Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 7, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #10,261 of 13,139
Also! I'm no where near saying or suggesting the LCD-2 isn't a great rock can! quite the opposite. Being a drummer for decades can desynthesize you where you may find yourself needing a really physical and tactile musical experience (or onslaught). That's what I use the Denon and Fostex for. And not that the Donon and Fostex are overly aggressive cans, because they aren't. But, they can produce THAT experience, when I wan't it to. They can put you to sleep with a lullaby, or... prepare you for war. As I've been here reading and typing, listening to the LCD-2 and random tracks playing various bands, the LCD is kicking on tracks form Stuck Mojo, The Apex Theory, System of a Down... These are great rocking cans.

Jan 7, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #10,262 of 13,139
@Scott Branham 

They can put you to sleep with a lullaby, or... prepare you for war.
cool way to describe headphones )

i just pick up a pair of lcd3 and let me tell you , lcd3 takes liquidity and smoothness to another level.
compared to lcd3 , lcd2 sound artificial and tense , lcd2 has more slam to the sound but lcd3 just have so much insight , really shows you the mood of the song, without trying to impress you with soundstage ( like hd800)  or sugar sweetness like Shure top of the line headphones , or dynamic wildness like Focal Elear , lcd3 is a simple headphone that won't impress in any area but it tells the story of a song , you feel what a singer feels when she/he sings...

its so smooth and lush and even more laid-back than lcd2, like a 10 years old Towny vine , so refine )
if you have a chance , try lcd3.
your other headphones will fill the need of PRAT ( pace rhythm and timing)  and lcd 3 will do something else, what is it lcd3 does is kinda hard to describe with words , but once you hear it , you will know it...

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:43 AM Post #10,264 of 13,139
i did.

heavy beast ...

in few words xc share many qualities with lcd3 , same lush relaxed sound presentation with lots of insight , depth and body tot he sound , very refine... great balance thrue whole spectrum.

xc has blacker background , more sub bass  and higher sense of contours  to imaging , very liquid and flowing sound.

lcd3 has better imaging ( open headphone always does vs closed)
and better treble extension , more refine with better depth , it breath luxury refinement and so easy on ears.

xc has more pronounced contours of imagining , i wouldn't call it a better clarity , just everything is really underlined and spotlighted...

by the way , after trying lots of closed headphones , i think xc is the best closed headphone i heard , ever )
but lcd3 in a quit room late at night with some old scotch , ohhh , its simply  "it"

Jan 7, 2017 at 1:43 PM Post #10,268 of 13,139
does the th900 destroy the lcd2

Not in my opinion. I'd hold them in equal regard but the LCD presents more naturally. The TH900 is more excited in the top-end and lower-end. 

My Denon D2000 has similar qualities, perhaps not to the extent of the TH900, but even still, I may prefer listening to it for certain genres, on occasion, over the LCD2. The LCD2 is still a qualitative step-up, but sometimes you want to change it up. The TH900 has a lot going for it, including comfort, weight.

Judging by your other headphones HE 500, th900,thx00, hd650, hd600, I think you have you bases covered. 

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #10,269 of 13,139
the more time i spend with lcd3 the more i like it.   sound is so seductive, dark sweet yet so insightful nuanced and refined , just as i like my scotch ...

lcd2 is going back to the store and I'm moving to lcd3 thread...

Bye guys & enjoy your lcd2, its a cool headphone )

Jan 7, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #10,271 of 13,139
i did.

heavy beast ...

in few words xc share many qualities with lcd3 , same lush relaxed sound presentation with lots of insight , depth and body tot he sound , very refine... great balance thrue whole spectrum.

xc has blacker background , more sub bass  and higher sense of contours  to imaging , very liquid and flowing sound.

lcd3 has better imaging ( open headphone always does vs closed)
and better treble extension , more refine with better depth , it breath luxury refinement and so easy on ears.

xc has more pronounced contours of imagining , i wouldn't call it a better clarity , just everything is really underlined and spotlighted...

by the way , after trying lots of closed headphones , i think xc is the best closed headphone i heard , ever )
but lcd3 in a quit room late at night with some old scotch , ohhh , its simply  "it"

I'll offer a different perspective on my XC. They are bright and emphasized in the upper mids and lower treble. My pair has lower bass than my Utopia and ETHER C(1.1). For me they are no where lush and musical, but analytical and bright. This is also noted by others that own the XC, and yet others find them warm with a slight bass emphasis.

I'm not denying what others hear from their pair of XC, but not all XC's sound the same, that's a guarantee.

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #10,273 of 13,139
the more time i spend with lcd3 the more i like it.   sound is so seductive, dark sweet yet so insightful nuanced and refined , just as i like my scotch ...

lcd2 is going back to the store and I'm moving to lcd3 thread...

Bye guys & enjoy your lcd2, its a cool headphone )

I own a LCD-3F from last year and its the weirdest headphone I own. It's smooth from the bass to the lower mids, dives off but then returns to some really screwed up treble. It's like the headphone is smooth and rough at the same time. I'd honestly pick a LCD-2F over it because at least it's character is the same all the way through.

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:10 PM Post #10,274 of 13,139
To add to the thoughs on the lcdxc impressions, count me in the camp who find them brighter and more analytical than the lcd2. More detailed? Maybe, but thats a tough call. Neither headphone leaves me starved for detail.

Bass is tighter but just as present. Soundstage is simply nice IMO. Similar to lcd2.

Being a Grado fan, i love it! Its not grado-bright, but it leaves me satisfied. Sometimes (especially with warmer soynding vinyl) the lcd2 is too much of a good thing. Enter the lcdxc to wipe the fog away :)

Fyi, this is a 2014 model verses a 11/2015 shedua lcd2.

Jan 7, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #10,275 of 13,139
does the th900 destroy the lcd2

It depends on what you use your music for, and if you had to make a choice between the two cans!

The majority of the music I listen to is to energize me, pump me up, make me feel energy and power. So I personally gravitate to the 900 where it is so bold, and I find it handles a great majority of rock/metal I listen to better that the LCD. Ok, I won't say better, I'll say...The 900 just handles more of the music I like, the way "I like it handled". So it's a preference. Again, dont get me wrong here. It's not like the LCD is lacking for me. I see the 900 as a hypercar, and the LCD a super car. Maybe not a perfect analogy, but thats how I feel anyway. I totally see these two cans being complimentary to own and yet easily different enough to not be redundant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back