a comparison with the LCD 2 for myself. They should arrive Friday, Ill let you guys know what I think. How much burn in time should I give the HD800?

896 hours or so

May 23, 2013 at 6:46 AM Post #1,208 of 13,139
Quote:

Congratulations! Please post your opinion here on head-fi, I am interested in what you think... I certainly have my own opinion but I still enjoy reading different takes on those two!

May 23, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #1,209 of 13,139
I love the LCD2's and think they deserve to be right up there. But the HD800's are a clear upgrade in every way. The problem with the LCD2's is that they are limited. Limited to small ensemble music, because anything that requires a big space (like orchestral) they struggle. Brilliant for Jazz and Rock. Also techno and other repetitive beat music. They really thump the music home. They deliver a musical experience that doesn't require the best dac or amp for it to shine. It's not a technical headphone. Its fun! The HD800 is more of a technical hifi experience, in that it makes you appreciate the sound quality more. A true audiophile headphone. Balanced from top to bottom. It acts as a window on your source, so if you have a bright clinical source then it will sound like that. Mine sound as warm as my old 650's on my midprice set up, and its solid state. Don't go reading into they need tubes or high end gear to shine blah de blah.... because its BS.   Plug them into any reasonable set up and they will still sound better than any cheaper headphone you have tried. 

If I could afford to own both headphones I would. But I listen to classical mostly and there isn't a headphone out there that can beat the Senn's in that department. And if I get told otherwise, then I simply won't believe you :D

May 23, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #1,210 of 13,139
Is the HD800 better than the LCD-3 at classical music?

May 23, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #1,211 of 13,139
Quote:
Is the HD800 better than the LCD-3 at classical music?

Yes. And I haven't even heard the LCD3's 
size]

May 23, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #1,214 of 13,139
HD800 must be clearly better than LCD-3 for classical... Much better soundstage, better acoustic instruments. Well, I prefer HD800 for every single genre to be honest.

I told Lugbug1 that HD800 are clearly better (than LCD-2)... He seems to understand now ,-)

May 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #1,215 of 13,139
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubstep Girl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
896 hours or so

Im really into Rush right now, always, and forever....well anyway, I hope the HD800 can compliment songs that the ortho makes my head 
size]
. Thanks for the info. 800+ hours burn time must be where the HD800 gets its name.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back