Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 17, 2016 at 12:11 AM Post #7,531 of 13,139
I still think he needs to audition it so he knows. He's asked A LOT of questions around about what will *WOW* him but the only way to really know is to audition, and a fair audition at that. He keeps saying he likes the SE846 the best, but then says he wants more highs. I recommended the Angie and he hated it. Now he's tried the LCD-2 and initial impressions weren't favourable. He's using the Mojo but perhaps a different source will have better synergy for him. I know the HD800 can be picky with the source but a lot of users have enjoyed the pairing immensely. Personally, I love the LCD-2 with the Mojo so I'm not sure where to go from here except to say........ Audition!

:)

I appreciate your help and guidance, along with others help and guidance here, and other threads,

I'm new to hifi, in fact I don't know much about it at all, I know I like music, i always knew there was awesome equipment out there but was never really intrigued by the process to try but I did. I guess I was just expecting to be like *Oh wow this is amazing, this is how music is intended to be* and indeed I have moments here and there, but few and far in between, I can never go back to listening to low end equipment... But I am also not satisfied with why I have... Maybe I got used to the se846 and I'm only. Comparing thingd to that. I wish it wasnt so, but it may be. I want something thst I can also show my friends and for them to be impressed, they weren't so impressed with se846/mojo
They said it was clear and sharp and really clear.. But not 1k$ worth....

What u guys think?
I'm an idiot?

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:19 AM Post #7,532 of 13,139
Trying to impress others with your expensive audio equipment is a losing battle. You'll be lucky to find one person who really "gets it". Most people will roll their eyes and say you spent way too much. :rolleyes:

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #7,533 of 13,139
Trying to impress others with your expensive audio equipment is a losing battle. You'll be lucky to find one person who really "gets it". Most people will roll their eyes and say you spent way too much. :rolleyes:

I do feel that I have, because I'm not truly impressed , it's hard for me to. See *where the $ went &*

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #7,534 of 13,139
That's a good thing, in my opinion. It means you can spend less and feel more fulfilled.

Feb 17, 2016 at 7:17 AM Post #7,535 of 13,139
I appreciate your help and guidance, along with others help and guidance here, and other threads,

I'm new to hifi, in fact I don't know much about it at all, I know I like music, i always knew there was awesome equipment out there but was never really intrigued by the process to try but I did. I guess I was just expecting to be like *Oh wow this is amazing, this is how music is intended to be* and indeed I have moments here and there, but few and far in between, I can never go back to listening to low end equipment... But I am also not satisfied with why I have... Maybe I got used to the se846 and I'm only. Comparing thingd to that. I wish it wasnt so, but it may be. I want something thst I can also show my friends and for them to be impressed, they weren't so impressed with se846/mojo

What u guys think?
I'm an idiot?

$1K for a pair of earphones is a laugh. Compressed soundstage, etc. imo.
The Kool-Aid must be on sale these days....
Trying to impress others with your expensive audio equipment is a losing battle. You'll be lucky to find one person who really "gets it". Most people will roll their eyes and say you spent way too much.
rolleyes.gif

+1  Trophy gear for audio doesn't cut it. Not like cars and homes. 
cool.gif

Feb 17, 2016 at 8:40 AM Post #7,536 of 13,139
... I feel like the LCD-2F does everything I need. I'm only looking for a decent closed back right now, but funds are going to my home theater before it goes to another audiophile quality headphone.

My choice for closed back is the Oppo PM3. After a couple of weeks break-in, I am enjoying these portable planers. Much lighter than the LCD2F, with a similar sound. Not as weighty as the LCD2F bass, but tight and fast. Very enjoyable midrange, especially female vocals. A bit brighter above the mid-range.

Sound isolation is reasonable ... I have missed a couple of calls because I could not near the phone ringing, but not such that you would miss your flight call at the airport.

I am on vacation, and appreciate how easily they are driven from my iPad.

Feb 17, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #7,537 of 13,139

What u guys think?
I'm an idiot?

You have the LCD2, and the HD800? High-end audio doesn't necessarily equate to instant appreciation.

There is so much to listen for and understand. It can take years to evolve an appreciation of these details. What kind of musi are you listening to? If its today's latest pop hits, many are tuned for radio play and low end speaker systems. As a result the dynamics are squashed right out of it, as all the sounds are compressed so that they can be amped to maximum volume. It takes a fair bit of production know how, and will sound great on a pair of Beats or Bose headphones but it will start sounding flat on higher end headphones and speaker setups.

Like others, I recommend you slow down. If you are strapped for cash don't keep all of what you have. Keep a couple really good things and take your time to listen to a range of music. Seek out music you wouldn't even typically listen too. Don't use any web rips from friends who grab files from YouTube, normalize the waveform and turn it into an MP3 (I have heard such a thing done to soundtracks. the horror).

Get Flac files for optimal quality and archival reasons.

Also your 846, from what I understand has quite a bit of bass and low end. Is that the 'wow'that you feel is missing from your other headphones? List some of your favorite tracks to give us a reference.

Feb 17, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #7,538 of 13,139
You have the LCD2, and the HD800? High-end audio doesn't necessarily equate to instant appreciation.

There is so much to listen for and understand. It can take years to evolve an appreciation of these details. What kind of musi are you listening to? If its today's latest pop hits, many are tuned for radio play and low end speaker systems. As a result the dynamics are squashed right out of it, as all the sounds are compressed so that they can be amped to maximum volume. It takes a fair bit of production know how, and will sound great on a pair of Beats or Bose headphones but it will start sounding flat on higher end headphones and speaker setups.

Like others, I recommend you slow down. If you are strapped for cash don't keep all of what you have. Keep a couple really good things and take your time to listen to a range of music. Seek out music you wouldn't even typically listen too. Don't use any web rips from friends who grab files from YouTube, normalize the waveform and turn it into an MP3 (I have heard such a thing done to soundtracks. the horror).

Get Flac files for optimal quality and archival reasons.

Also your 846, from what I understand has quite a bit of bass and low end. Is that the 'wow'that you feel is missing from your other headphones? List some of your favorite tracks to give us a reference.

Thank you,

I enjoy the older electronic music, certain trance hits and techno, I also enjoy some classic rock, and a few modern day pop hits (not many at all)
Songs I'm very familiar with and I use for reference are (Fleetwood Mac *dreams*) wish you were here *pink Floyd) Deadmau5)*not exactly* wham *last. Christmas * Michael Jackson *human nature* this songs I use to compare equipment as I'm. Very familiar with them.
Most of. My. Files are 16/44.1 flac a few mp320 where I can't find flac. And maybe 20% are 24/96 and 1 song at 192 lbs mp3... Because I can't find better for 2 years

Feb 17, 2016 at 12:03 PM Post #7,539 of 13,139
Finally got the FR curve for my LCD-2.1 pair from Audeze - it seems they were made in november 2010:

All I got is this one pic - where's the other channel?

What do you guys think? 

Feb 17, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #7,540 of 13,139
  Finally got the FR curve for my LCD-2.1 pair from Audeze - it seems they were made in november 2010:

What do you guys think? 

Hey,

May I ask who did you email to get your LCDs FR ??

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:02 PM Post #7,542 of 13,139

I registered to their page and sent a message. It took a long while, I sent the request right before christmas though.

I see. 

Thanks. I will go over and register mine. 

Feb 17, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #7,543 of 13,139

What do you guys think? 
looks nice and flat in the bass. No drop off. Good point on the channel, they cant all be perfectly balanced can they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back