Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 24, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #12,316 of 13,134
I just found my LCD-2 frequency response chart! I've been looking for this for years. These are pre-fazor rev 2.

IMG_0335.jpg

Aug 25, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #12,317 of 13,134
Sorry for the stupid question (and if this isn't the appropriate topic for this question). I've recently been introduced to Audeze just recently and have been reading up on the LCD-2s.

There is an individual selling a pair of LCD-2's in the shedua wood. They claim it is the most recent revision (few months old) with the new mesh grilles. All of it sounds correct to me up to this point. I questioned if it came with a travel case, but they stated that the pair was a "creators" edition purchase. I am aware of a "creators" edition for the LCD-X and LCD-XC, which do not come with the travel case. But I haven't run into any information (and from my Google-fu) that a "creators" edition of the recent revision exists for the LCD-2.

Can someone confirm that a "creators" edition existed or not for the most recent revision of the LCD-2 in shedua?

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #12,318 of 13,134
Can someone confirm that a "creators" edition existed or not for the most recent revision of the LCD-2 in shedua?
You are right to be skeptical. From their information, if that can is just a few months old, then a "creator's edition" should be a selectable option on Audeze's LCD-2 page. You can also email Audeze support to ask if there ever has been an LCD-2 "creator's edition." I'm highly doubtful that there ever was one since I don't recall the LCD-2 being marketed to studio professionals as has the LCD-X. If the seller is lying to you about that, then I could imagine that the seller would be lying about something else.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2020 at 6:41 PM Post #12,319 of 13,134
You are right to be skeptical. From their information, if that can is just a few months old, then a "creator's edition" should be a selectable option on the Audeze's LCD-2 page. You can also email Audeze support to ask if there ever has been an LCD-2 "creator's edition." I'm highly doubtful that there ever was one since I don't recall the LCD-2 being marketed to studio professionals as has the LCD-X. If the seller is lying to you about that, then I could imagine that the seller would be lying about something else.

Thanks for the reply. I have shot Audeze CS an email. Will update this topic with my findings.

Yeah, the assertion by the seller is definitely a red flag and it is enough for me to back out if my research is counter to what they claim.

Aug 26, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #12,321 of 13,134
Audeze customer service responded back and confirmed the “creators edition” is only available for the LCD-X and LCD-XD. It has never been an option for the LCD-2.
The LCD-2C had some sort of creators Edition.
In other words, no LCD-2C had a real travel case.

The LCD-2 should always have had one

Aug 26, 2020 at 9:37 AM Post #12,322 of 13,134
The LCD-2C had some sort of creators Edition.
In other words, no LCD-2C had a real travel case.

The LCD-2 should always have had one
Yup. Then again, the LCD-2C never came with shedua wood rings as OP's post mentioned, just nylon rings 😏.

Aug 26, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #12,324 of 13,134
Haha yeah the little details matter.

Thanks for the assist, all.
yw! I'm surprised that someone would lie about that. I mean, "I don't want to part with the case," "I sold the case earlier to somebody else who wanted one," "I lost the case," or "I bought these second hand without a case" are all more plausible explanations/excuses.

Aug 26, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #12,325 of 13,134
yw! I'm surprised that someone would lie about that. I mean, "I don't want to part with the case," "I sold the case earlier to somebody else who wanted one," "I lost the case," or "I bought these second hand without a case" are all more plausible explanations/excuses.

Exactly. If they told me any of those reasons it wouldn't have set off any red flags. Maybe the listing was legit, but for me part of a purchase is buying into the trust/reputation of a seller.

Oh well, hunt is still on. Maybe I'll wait until the next Audeze sale.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #12,326 of 13,134
Exactly. If they told me any of those reasons it wouldn't have set off any red flags. Maybe the listing was legit, but for me part of a purchase is buying into the trust/reputation of a seller.

Oh well, hunt is still on. Maybe I'll wait until the next Audeze sale.
I'll be selling my lcd2c pretty soon once my LCD-2 ships. Right now shipping times are slow because of covid so lets hope its soon!

Sep 29, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #12,327 of 13,134
Back in with LCD-2/non-fazor and Fazor, after once owned non-fazored ones 10 year ago.
It is surprising at openness of Fazor version, which has remedied in highs where non-fazor has trouble.
There are details over all across spectrum, and sub-bass impact on my music.
I think it is combined effect of dac/amp improvement over the time of 10 years, where I added USB stabilizer that screens out harshness on higher regions.
I think Fazored one has enough sub bass and bass, so that it goes well with big band like Mahler's symphony 2/3.

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:10 PM Post #12,328 of 13,134
That assessment roughly matches measurements. The LCD-2F has flatter measured response than the LCD-2. It still has a dip around 4 kHz, but it's a smaller dip. And it is flatter through the midrange into the bass and subsonics.

That said, when listening to the LCD-2F I prefer to use parametric EQ to lift the 4 kHz dip. For something simple try +4 dB @ 3500 Hz, Q=0.67. It's a gentle correction that restores some of the detail without changing the character of the sound.

Oct 4, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #12,329 of 13,134
Tell me, how is lCD-2 in terms of electronics, tribal ambient, indie, house and other things? I am currently using a Beyer T90 with a Musical Fidelity MX-HPA amp and am not satisfied with the way they play. Too light and bright and not enough bass. Would be a better upgrade for me to darker headphones but listening to a lot of electronics. Although the T90 has a big stage and a lot of air, that's the only thing I like. I also look at the HD800, but they are also bright.
If the amp drives the LCD-2 well, do they have stage and air problems?

Sorry for the translator if something is wrong)

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #12,330 of 13,134
I personally think the LCD 2 would be a great complementary headphone to the HD800. (I'm not familiar with the T90). I would not use an HD800 for type music you described (unless you carefully EQ the heck out of them.) The LCD 2 are bass monsters.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back