Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 2, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #9,647 of 13,134
I don't have much to say on comfort besides after 6+ hours of listening sometimes my ears will feel a little warm w/ the leather pads, no other real issues. They do feel kind of heavy but I have gotten used to it rather quickly; but back on the topic of the actual sound, I do notice that deeper male vocals are a bit harder for me to understand as they seem to get kinda lost in the mix with music. I assume this is something my ears will adjust to (along with the treble, RIP ears)

Dec 2, 2016 at 5:18 PM Post #9,648 of 13,134
  Do these straps change the overall weight you feel on your neck after a few hours of use? (My best headphones are m50x, so I wouldn't know. But i've read many people complain about that.)

The actual weight doesn't change but because the weight is more evenly distributed its make them feel a little lighter.  the M50x is about 1/3 the weight so you usually don't notice the weight of the headphones as much and there is more padding on the m50x than the LCD headband.

if you are like me and listen in a recliner which supports part of the weight then I usually don't feel the weight on my neck but if sitting up then the weight will be noticeable to me after an hour or two.

Dec 2, 2016 at 6:07 PM Post #9,650 of 13,134
  Anyone have their order status update today? Mine still says "order created."

Yes...my LCDs arrived on Wednesday, but my Deckard order was delayed by the Riskified Verification (which was pending for nearly a week). Today, my order was processed and the order status was updated to "Order Complete - - Ready to Ship."

Customer service was very good at keeping me in the loop while the verification was processing.
I look forward to receiving the Deckard on Tuesday or Wednesday next week:)

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #9,652 of 13,134
What the heck is this "riskified" crap? Ive never heard of such. All I know is I sent $900 for amp and phones and my order still says Payment Received since the 24th amd I do consider myself a fairly patient person. I juat dont understand this riskified business...

Dec 2, 2016 at 7:47 PM Post #9,653 of 13,134
  The actual weight doesn't change but because the weight is more evenly distributed its make them feel a little lighter.  the M50x is about 1/3 the weight so you usually don't notice the weight of the headphones as much and there is more padding on the m50x than the LCD headband.

if you are like me and listen in a recliner which supports part of the weight then I usually don't feel the weight on my neck but if sitting up then the weight will be noticeable to me after an hour or two.

Right, that's what I meant by "Feel". But that makes sense. I guess the weight is less of a problem if you're not in pain lol. My m50x are fairly light, but the padding is absolute rubbish. I've never felt such constant pain from headphones. But this fix for the LCD-2 is really making me consider getting some. 

Unfortunately my paycheck came late, and I missed the B-stock sale by less than a day. Maybe someone will receive them and not like them, and I could "reimburse" their purchase :p

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #9,654 of 13,134
Did you ever have problems with the weight before you convinced yourself otherwise? :p

No.

Just I re-ignited my headphone listening with the HD650s and managed to convince myself nothing was better than this headphone... Because I found them in a plastic bag and had no idea where I stored away the R1s.

But they are the ancient R1s with an altogether different headband that is no longer available.

If you had no problems in 5 minutes, they should be OK. The only time these have stayed on my head for a few hours is when I doze off. I don't think I could consciously leave any headphone on my head for many hours at a time...

Dec 2, 2016 at 9:44 PM Post #9,655 of 13,134
Any more impressions on the low-end of the very latest Fazor LCD-2 ? Is it a flat-liner sub to mids matching the 2.1/2.2c ?

Am looking at LCD-2 new, XC used and iSine if they launch soon...

Dec 2, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #9,656 of 13,134
my shipment is on its way via UPS, ordered on 11/24 around noon. 

any suggestions for good headphone stands?

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #9,657 of 13,134
  my shipment is on its way via UPS, ordered on 11/24 around noon. 

any suggestions for good headphone stands?

​I use the classic Woo Audio stand...it has amazing build quality, a super heavy/substantial base and is available in silver and black. I use them for my LCD-2s, my HD800s and my Grado RS1. It is also height adjustable, which is nice. You can see it peeking over the amp in this picture:)

Dec 3, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #9,660 of 13,134
Aluminium version looks cool - checkout this unboxing video from YouTube 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLWTs56Oso4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back