Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Apr 17, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #10,847 of 13,134
  I am losing sleep because of these damn headphones... i keep telling myself one more track and before i know it, it's 2 AM.
Could you believe i listened to Barry White's first 9 albums back to back because i couldn't get over how good it sounded.

me too i am so much in love with my lcd2, and i stay awake till 2 am going through my music

i need this sound now as an iem which of course will never happen :)

Apr 17, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #10,850 of 13,134
I rotate my headphones in and out of my listening sessions but more often than not end my sessions with the LCD 2F's. Very addictive sound signature to me.

i had my share of good headphones, and honestly i thinking dam i like the lcd2 so much more than lcd3 which i auditioned, and i am thinking i might want an extra spare one just in case. I did not try lcd4 but I will never buy one as its super expensive

lcd2 nailed it for me 

also i did not try lcd x or xc

Apr 17, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #10,852 of 13,134
  LCD-X is very nice because I own it and I have to convince myself and others that is the best headphone ever.

Nah, I really like them, I auditioned LCD-2 and 3 and the Xs made it for me.

in what way is the x better than lcd2

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #10,854 of 13,134
  I prefer the LCD2rev2 (pre fazor) to the LCD-X. Less details but more umph. Sub goes lower on the LCD2rev2 and it matters for me.

its conflicting some say the x has more bass and others now say lcd2 has more bass, so which is it :)

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #10,855 of 13,134
  its conflicting some say the x has more bass and others now say lcd2 has more bass, so which is it :)

I was talking about sub and the LCD2rev2 goes lower than the LCDX. It has been confirmed subjectively and objectively.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2Rev2.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCDXsn7456406.pdf

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:26 PM Post #10,856 of 13,134
  I was talking about sub and the LCD2rev2 goes lower than the LCDX. It has been confirmed subjectively and objectively.
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCD2Rev2.pdf
http://www.innerfidelity.com/images/AudezeLCDXsn7456406.pdf

how about bass quantity not subbass, or lets say which is more geared to edm music

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #10,857 of 13,134
To me the LCD-X has subjectively more bass than the LCD-2, in part because the LCD-X has a recessed upper-mid/lower-treble area that the LCD-2 does not.  Echoing my sentiment, when Tyll compared them in one of his reviews, he recommended the X for modern music listeners who want that punch in the bass.

The bottomless bass that you see on the LCDs in IF's graphics are a bit misleading.  They account for a perfect seal, which is not going to happen if you have any hair on your head.  If you have a chrome dome, maybe you get that bottomless bass.

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:42 PM Post #10,858 of 13,134
  how about bass quantity not subbass, or lets say which is more geared to edm music

To me the LCD-X has subjectively more bass than the LCD-2, in part because the LCD-X has a recessed upper-mid/lower-treble area that the LCD-2 does not.  Echoing my sentiment, when Tyll compared them in one of his reviews, he recommended the X for modern music listeners who want that punch in the bass.

The bottomless bass that you see on the LCDs in IF's graphics are a bit misleading.  They account for a perfect seal, which is not going to happen if you have any hair on your head.  If you have a chrome dome, maybe you get that bottomless bass.

The LCD2rev2 has more sub subjectively even if you don't have a perfect seal. Now it might be different for the following iterations of the LCD2. Also from my experience, the LCDX seems more tight but I suspect that it is the psycho acoustic consequence of his less generous sub curve. But the LCD2rev2 has clearly a deeper sound.

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #10,859 of 13,134
The LCD2 I had was a rev2 and its bass was very deep, but also super controlled.  It was freaky just how controlled it was, because many songs would appear bass-light due to the lack of distortion.  Other rev2s might be different though, I've never trusted Audeze's QC.

Apr 17, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #10,860 of 13,134
  The LCD2rev2 has more sub subjectively even if you don't have a perfect seal. Now it might be different for the following iterations of the LCD2. Also from my experience, the LCDX seems more tight but I suspect that it is the psycho acoustic consequence of his less generous sub curve. But the LCD2rev2 has clearly a deeper sound.

On both my LCD-2, the 2014 Fazor and the 2016, I can easily hear the lowest harp strings which have a 25 Hz fundamental. And pipe organ down to 20 Hz. It's perfectly crisp, clear and natural sounding. Some headphones & speakers produce bass that low, but it's usually bloated or soft, nowhere near the grip & control that the LCD-2 has.

The LCD-X has the same bass quality as the 2016 LCD-2, which is slightly tighter and cleaner than the 2014 LCD-2 Fazor. But the 2014 is no slouch, better than any other headphone I've heard. When it comes to bass response, orthos wipe the floor with any conventional driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back