Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
May 4, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #1,111 of 13,139
some people just don't believe in cable upgrades...

May 4, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #1,112 of 13,139
A cable technically does one thing only: it conducts current from the amp to the phones at some voltage push and with some extremely small amount of resistivity to said current flow. Aside from some nearly immeasurable (effectively zero) stray capacitive and inductive vectors associated with a cable (again effectively zero) and the impedance which is a function of the physical properties of the conductor itself. So theoretically speaking if the cross sectional area of the conductor allows for sufficient current carrying rating of the electrical load (headphones) there should be no difference in how well the load functions. This based on physical laws governing voltage, current, and resistance on conductive materials. Saying silver is somewhat more prone to emphasizing treble than bass is not really mathematically definable far as I know but then I don't know everything... What I do know is there is zero probability I will spend 800 to 1000 dollars on a headphone cable.

May 4, 2013 at 9:19 AM Post #1,113 of 13,139
Quote:
A cable technically does one thing only:

Not so...

Some look better than others
biggrin.gif

Some are more flexible that others

Depending on your amp it may be necessary to get a re cable job.  Like if you own the Mjolnir.  You would have to get a balanced cable.  

Those are the three reasons I get aftermarket cables.

Just picking with you..
wink_face.gif

May 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM Post #1,114 of 13,139
Quote:

Not so...

Some look better than others
biggrin.gif

Some are more flexible that others

Depending on your amp it may be necessary to get a re cable job.  Like if you own the Mjolnir.  You would have to get a balanced cable.  

Those are the three reasons I get aftermarket cables.

Just picking with you..
wink_face.gif

Absolutely! I would LOVE to get a Silver Poison or equivalent just for the looks but my practical side just frowns on spending that much for aesthetic benefits. I got the stock balanced cable from Justin for the Mjolnir and it cost $70. Seems to work great.

May 4, 2013 at 6:12 PM Post #1,115 of 13,139
While we are on the topic of cables, has anyone purchased LCD 2 cables from BTG Audio?

May 7, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #1,119 of 13,139
May 7, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #1,120 of 13,139
I love my LCD-2's... I listen to a broad range of music, and seriously, you'd have to be picky bugger to want something else..! Yep, I'd always think of supplementary phones, but nothing could replace it. Had a WA22, but had to sell it, "slumming" it with a Burson Soloist, and I'd have to say the combo is better in certain respects.. When listening to rock/electronica, has that extra drive. The combo LOVES good source material.. 180gram pressings are PHENOMENAL.. Muddy Waters "Folk Singer" is just plain awesome. One day I'll get my hands on some LCD-3's .. And be happy till Audeze invents some LCD-4's and some new underpants for me:wink:

May 7, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #1,122 of 13,139
Quote:
I have. The initial reports I gave of the sound improving dramatically was mostly just wishful thinking. The bass improved 5% and the soundstage got a little bit bigger. The comfort is no joke though. Some people have issues with the audeze's comfort. My stock pads were very nice but after an hour or two the front of the pad by the stich would give out and there was a submarine effect. It was fixed by sitting them on a headphone stand overnight but I like long listening sessions. With the stax pads I can listen to them for 4-5 hours and no problem. I have not yet compared them to an lcd-3 and they're for sale so... mle also reported a jump in comfort with the old skool foam headband. Here's a picture of me wearing them. I like how far back they ended up sitting from my eyes.

Hi jibzilla,

Thanks for the reply.
When you said the bass is imrpoved by 5%, do you mean bass quantity or quality?
And was the installation easy?

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back