Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #10,471 of 13,134

I recently DIYed a balanced cable for my Audeze and I'm more than happy with the results. 

Used a 4-pin XLR termination for the amp end and a Mogami 2893 cable whose size fits nicely. 

Sweet deal! Did the schematics above match? I don't have a balanced amp, so I could not test. I did build a cable to accept one later though.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #10,472 of 13,134
I never recommend cable upgrades.

But if I must, I can only recommend Norne Audio. Tried a few cables, thay all sounded like big dollar sidegrades at best, if I heard any difference at all.

But the Norne cable... Wow, I couldn't believe the difference a cable could make. Those guys make a quality cable, at those prices, I would buy just for the craftmanship alone.

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:09 AM Post #10,473 of 13,134
  Sweet deal! Did the schematics above match? I don't have a balanced amp, so I could not test. I did build a cable to accept one later though.

Yes they do. If you're intending to DIY an unbalanced cable, I'd suggest you buy a cheap multimeter and do a continuity test on both ends of the stock cable to confirm the connections. 

I did this up, hopefully it helps. 

Once you go balanced, you never go back lol. I've a Schiit Mjolnir which pairs nicely with my LCD-2 via balanced. I made a dual XLR to to 2.5mm TRRS to connect to my Onkyo DP-X1 so that the setup is true balanced. 

Jan 26, 2017 at 9:18 AM Post #10,474 of 13,134
  Once you go balanced, you never go back lol. I've a Schiit Mjolnir which pairs nicely with my LCD-2 via balanced. I made a dual XLR to to 2.5mm TRRS to connect to my Onkyo DP-X1 so that the setup is true balanced. 

I have the Deckard, but keep thinking that I would like to try the Oppo HA-1 in Balanced.

Jan 27, 2017 at 6:23 AM Post #10,475 of 13,134
hey everyone,
I have a very strange problem with my LCD 2. When I move my head, the right channel stop working and it's not my cable because I did swap the right and left, and it's still the right channel on the LCD 2 that malfonction when I move my head. Anyone have a clue what this could be. I still have my warranty I own the can since this summer.
Thank you for any thoughts.

Jan 27, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #10,476 of 13,134
  hey everyone,
I have a very strange problem with my LCD 2. When I move my head, the right channel stop working and it's not my cable because I did swap the right and left, and it's still the right channel on the LCD 2 that malfonction when I move my head. Anyone have a clue what this could be. I still have my warranty I own the can since this summer.

It might be the jack on the right ear cup, suggest you contact Audeze with the issue.

Jan 27, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #10,477 of 13,134
  hey everyone,

Driver is failing. Send it in under RMA.

Jan 27, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #10,479 of 13,134
  Might be a simple connection problem on the mini xlr plug.

I don't know but if I play a bit with the connexion with my fingers nothing change, only when I move my head the right channel stops working.

Jan 27, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #10,483 of 13,134
Owning, and loving, the Bamboo version, I still think the Shedua is the sexier wood. Just like my audio preference, I enjoy a darker, richer hue.

Jan 27, 2017 at 5:33 PM Post #10,484 of 13,134
@PinkyPowers Oh Hi there Pinky! I finally got my own pair of LCD2. I wanted to get them for quite some time, but your review of them got me really really interested when you published it.

So far. My first 48 hours with them have been quite interesting. I have to say they are exceeding my expectations. There was a lot of worries going into this purchase, but man, do they sound great (and look just as good). 

The whole thing is just something else. I got a lot of what I was missing in HD600s and more. I don't even have any comfort issues. I just couldn't be more excited about them. 

Jan 27, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #10,485 of 13,134
You left a nice comment on my review back when I published it. You flatter me. Thank you. The real pleasure is knowing I led you to buy something you're getting much joy out of.

Congratulations on the purchase. I hope they serve you well for a long time to come. I've had mine for I think a year now, and still have no desire to seek an upgrade. They are immensely capable headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back