Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Jul 7, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #6,272 of 13,134
Does anyone else feel the LCD-2 yoke rods give too much while wearing them? The headphones feel great with 3 notches visible under the R/L but if I wear them they usually seem to go to 4 notches or so on one ear or the other which makes them feel way too loose.

You can just adjust the screw to tighten it so that the rods won't move in a given position/notch

Jul 7, 2015 at 11:32 AM Post #6,273 of 13,134

And I can't imagine anyone needing the extended yokes, if you do let us see that large noggin with banana for scale XD

The extended yokes are for attached ground wires during sessions in a thunderstorm. 
cool.gif

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #6,275 of 13,134
Hey do the LCD-XC earcups fit on the LCD-2s?  Reversible Closed mod sounds like it would be useful.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #6,276 of 13,134
  Hey do the LCD-XC earcups fit on the LCD-2s?  Reversible Closed mod sounds like it would be useful.

The drivers aren't tuned for a closed environment. Put you hands over the cups and thats what it would sound like, awful.

Jul 7, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #6,277 of 13,134
Couldn't you just put some damping material in the earcups to prevent reflections or what not to make it nicer?

Of course they won't sound as nice but I think you could make it usable.

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:05 AM Post #6,278 of 13,134
I hope this is allowed, if not I apologize and please delete.

EVERYONE! Please check out my *potentially* lucrative wanted post for an LCD-2 Rev 2 (non-fazor).

It could be beneficial to the both of us!

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:37 AM Post #6,280 of 13,134
  I hope this is allowed, if not I apologize and please delete.

EVERYONE! Please check out my *potentially* lucrative wanted post for an LCD-2 Rev 2 (non-fazor).

It could be beneficial to the both of us!

Thanks but I'm preciously keeping mine  :)
Anyway, good choice. For me it is the best Audeze headphones even compare to the more expensive models.

Jul 8, 2015 at 3:42 AM Post #6,281 of 13,134
It's really sad that I can't buy a nice new headphone and support their company. I wish I could, but Fazor is just not for me. And I don't mean to be disrespectful, but it seems like Audeze was discovered on a sound that they no longer feature. Now I have to resort to racing against other head-fi'ers in order to wear someone's used equipment. (Literally racing, high quality LCD-2 Rev 2 was posted today and sold before I even got a few questions in).

Jul 8, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #6,283 of 13,134
  Is there a big difference between vegan and normal?

Before I settled on the leather, I read countless posts that never agreed. It depends on who you ask, but I'd venture a guess it mostly has to do with placebo. I doubt Audeze would want large sound differences between their pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back