Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Feb 3, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #5,611 of 13,139
  I specifically asked them about the warranty.  Unfortunately, the new drivers do not have a new warranty.  Also, the serial number stays the same. 

As for the $400 cost, think of it this way: If you don't get it repaired, the headphones are useless and you lost whatever you paid for them.  If you get it repaired, you will have essentially new headphones.  Or if you want to go with another pair of headphones, you can sell it for about $700-750.

Yes, hoping that the new drivers are working well.

Feb 3, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #5,612 of 13,139
I've never been a big fan of not extending some warranty period onto replacement goods. If the goods failed within warranty period and the product is repaired or replaced with new, tested components then some warranty should be provided. Perhaps not a full warranty, but certainly some warranty is fair. The customer has been inconvenienced and likely suffered some time without their goods so why is all the expense and pain the customers to bare? When a company won't it makes me wonder why not? Do they fear their work and testing is inadequate, or perhaps the quality is in question. If the new product had 2 years warranty I would feel the replaced product should have a year.

Feb 5, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #5,613 of 13,139
Update, they mentioned they will give 3 years warranty on the new drivers. I don't know whether it is their new policy or per case basis. After some thought I decided to send it for repair anyway.

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:43 PM Post #5,614 of 13,139
  Update, they mentioned they will give 3 years warranty on the new drivers. I don't know whether it is their new policy or per case basis. After some thought I decided to send it for repair anyway.

That's great news!  Looks like you got lucky.  I hope that's their new policy; it's the right thing for them to do.  

They didn't give me new warranty on the new drivers. Here's what I asked them: 
"1. Do I get a new serial number? 
2. Is there a new frequency graph for the new drivers?
3. Do the new drivers have a warranty? How long is the warranty?"

Their reply: 
"Your serial number will always remain the same.
New graph is attached.
New drivers will not have a new warranty. Warranty period stands the same."

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:50 PM Post #5,615 of 13,139
With all this talk about the microsuede pads being more comfortable, I finally gave in and bought a pair.  You guys are right... the microsuede pads are soooo comfy!  I'm in southern California, so the temperature can get really warm.  This afternoon, it was 80 degrees F.  With the leather pads, I was not able to wear my LCD-2 (Fazor) for more than 1 hour without taking it off and "air out" my ears.  Today, in the 80 degree heat, I wore it for 2 hours straight without discomfort.  
I do not hear much difference in the sound.  It might be slightly airier and leaning more towards neutral.  However, the differences are very small.  Could even be placebo. 

Here's a pic.  I got the black pads and black headband (too many brown microsuede out there hahaha)

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:52 PM Post #5,616 of 13,139
  That's great news!  Looks like you got lucky.  I hope that's their new policy; it's the right thing for them to do.  

They didn't give me new warranty on the new drivers. Here's what I asked them: 
"1. Do I get a new serial number? 
2. Is there a new frequency graph for the new drivers?
3. Do the new drivers have a warranty? How long is the warranty?"

Their reply: 
"Your serial number will always remain the same.
New graph is attached.
New drivers will not have a new warranty. Warranty period stands the same."

Here's a post from Audeze in the last 24 hours about it: http://www.head-fi.org/t/753171/no-shame-on-audeze-buyer-neednt-beware/165#post_11291056

Looks like they have now changed their policy. And look at those replacement prices!

Feb 5, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #5,617 of 13,139

Here's a post from Audeze in the last 24 hours about it: http://www.head-fi.org/t/753171/no-shame-on-audeze-buyer-neednt-beware/165#post_11291056

Looks like they have now changed their policy. And look at those replacement prices!

Sweet!!!  The revised prices are lower too ($250 vs $400 for LCD-2).  I wish my drivers broke 3 months later.  hahaha  
Thanks for sharing this.  

Feb 6, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #5,618 of 13,139
Hey everyone,

A little bit off topic, but I currently have a LCD2.2 pre-fazor model with the angled connectors. The frequency chart dates this unit as being measured on Oct. 2013 (just a few months before the new fazors rolled out). I've been curious about the sonic changes for the fazor versions so I want to see if anyone here would be interested in a trade since I know there are some who might prefer the pre-fazor sound. Send me a PM if you're interested... please do my feedback if you have any hesitations.

I haven't done a post on the For Sale/Trade Forum yet... but wanted to quickly do an interest check here since I believe it will be the most direct way to find someone who might care.

Cheers!

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #5,619 of 13,139
I like to listen to a lot of EDM/Dubstep and I was wondering what you guys think of upgrading to the LCD3 (brand new from Audeze).

I like the Rev 2's but I'm not the biggest fan for rock music. The sound is too narrow for rock IMHO.

I plan on testing them from The Cable Co first but was wondering what your opinions are.

Feb 6, 2015 at 11:20 AM Post #5,620 of 13,139
  I like to listen to a lot of EDM/Dubstep and I was wondering what you guys think of upgrading to the LCD3 (brand new from Audeze).

I like the Rev 2's but I'm not the biggest fan for rock music. The sound is too narrow for rock IMHO.

I plan on testing them from The Cable Co first but was wondering what your opinions are.

I'd get the LCD-X for electronic music, IMHO.  It's a lot more lively than the LCD-2/3 with more bass and treble without seeming particularly V-shaped.  The LCD-3 feels super mega ultra neutral, which is great for analogue music but maybe not so much for the synthetic stuff.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #5,621 of 13,139
really.. I always thought the X was supposed to be for reference. I'll have to try it.

EDIT: My problem may lie in the fact that I don't have the fazors.

Feb 6, 2015 at 2:29 PM Post #5,622 of 13,139
  really.. I always thought the X was supposed to be for reference. I'll have to try it.

EDIT: My problem may lie in the fact that I don't have the fazors.

Here's what Tyll says about the LCD-X (relevant part bolded by me):

The LCD-X is a great alternative to the LCD-3 above for audio pros and youthful headphone enthusiasts. Their efficiency and low impedance make them play well with any gear you plug them into, and their potent bass and smooth sound make them ideal for all manner of contemporary music.

Feb 7, 2015 at 8:36 AM Post #5,623 of 13,139
I couldent stand the sound leak of open headphones,

I am deciding to sell my lcd2 to get a nice pair of ciems.

Especially on planes even if people cant hear my music all sounds leak in, it was expected, but was not expecting it was this bad :frowning2:

Feb 7, 2015 at 8:40 AM Post #5,624 of 13,139
In my opinion, from trying all mode,s they have right now excluding the el8

There is no difference unless you have a extreme session, and in my opinion it does nto even matter if you hve a optimised amp and dac

Or have mier here you can adjust the soundsignature to what you want...

But aduze is trying to oversell the x so much, and make 2 look like soemthing like a budget low wuality headphone.

Feb 7, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #5,625 of 13,139
I couldent stand the sound leak of open headphones,

Especially on planes even if people cant hear my music all sounds leak in, it was expected, but was not expecting it was this bad
frown.gif

You tried bringing full sized, open back headphones on a plane? lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back