Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 8, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #10,831 of 13,137
  Thanks. Is it always the aluminum ones that go on sale?

​No

They have Shedua also on sale quite often. But its usually bundled with a ifi DSD BL.  Go to Slickdeals dot com and search for Audeze. Look up old posts, you will know how often they do those sales. You can also set alerts on that site with 'Audeze' as keyword.

They even have similar deals on LCD-3 and LCD-4 if you can/want to swing it

Apr 8, 2017 at 2:06 PM Post #10,832 of 13,137

​No

They have Shedua also on sale quite often. But its usually bundled with a ifi DSD BL.  Go to Slickdeals dot com and search for Audeze. Look up old posts, you will know how often they do those sales. You can also set alerts on that site with 'Audeze' as keyword.

They even have similar deals on LCD-3 and LCD-4 if you can/want to swing it

Thanks.

I haven't heard the LCD-4 yet and I don't know if I want to spend that much on headphones as I lean for my speakers. The LCD-3 I wanted to give a try again, but it seems that the 2016 LCD-3 are still reserved sounding like my pre-fazor ones. The LCD-2.2 was the more 'dynamic' sounding from the two. The talks of the 10k peak is a bit off-putting on these new models.

Apr 12, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #10,833 of 13,137
Do the LCD2s ever show up on a discount sale in the UK? It's frustrating to see these great deals from Adorama in the US - I'd be tempted to just bite the bullet and import if it weren't for the high number of failures I read about from Audeze - prefer to keep the purchase in the UK should the unfortunate happen. I saw some refurbs last year on Scan but other than that nothing, and certainly nothing like the Adorama pricing.

Apr 12, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #10,834 of 13,137
I've not really seen any discounting from UK stockists either. However, AMP3 often do site wide discount codes that get you 10% off most items including the LCD2 (e.g.  STAY10% ) which brings the price down to around £810.

They only stock them in shdeua wood though:

http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk/shop/Headphones.6/Audeze.652/LCD2/Audeze_LCD-2_Open_Circumaural_High-Performance_Planar_Magnetic_Headphones_with_Travel_Case_-_SHEDUA.14471.html

If you shop with them via one of the cashback sites, e.g. Quidco or Topcashback, you could potentially get a further 4 to 4.5% approx. (£30-35 ish) in cashback a few months down the line. But worth mentioning that cashback with these sites isn't guaranteed so always best treated as a nice bonus if it materialises (usually it does to be fair).

Apr 12, 2017 at 11:20 AM Post #10,836 of 13,137
Cheers Jello. That's pretty good. I'll consider that.

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:31 PM Post #10,837 of 13,137
Cheers Jello. That's pretty good. I'll consider that.

No worries!

I actually received an e-mail from them this evening with various Easter deals. It also includes a better discount code (15% this time) valid until the 18th. Using that one brings the LCD-2 down to £764.15.

Code is 15%EASTER17

Cheers.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #10,839 of 13,137
No worries!

I actually received an e-mail from them this evening with various Easter deals. It also includes a better discount code (15% this time) valid until the 18th. Using that one brings the LCD-2 down to £764.15.

Code is 15%EASTER17

Cheers.

Oh no! :)

I ordered last night with your 10%. Thanks! Gutted that I've missed saving another £50. Thanks for the original code though. Pitty they are closed until Tue.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #10,840 of 13,137
Oh no!
smily_headphones1.gif

I ordered last night with your 10%. Thanks! Gutted that I've missed saving another £50. Thanks for the original code though. Pitty they are closed until Tue.

Ah, that's a shame!!

What it might be worth doing is raising a ticket now whilst the code is valid and perhaps follow it up with a call when they re-open. I've found their customer service guys pretty helpful when I've dealt with them in the past so hopefully they will be obliging :)

Alternatively I guess you could make a new order today using the 15% code and request a cancellation on the old one. But does means a lot of money out of your account at the one time which isn't ideal really.....

They're based nr Edinburgh and up here in Scotland Easter Monday isn't a bank holiday so it's possible they might re-open then, although some businesses do still take Monday off.

Apr 14, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #10,841 of 13,137
They're based nr Edinburgh and up here in Scotland Easter Monday isn't a bank holiday so they might be open, although some businesses take the English bank hols.

Huh! We're both in Scotland. I'm in Glasgow. :)

Ticket raised. I'll call them Mon / Tue morning. Thx.

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #10,844 of 13,137
I have always been. A fan of Sennheiser... Their sound is very good.

But you know what Sennheiser cannot ever get right?

Treble excellence. I put the Grado HF2 and LCD2 in a better category of treble extension and detail.

The LCD2s especially has a very natural sibilance control.

The HD650 is grained... The HD800S is less grained... But possible worse, its peaky.

I am thinking about this as my newest speaker continues to burn in and settles down in the Treble... The warmth kicks in some more and I am thinking about my LCD2s.

These Fluid FPX7 speakers... I don't ever remember violins sounding so exquisitely airy and warm at the same time.

That ribbon tweeter... That dampened wooden box.

These sound far nicer to me than the twice as expensive Sennheiser Neumann KH120 speakers. Whilst that has a non bright sound... It is clinically detailed (aluminium box) ... And that treble isn't quite right.

These Fluids... Wow... Speechless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back