Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Dec 16, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #7,051 of 13,134
  ...Any mods for lcd2 to improve the soundstage? Can i remove the foam.

TB Isone V3 lets you sculpt the sound-stage and/or EQ.

I've not had enough time with it to see if it is causing SQ problems elsewhere, but it is not a cheapeo DSP anyway.... VST or Audio Units so OSX and Windows covered if your music software can incorporate plug-ins...
ph34r.gif

Dec 17, 2015 at 6:04 AM Post #7,052 of 13,134
After some time of enjoying my LCD-2 upgrade in person of LCD-3F, I decide to rebuy my favored NON-FAZOR Lcd2-Rev2 again. This morning i did receive the "OLD" classic. Boy, when playing* Bob Moses "All in All" album - i'm really impressed by the pressure this headphone can produce :wink:! As an Audeze fanboy in honestly can say - this headphone will NEVER leave my home again...

So if you feel need to upgrade from LCD-2 NON-FAZOR to another more recent Audeze headphone, save some extra money and KEEP this headphone. A real classic i.m.o.!!!

* NOTE LCD-2 Rev.2 is driven by Chord Mojo and Bakoon HPA-01

Dec 17, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #7,053 of 13,134
About 5 months in with my Rev 2.2 non-Fazor LCD2's and I'm still in love with them as much as I was the first day I put them on. I tried the leather earpads during that time, but they just felt tough and didn't breathe at all.... certainly looks stunning but weren't great to wear. Still love the vegan pads though, sooooo comfortable. 

Are quite heavy though... the suspension strap helped with that hugely however. 

Just wish the stock cable wasn't so crappily built. 

Dec 17, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #7,054 of 13,134
  Companies dose nt include the wood care kit anymore nor the frequency response graph... What u can do is contact Audeze support and ask for it by providing your lcd 2 serial number. The care-kit is nt necessary anymore because the wood is impregnated @ factory.  Sry for bad englando is not my main language.

.......one needs to send in a request with serial #.......they'll email it back.
https://audeze.zendesk.com/anonymous_requests/new

You can also register for your warranty.
https://www.audeze.com/contact-us/warranty-registration

thanks!

Dec 18, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #7,055 of 13,134
  After some time of enjoying my LCD-2 upgrade in person of LCD-3F, I decide to rebuy my favored NON-FAZOR Lcd2-Rev2 again. This morning i did receive the "OLD" classic. Boy, when playing* Bob Moses "All in All" album - i'm really impressed by the pressure this headphone can produce :wink:! As an Audeze fanboy in honestly can say - this headphone will NEVER leave my home again...

So if you feel need to upgrade from LCD-2 NON-FAZOR to another more recent Audeze headphone, save some extra money and KEEP this headphone. A real classic i.m.o.!!!

* NOTE LCD-2 Rev.2 is driven by Chord Mojo and Bakoon HPA-01

Yep. The rev2 has a deepness that even more expensive audeze don't have.
I keep mine preciously :)

Dec 18, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #7,056 of 13,134
  Yep. The rev2 has a deepness that even more expensive audeze don't have.
I keep mine preciously :)

@Marcan, hope you do enjoy as much as me... Although LCD3F has better staging and microdetail, it can't compete with Rev.2 in slam...
@Boombox - Vegan pads are really comfortable on the Audeze headphnes.... soundwise leatherpads can be a bit better! But in general, Vegan pads are the way to go for me!

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:42 PM Post #7,057 of 13,134
I was having comfort issues after about an hour+ of listening. I realized that it due to my glasses. The clamping force focused all of the pressure on the frames pressing down around my ears. Wearing contacts now and it's been great.

Dec 18, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #7,058 of 13,134
  I was having comfort issues after about an hour+ of listening. I realized that it due to my glasses. The clamping force focused all of the pressure on the frames pressing down around my ears. Wearing contacts now and it's been great.

I do wear glasses also. When having longer listeningsessions, it's indeed better to take of glasses reducing pressure around ears...

Dec 19, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #7,062 of 13,134
how big of an upgrade Are the lcd 2s to the el-8s. Is the sound quality more staggering in comparisons or is it just a minor improvement in little areas in sound .

I have only read in reviewsthat the bass on the lcd2 are tighter and soundstage a bit bigger

Dec 19, 2015 at 6:48 AM Post #7,063 of 13,134
how big of an upgrade Are the lcd 2s to the el-8s. Is the sound quality more staggering in comparisons or is it just a minor improvement in little areas in sound .

I have only read in reviewsthat the bass on the lcd2 are tighter and soundstage a bit bigger

First I don't consider the LCD-2 as an upgrade to the EL8, just different sound signatures

This is my impression of difference between my EL8-open and LCD-2f.

The EL8 has more forward mids, a brighter sound than the LCD2f,  The highs and sub bass of the LCD-2f are better extended than the EL8 but the EL8 appears to sound close to the same because the low bass and lower treble are more forward on the EL8, only on songs which go really low or really high do I notice a difference.

Another thing to consider is how they are driven, the EL8 will sound pretty good from my Fiio X3 while the LCD-2f sounds a little flat.  Using both on a Lyr2 the LCD-2f sounds more dynamic than the EL8 and has a wider sound stage, the EL8 doesn't seem to scale much from my experience while the LCD-2 will scale some what.

FWIW, the EL8 sounds best/better driven by my UD-301 headphone amp, which is not very powerful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back