Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 10, 2015 at 11:11 PM Post #6,496 of 13,134
That should be fine...I hope. These are up to replacing the HD700s though. Have either of you tried the T90s? If so, how does the soundstage compare on those? So long as they aren't as bad as the soundstage on those then I should end up liking them.
I own both, and the t90s have a considerably wider soundstage. That being said, the audezes have magic midrange and better textured bass. Voices sounds amazing, as do guitars.I listen to my audezes 95% of the time, as they simply sound better, imo.

Sep 11, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #6,497 of 13,134
I own both, and the t90s have a considerably wider soundstage. That being said, the audezes have magic midrange and better textured bass. Voices sounds amazing, as do guitars.I listen to my audezes 95% of the time, as they simply sound better, imo.

Not what I want to hear...very worried now. Maybe I'm just being paranoid and they'll show me that soundstage isn't important if the mids are that good, but I may end up hating these. The soundstage on the HE-400is was disappointing, and that's comparing the T90s to them as I got them before the HD700s, comparing them to the HD700s they aren't deserving of being compared to the lower high tier cans out there. Regardless, they come tomorrow. If I had to predict what happens I am pretty certain the soundstage will end up being as disappointing as I think, but the liquid mids will show me a new way that I will end up at least being interested in. We'll see what happens, still excited to try them even if it's just to try them, just anxious to see if they are for me or not.

Thanks for the help everyone, will give rep to all.

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #6,499 of 13,134

Just became apart of the family a few days ago :). Unfortunately I've been sick and haven't got the opportunity to listen much

Sep 12, 2015 at 10:40 AM Post #6,500 of 13,134

Just became apart of the family a few days ago
smily_headphones1.gif
. Unfortunately I've been sick and haven't got the opportunity to listen much

congrats -- listen to it and you will recover quicker.

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #6,501 of 13,134
They came. My prediction was right. I use Million Dollar Man and Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey to gauge maximum vocal potential, and it's just as euphoric as on the HD700s. I feel like a wide soundstage would take these to the next level...but they're still damn good. The bass though...I've NEVER heard anything as high quality as the bass coming from these. In all, I was worried for nothing. Damn my indecisive nature.
L3000.gif
to the max.

Sep 12, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #6,502 of 13,134
The bass is still surprising to me. Like I knew that one of the reasons I wanted them was because I needed that bass, and I've heard them before at headphone meets but spending some intimate time so far has really let me appreciate the precision of the bass. Like its powerful and present, and even though the slam isn't as powerful as some closed headphones I've listened to, its that presence that really wows. The balance is oddly pleasing. Can't wait to listen more, especially when I'm healthier.

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #6,503 of 13,134
They came. My prediction was right. I use Million Dollar Man and Young and Beautiful by Lana Del Rey to gauge maximum vocal potential, and it's just as euphoric as on the HD700s. I feel like a wide soundstage would take these to the next level...but they're still damn good. The bass though...I've NEVER heard anything as high quality as the bass coming from these. In all, I was worried for nothing. Damn my indecisive nature. :L3000: to the max.

The cure for indecisive nature is... keep them all :D

Sep 12, 2015 at 1:47 PM Post #6,506 of 13,134
(*´▽`*) what a wonderful looking setup. I wish headphone stands weren't so expensive.

The three stands on the left side are just banana stands. Costs abo 2 bucks :D

I don't think my wallet would appreciate that. However, that collection tho. After a few hours of listening, these are the ones, I am sure of it.

I'm glad you're liking it. I love lcd2 sound signature :D

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #6,508 of 13,134
NFB-11 is a good choice, the NFB-10ES is good if you aren't gonna use USB, and the DAC-19 is gonna be a little too expensive. I'd say get a Class A SS amp if you want SS, hybrid you do do a Garage1217 amp or Lyr, full tubes maybe a used S.E.X.? Then just add a clean DAC with all the I/O you need and you're good to go :).

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #6,510 of 13,134
The three stands on the left side are just banana stands. Costs abo 2 bucks :D
I'm glad you're liking it. I love lcd2 sound signature :D

Huh, that's a good idea! I can't find any that cheap though...where did you buy yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back