Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jan 2, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #10,141 of 13,134
How supple is that Cardas once you get the individual wires out?

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:35 AM Post #10,143 of 13,134

I couldn't say. I've not purchased the Cardas. I've only used Toxic Cables for my IEMS and Mogami currently for testing out my current cable design. If I were to purchase Cardas though, I would most likely not remove the jacketing passed the "Y" split. Only the section going to the headphones.

Very informative guys, thank you! 

I know that the choice of cables is up to personal preference but anybody has feedback on how your cable has changed the sound of the LCD-2 from the stock ones?

Since I've only used Mogami (which again, is on par with cables used at the recording studio), I've not noticed any real differences. I'm interested in trying other cables, but more for the "suppleness" rather than believing in a "euphoric" change via a cable. I mean, the cable doesn't carry enough current for a real sonic realization... but YMMV. With that being said, I'd still go with a Cardas or DoubleHelix style OCC Copper just in case I start to drink the Kool-Aid as well.

Jan 2, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #10,144 of 13,134

I know that the choice of cables is up to personal preference but anybody has feedback on how your cable has changed the sound of the LCD-2 from the stock ones?

Headphone cables have not changed the sound for me, agree with @WayTooCrazy, Mogami is good and I've usually changed cable due to physical properties like length, suppleness, microphonics and weight.

Jan 2, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #10,145 of 13,134
2day my new lcd-2 arrived...

i went to my local hifi store to leave back demo pair i had at home for a week now and get the new pair.
To my surprise i get to hear theres a new version of lcd2 I'm geting.

And it looks different from lcd2 rev2 bamboo i had for demo.   My pair has darker color and another bamboo finish , headband is different , with thicker memory foam pading, if you press with finger against it, it will remain finger shape  for a while , it also lighter.  Different audeze logo...

This new pair is lighter, less weight... and it sits on the head much tighter...

i was holding both pairs  , demo pair and this new pair i got , and the new pair was much lighter ö.Ö

Jan 2, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #10,147 of 13,134

I purchased a balanced Chinese "silver" Litz cable

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hi-end-Silver-plated-Headphone-Upgrade-Cable-for-Audeze-LCD-2-LCD-3-LCD-X-LCD-XC-/121669191367?var=420674793981&hash=item1c540c86c7:m:mLYLjTNhSEB3-mfJBxyYH4Q

It is slightly brighter than the stock Audeze SE cable.  Have been happy with it for two years.

I covered it with 1/2" sheathing from para cord and it makes a nice, quiet, comfortable flexible cable.

Jan 2, 2017 at 5:54 PM Post #10,148 of 13,134

I stripped out the 4 cables from the "star" Cardas mic cable.  I used 1/4" sheathing from para cord and it makes a nice flexible cable.

Jan 2, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #10,150 of 13,134
I purchased a balanced Chinese "silver" Litz cable

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hi-end-Silver-plated-Headphone-Upgrade-Cable-for-Audeze-LCD-2-LCD-3-LCD-X-LCD-XC-/121669191367?var=420674793981&hash=item1c540c86c7:m:mLYLjTNhSEB3-mfJBxyYH4Q

It is slightly brighter than the stock Audeze SE cable.  Have been happy with it for two years.

I covered it with 1/2" sheathing from para cord and it makes a nice, quiet, comfortable flexible cable.

That link is to a silver-plated-copper cable. Big difference to pure silver Litz.

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:04 PM Post #10,151 of 13,134
Just move to korea
smily_headphones1.gif

A little too cold for me and l like going to the beach, surfing and sailing too much

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #10,152 of 13,134
A little too cold for me and l like going to the beach, surfing and sailing too much

I am from Korea and it gets really hot in the summer. Idk if its just us but my family there told me the air condition bill is extremely expensive there.

Jan 2, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #10,153 of 13,134
I am from Korea and it gets really hot in the summer. Idk if its just us but my family there told me the air condition bill is extremely expensive there.

The electric bill for the AC can get expensive but usually there is a nice breeze which keeps temps from getting too hot.

Jan 2, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #10,155 of 13,134
I've continued to experiment with Equalizing. I've found I can add some delightful warmth without sacrificing clarity and detail. The LCD-2's capacity for bass is bottomless. :basshead:

EasyQ Parametric Equalizer is a great plug-in for foobar2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back