Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Nov 18, 2016 at 10:07 AM Post #9,316 of 13,134
Bought my LCD-2 in late 2014, left driver failed in May 2015, got it repaired that June, and just yesterday the right driver failed. I don't think I've seen anyone else in this forum with two failures. This sucks. I know the big reliability update was in November 2015, so hopefully after this replacement I'll have that reliability and the best sounding revision. But still, ugh.

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:08 AM Post #9,318 of 13,134
@areek, nice setup
beerchug.gif

Nov 18, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #9,320 of 13,134
Really good taste, I imagine it's magnitudes above?

Nov 18, 2016 at 5:49 PM Post #9,323 of 13,134
Anyone know where I can demo these? I live in the NW of England, so Liverpool, Manchester etc.

Unfortunatly it will be a bad demo unless I can take a CD with me (probably Prodigy Fat of the Land) as I can't exactly drag along my full tower PC and yamaha hifi amp with me ha ha.

I am looking for philips X2 sound but more bass slam and wider soundstage, and ofcourse, more detail. The quest for better music never really ends does it? Though I think I would be content with LCD2 + McIntosh MHA100 tbh.

Nov 19, 2016 at 1:21 AM Post #9,324 of 13,134
  Anyone know where I can demo these? I live in the NW of England, so Liverpool, Manchester etc.

Unfortunatly it will be a bad demo unless I can take a CD with me (probably Prodigy Fat of the Land) as I can't exactly drag along my full tower PC and yamaha hifi amp with me ha ha.

I am looking for philips X2 sound but more bass slam and wider soundstage, and ofcourse, more detail. The quest for better music never really ends does it? Though I think I would be content with LCD2 + McIntosh MHA100 tbh.

LCD-2 was never really a slammer in the bass department - more about texture and bottomless depth.
LCD-X has more kick to it.

Nov 19, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #9,325 of 13,134

I think you would be quite satisfied. I did feel that the LCD2 was a notch above the X1 when I had listened to it. I did think the X1 was very good though. But, the LCD2 is more bottomless in its transparency and depth. 

Still, prepare to give up some comfort. The LCD2 is still comfortable, but more like two plush speakers strapped to your heads. YMMV. 

Nov 19, 2016 at 10:52 PM Post #9,326 of 13,134
the LCD2 is more bottomless in its transparency and depth.

Oooh... that's a good bit of language. Wonderfully descriptive. I agree completely. Well said.
:beerchug:

Nov 21, 2016 at 10:45 PM Post #9,327 of 13,134
Just picked up some 2013 era non fazor LCD2's. Really a fantastic sounding headphone. I also have a Mad Dog with Alpha Pads so it's interesting to test each with the other. I think if I hadn't had the Fostex modded Mad Dogs before I got the LCDs I'd be more blown away, but the Mad Dogs have a very pleasing signature. Off hand I'd say the mids and highs are bettter on the LCD2 with better detail, finesse and depth of bass is good. The Mad Dogs have a pleasing warmth to the sound but with recessed mids but more bass emphasis. 

Magna Planars, have a highly addictive sound property to them and I'm glad I was able to get the Audeze. 

Nov 24, 2016 at 4:10 AM Post #9,328 of 13,134

Users who are viewing this thread

Back